the Springsteen thread

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

brettac1

Re: the Springsteen thread

Post by brettac1 »

pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:55 pm
https://www.ticketnews.com/2023/02/tank ... g-on-tour/

Similar story here in Austin. I (very angrily) pass on tickets during pre-sale as they were well beyond insane. Last minute ticket, while still expensive, was much more reasonable. I'd guess prices dropped by 60%. Also, fuck ticketmaster.
I'm definitely going to start keeping a close eye on MKE prices now.
Do you ever get tired of singin' songs
Like all your pain is just another fuckin' sing along?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Bruce only did 25 songs in KC. Word is he wasn't feeling well, hope he doesn't have COVID. He did drop one of the Only the Strong Survive songs which I'm totally fine with. One week to go until my show.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

I got selected for the "verified fan" gimmick for tickets for the SF shows. What can I expect?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

brettac1 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:40 am
I got selected for the "verified fan" gimmick for tickets for the SF shows. What can I expect?
A long line in the waiting room but it goes quick. From my experience things go better if you don't go for the expensive seats. I didn't want to spend more than $100 so I went for some in that price range & got them right away, none of the premium seat bs. I'm sitting 4 rows behind the stage which is good for Bruce. Can't wait until Monday!

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

chuckrh wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:40 pm
brettac1 wrote:
A long line in the waiting room but it goes quick. From my experience things go better if you don't go for the expensive seats. I didn't want to spend more than $100 so I went for some in that price range & got them right away, none of the premium seat bs. I'm sitting 4 rows behind the stage which is good for Bruce. Can't wait until Monday!
What was the price range of the expensive ones when you got in? I have only looked at resale for this tour so I'm curious how high they go. We're looking for lower bowl not far off the floor, hopefully.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

brettac1 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:41 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:40 pm
brettac1 wrote:
What was the price range of the expensive ones when you got in? I have only looked at resale for this tour so I'm curious how high they go. We're looking for lower bowl not far off the floor, hopefully.
I didn't even look to be honest. I'm living on a fixed income & the entertainment budget only goes so far. I couldn't resist this figuring it will be the last run for me with the Boss. This year is the 45th anniversary of my first Bruce show. Junior year of high school. I saw him early in the tour in a theater & then at the end of the tour in December 1978. That show was about a week after the famous Winterland show & was the last one of tour. This was in a small arena. Epic!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

brettac1 wrote:
There is a chance that you will get immediate access to available tickets and be able to purchase them w/out re-mortgaging.
There is a chance that you will experience great frustration bit will get eventual access with a slight chance that there will still be tickets at some price.
There is a chance that you will not even be allowed to access the actual ticket buying process.

There is absolute certainty that you will be frustrated, inconvenienced, have your chain yanked (i.e. be teased into thinking you're moving right along only to get bounced before you can buy) or ripped off in some fashion.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:31 pm
brettac1 wrote:
There is a chance that you will get immediate access to available tickets and be able to purchase them w/out re-mortgaging.
There is a chance that you will experience great frustration bit will get eventual access with a slight chance that there will still be tickets at some price.
There is a chance that you will not even be allowed to access the actual ticket buying process.

There is absolute certainty that you will be frustrated, inconvenienced, have your chain yanked (i.e. be teased into thinking you're moving right along only to get bounced before you can buy) or ripped off in some fashion.
Thrilled!

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Zip City wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:05 pm
It’s disappointing to see an artist with such a deep catalog is out there playing the same set list every night.
Agreed. The start of the tour typically goes like this for him but we are now 8 or so shows in on a tour that isn't really behind an album or thematically structured so the lack of set list variety is puzzling to say the least. At most of the shows post Tampa, he has planned on making changes according to his handwritten set list but keeps opting out of the changes over the course of the show and is reverting back to the same set.

I have seen all of these songs (besides LTR songs) several times.

You'd think at the least, songs like No Surrender, Out in the Street (why does he love this one so much?), Candy's Room, Kitty's Back, Backstreets, and like...all of the encore would see rotation by now but here we are.

But hey, I didn't spend $600 (or whatever it was) to see him this leg, nor did I purchase the Nugs package, so it makes no difference to me. Planning on Summer and Fall shows and can only imagine these early sets will be long forgotten and each night will be a wild card.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:31 pm
brettac1 wrote:

So it actually worked well! Wound up with 2nd row off the floor straight back from the stage for 12/10 (last night of the tour) then went back and got some for 12/8 in the lower bowl with a partial side view, which I'm not all that scared of. The prices were in line with what I was comfortable paying. Now just have to wait 9 months!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Bruce did "Trapped" tonight in Seattle & none of the soul covers. Also (I think) tour debut of "Land of Hope & Dreams". Fantastic show! I just drove home through a snow storm. I'm going to bed. More later....

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:16 am
Bruce did "Trapped" tonight in Seattle & none of the soul covers. Also (I think) tour debut of "Land of Hope & Dreams". Fantastic show! I just drove home through a snow storm. I'm going to bed. More later....
:!: :!: :!: :mrgreen:

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Here's some of why I always rave about the second time I saw Springsteen:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/03/17/ ... ed-boston/

I knew one of the interviewees (Paul Kaytes) though we were not at the show together.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:37 pm
Here's some of why I always rave about the second time I saw Springsteen:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/03/17/ ... ed-boston/

I knew one of the interviewees (Paul Kaytes) though we were not at the show together.
You're ahead of me. I saw him twice in 1978.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Got my cd of the Seattle show. 3 cds, great sound. More bands should do this.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

This is the thread w/ the most recent discussion of ticket prices, fees, etc, right? Today's NYT has a pretty good summary of the state of play:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/07/arts ... 029039208a

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

All of the remaining 2023 dates have been postponed.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »