Led Zeppelin

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

cortez the killer

Re: Led Zeppelin

Post by cortez the killer »

beantownbubba wrote:
4sooner wrote:Down a few notches???!!!
WTF clams, you assigning a numeric ranking to board members now? ;)
As for the Natalie Merchant Fiasco of 2013,I blame clams for that.
In other news, I put Presence a close second behind Physical Graffitti. Love that record.

The only question is whether this is the post of the year or the post of the decade.

Perhaps. However, less than 2 hours later, this beauty knocked it off its fresh perch:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I could give a flying fuck what you think.
Last edited by cortez the killer on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

cortez the killer wrote:
Clams wrote:
In other news, I put Presence a close second behind Physical Graffitti. Love that record.

I send all rankings to Cortez, monthly. He uploads them to the master spread sheet.

In the ugly green metal file cabinet. Special key hidden in my chest of drawers.

Is that the same thing as a Chester drawer? :lol:
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:
Clams wrote:
I send all rankings to Cortez, monthly. He uploads them to the master spread sheet.

In the ugly green metal file cabinet. Special key hidden in my chest of drawers.

That's so 20th century dude. If it isn't in the cloud it ain't nowhere. How else are the chinese gonna be able to hack it?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

I don't want to see anything in Cortez's drawers
Always go to the show

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Jonicont wrote:I don't want to see anything in Cortez's drawers

http://wavs.unclebubby.com/wav/SOUNDFX/rimshot.wav
By the time you drop them I'll be gone
And you'll be right where they fall the rest of your life

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Clams wrote:

This sounds like collusion.

Kudzu Guillotine

Kudzu Guillotine

Kudzu Guillotine

On the heels of the release of the remastered version of Zeppelin's fourth album, Jimmy Page describes the creation of "Stairway To Heaven" for the BBC.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Kudzu Guillotine

New interview with Page conducted by David Fricke for Rolling Stone.

Jimmy Page: 'Led Zeppelin Was an Affair of the Heart'
Guitar god on the latest Led Zep reissues, his choirboy past — and potential new music next year

Jimmy Page reflects on the power of Led Zeppelin — and his life after the band — in David Fricke's extensive interview.
Joseph Victor Stefanchik/Washington Post/Getty

Flea

Post by Flea »

In related news, the latest Robert Plant is quite nice. More "Lullabye" then "Roar", but a damn fine listen.
Now it's dark.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Flea wrote:In related news, the latest Robert Plant is quite nice. More "Lullabye" then "Roar", but a damn fine listen.

Agree. I like Little Maggie and Embrace Another Fall.

Kudzu Guillotine

I've also been enjoying the new Plant record quite a bit. I wasn't so sure that I'd like it at first but I can see it being in my top 10 at the end of the year if not my top 5.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Teen Who Just Discovered Led Zeppelin Starting To Piss Off Friends

GURNEE, IL—Mark Campa, 16, who has listened to and talked about Led Zeppelin almost exclusively since discovering the '70s rock group over the summer, is "really starting to piss off" his friends, sources reported Monday.

The Zeppelin-loving Campa.

"I've got nothing against Zep—they're awesome," said James Savich, 16, a longtime friend of Campa's. "But Mark acts like he's the first person ever to really get into them when he's, like, the 59 billionth."
Campa was first exposed to the band in June when older brother Bryan returned from college and started playingLed Zeppelin II while lifting weights in the garage. After one listen, Campa was reportedly hooked, buying his own copy and playing it incessantly for weeks.
Campa's Led Zeppelin fixation soon manifested itself in myriad ways, with the teen playing only Led Zeppelin in his car, drawing the Led Zeppelin IV runes on his arm, and spending $73 at the Kane County Fair ring toss in an effort to win a Swan Song mirror.
According to friends, Campa's newfound love of the band has caused him to behave in a "dicklick" fashion.
"Last Saturday night, a bunch of us were driving around cranking the new Slipknot when Mark popped the tape out and started messing with the radio," said Rick Eglund, 17. "I was like, 'Dude, what's your problem?' He said it was time for WLUP's 'Get The Led Out' and that he never missed it. I told him he was gonna miss it that night. Then, he tried to stop me from putting the tape back into my own stereo. I had to pull over and force him to switch seats with Dan [Alberman]."
"The stupid thing is, at the time, we were driving Mark home," Eglund continued. "He has all their CDs, so he could've listened to Zep all night if he'd just waited five minutes. I guess he had to prove what a big fan he is."
In addition to naming his '91 Prelude the "Honda Of The Holy" and renaming his cat of four years "Bonzo" as an homage to late Led Zeppelin drummer John "Bonzo" Bonham, Campa has irritated friends with his constant barrage of Led Zeppelin trivia.
"In the past week alone, I've learned that Keith Moon came up with the band's name, Jimmy Page is in the movie Blowup, and 'All Of My Love' is about Robert Plant's son Karac, who died from a viral infection," Savich said. "And if I hear Mark tell us about the 'mudshark incident' one more time, I'm gonna kill him. Everybody knows Hammer Of The Gods is bullshit, anyway."
Campa has also developed a habit of pointing out Led Zeppelin connections to seemingly non-Zeppelin-related items.
"I downloaded the Lord Of The Rings trailer and, next thing you know, Mark goes into this whole thing about how 'The Battle Of Evermore' references the book Lord Of The Rings," Alberman said. "I had to re-start the trailer after he was done because no one got to see it. It's getting to the point where you're almost afraid to go to a movie with Mark because John Paul Jones' second cousin might be an extra in it."
Added Eglund: "It could be worse, I guess. He could've gotten into the Grateful Dead. Or Floyd. Just imagine if he walked around all day quoting Dark Side Of The Moon. Christ."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/teen-who-just-discovered-led-zeppelin-starting-to,199/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview%3ANA%3AInFocus
Now it's dark.

Kudzu Guillotine

Page on The Late Show with David Letterman last night.

Kudzu Guillotine

By now, I'm sure everyone has seen the reports that Plant turned down a several million dollar offer (reports vary as to the actual amount) from Richard Branson for Led Zeppelin to reunite for a 35 city tour. Upon seeing the initial report from The Daily Mail, I found it suspect since they're pretty much the UK equivalent of The National Enquirer. This morning, this report has surfaced.

It's 'rubbish' that Robert Plant turned down £500m Led Zeppelin reformation offer, says publicist
Report about former Zeppelin singer rejecting offer from Richard Branson is not true, says his PR representative

Never again … John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page promoting the Celebration Day DVD and album in 2012.
Photograph: Dave J Hogan/Getty Images

Kudzu Guillotine

Kudzu Guillotine

Kudzu Guillotine

This version of "Black Country Woman" is sounding pretty sweet. More info on the Mojo vinyl edition if you click on the image below.

Hear Hiss Golden Messenger cover Led Zeppelin for a Physical Graffiti tribute

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Really loving the Physical Graffiti deluxe. My favorite outtake is the version of "In My Time of Dying". Kick ass! Presence coming out soon? ;)

Kudzu Guillotine

211poundsofpork wrote:Really loving the Physical Graffiti deluxe. My favorite outtake is the version of "In My Time of Dying". Kick ass! Presence coming out soon? ;)
Looking forward to that but I haven't heard any dates announced for the final three releases yet. Presence is pretty high up on my list as well.

211poundsofpork

not that I'm not a fan of Coda, but that is getting the remastered treatment as well? I figured since that wasn't a proper Zep album, it wouldn't be re-released. Should be cool. Would love to hear crisp versions of Walter's Walk and Poor Tom.

Clams

Post by Clams »

I've been on a bit of a Zeppelin kick too. Physical Graffiti, mostly.
If you don't run you rust

Kudzu Guillotine

211poundsofpork wrote:not that I'm not a fan of Coda, but that is getting the remastered treatment as well? I figured since that wasn't a proper Zep album, it wouldn't be re-released. Should be cool. Would love to hear crisp versions of Walter's Walk and Poor Tom.
To the best of my knowledge, it's going to be part of the reissue campaign. When it was reissued the last time as part of The Complete Studio Recordings box, Page included "Baby Come On Home", "Travelling Riverside Blues", "White Summer"/"Black Mountain Side" and "Hey Hey What Can I Do" which weren't part of the original release. No telling what may end up on the Companion Audio disc. He's said that he wanted to steer clear of material that's readily available on bootleg but it seems like there would be a place for "Sunshine Woman" and similar tracks that have never seen the light of day officially. I was also hoping the Bombay sessions would make their way onto the IV bonus disc but didn't happen, I guess because Page figures they're already available via bootleg. Personally speaking, I think I have something like 2 Zep bootlegs so there's a lot of the rare stuff I've never heard. Too bad because in all likelihood this will be the last time Page oversees a Zep project of this magnitude.

211poundsofpork

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
211poundsofpork wrote:not that I'm not a fan of Coda, but that is getting the remastered treatment as well? I figured since that wasn't a proper Zep album, it wouldn't be re-released. Should be cool. Would love to hear crisp versions of Walter's Walk and Poor Tom.
To the best of my knowledge, it's going to be part of the reissue campaign. When it was reissued the last time as part of The Complete Studio Recordings box, Page included "Baby Come On Home", "Travelling Riverside Blues", "White Summer"/"Black Mountain Side" and "Hey Hey What Can I Do" which weren't part of the original release. No telling what may end up on the Companion Audio disc. He's said that he wanted to steer clear of material that's readily available on bootleg but it seems like there would be a place for "Sunshine Woman" and similar tracks that have never seen the light of day officially. I was also hoping the Bombay sessions would make their way onto the IV bonus disc but didn't happen, I guess because Page figures they're already available via bootleg. Personally speaking, I think I have something like 2 Zep bootlegs so there's a lot of the rare stuff I've never heard. Too bad because in all likelihood this will be the last time Page oversees a Zep project of this magnitude.
agreed

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Jimmy Page Closes the Book on Led Zeppelin With Final Reissues

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-pa ... -reissues/

211poundsofpork

I shall be picking up the "final 3" on Sunday. I can't wait!

maxjkugel

Zeppelin

Post by maxjkugel »