Pandora

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

The Black Canary

Pandora

Post by The Black Canary »

Ok am I last one to know about this???? I swear some days it is not worth putting panties on !!!!

Flood18

Re: Pandora

Post by Flood18 »

If you arent youre mighty close to it. I prefer grooveshark or last.fm to pandora but all are a lot of fun to screw around on.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

I've heard of Pandora, but have never been on the site.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

i couldn't get thru a workday w/out it...
In my blood, there's gasoline..

jdwolf

Post by jdwolf »

I love Pandora...I've never heard of the other ones mentioned but will check them out!
I wasn't born in the south but I got here as soon as I could!!

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

I routinely hit my 40 hr limit. I've considered paying the yearly fee. Its a great way to find new bands.

It gets annoying though if you listen a lot because of the repeat in the commercials. I must've heard the one about Hunan chicken about 50 times in May.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

At my old job, Pandora was key. I got sick of the commercials and signed up for the yearly subscription. Still, I was constantly running out of thumbs-downs. Pandora just couldn't get what I wanted to listen to. Another drawback was that they really didn't play enough songs from who or whatever the station was named after.
Now, at my new job I've recently been trying out Last.fm and so far it isn't too bad. (The stop-smoking ads are getting pretty retarded and annoying however 'hi, my name is Roosevelt...I never tawt...".) My DBT station is kicking ass. A lot of Isbell and a decent smattering of solo Patterson stuff gets me through the day as well as a couple of Black Crowes tunes on that same station. Friday's however, I usually put on the Curtis Mayfield station. Kick ass. 8-)

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Wow, how'd this get dredged up. I've moved on to Spotify.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

I just need something to listen to at work. I don't have an ipod or listen to music on my phone, plus I get sick of hearing Bruno Mars or Pitbull or Travis Titt or whatever in the other room, so Last.fm serves my needs so far. Outside of work, I'm taken care of ;) I dredged this thread up because I just wanted to see what everyone else does. R.I.P. Pandora

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

211poundsofpork wrote:I just need something to listen to at work. I don't have an ipod or listen to music on my phone, plus I get sick of hearing Bruno Mars or Pitbull or Travis Titt or whatever in the other room, so Last.fm serves my needs so far. Outside of work, I'm taken care of ;) I dredged this thread up because I just wanted to see what everyone else does. R.I.P. Pandora

I tried Pandora and few other similar services back when Pandora was new. I thought they were cool but it's something I've never returned to. And, for whatever it's worth, I don't use Spotify. I listen to my iPod/iTunes, internet radio, some terrestrial radio (mainly NPR and the local college stations) and Sirius/XM.

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I listen to my iPod/iTunes, internet radio, some terrestrial radio (mainly NPR and the local college stations) and Sirius/XM.

WNCW is good shit.

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Pandora was great before spotify. It was better than grooveshark and all the like. But, when spotify came along and I could listen to full albums I was hooked. I'm more of an album guy anyway.

My biggest problem with pandora was that if you chose an artist like DBT, the choices of songs/bands that they played were real limited. It could feel incestuous after awhile because you weren't really discovering new music, which if I'm not mistaken was kinda their M.O. at pandora. If you popped in something like The Beatles, then yeah, you'd get a million and one new bands.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

WoodDuck wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I listen to my iPod/iTunes, internet radio, some terrestrial radio (mainly NPR and the local college stations) and Sirius/XM.

WNCW is good shit.

Yes, it is. I also enjoy KEXP (Seattle) and WUNC, WKNC, WXYC, WXDU and WCOM as far as local stations go.