New Album

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Why Henry Drinks

New Album

Post by Why Henry Drinks »

Anyone checked out the new Hank III Rebel Within?? If not you should, Moonshiner's Life is about Popcorn Sutton and it's the shit!

Smitty

Re: New Album

Post by Smitty »

Why Henry Drinks wrote:Anyone checked out the new Hank III Rebel Within?? If not you should, Moonshiner's Life is about Popcorn Sutton and it's the shit!

That's about the only decent track on the album. At first I thought it was OK, but I'm beginning to think its pure shit. Hell, even Hank 3 admitted its not that good an album
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Why Henry Drinks

where did you see where hank said that? i got a hank tattoo last year after damn right rebel proud

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Why Henry Drinks wrote:where did you see where hank said that? i got a hank tattoo last year after damn right rebel proud

I can't find the quote where he said it wasn't that good an album purposely cuz he didn't want to give Curb another classic, but I swear I read it lol
here's a quote of him admitting it's no Straight to Hell:

The Songs, and Compared to Straight to Hell:

“I honestly don’t think it tops Straight to Hell. It’s got a couple of moments. It’s got a strait up country song called “Drinking Ain’t Hard to Do.” Then of course you have “The Rebel Within” that has a little bit of the screamin’. And then you got a little more of the hellbilliy, psychobilly track on “Let’s Party.” Both of those songs are already on YouTube and you can check them out. It goes through some different kind of moods, like there’s some slow ones like “#5″ it’s the big gut wrencher. It’s written for one of my friends whose gone through the hard times with the heroin man, and made it through the other side. It’s got the slow ones its got the fast ones and a little attitude. But I still don’t think it tops . . . I still got another 4 years before I come close to knocking that one (Straight to Hell) down.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/hank- ... bel-within

Why Henry Drinks

either way its better than that Assjack shit. lol my tattoo is pretty sweet its three bars and says p.f.f. under the bars for punch fight fuck. because i also love gg allin

BigTom
Site Admin

Post by BigTom »

I like it. Especially Drinkin' Over Momma and Tore Up and Loud.
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

Why Henry Drinks

I like.....Getting' Drunk and Fallin' Down / Rebel Within / Gone But Not Forgotten / Moonshiner's Life / Karmageddon

still think Straight to Hell was best but Damn Right, Rebel Proud was pretty damn close

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

IMO:

Straight to Hell
Lovesick, Broke & Drifting
Rising Outlaw
Rebel Within
Damn Right
Assjack

I been a fan since Rising Outlaw - joined the Curb "street team" and actually got a bunch of cool swag for "Lovesick" - "Straight to Hell" is a great album - after that he started incorporating too much of his Assjack shit for my liking

Why Henry Drinks

yeah i got the hank III boxset but i refused to buy assjack it was complete and total shit

joelle

Post by joelle »

Why Henry Drinks wrote:either way its better than that Assjack shit. lol my tattoo is pretty sweet its three bars and says p.f.f. under the bars for punch fight fuck. because i also love gg allin

any photos handy?
i'm intrigued,honestly.

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

Yeah, I just read ninebullets.net's review this morning. Smitty, I heard/read the same thing that he just kinda pooped this out to get out of his Curb contract. Hope better things are on the horizon.

Why Henry Drinks

agreed. fuck curb records

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Lovesick, Broke & Drifting
Straight to Hell
Rising Outlaw
Damn Right
Rebel Within

Assjack

I dig Hank III. The first half of the live show is cool. 2nd half with Assjack is cheesy speedmetal.