Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Bill in CT

Re: Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Post by Bill in CT »

3/8 Mike Dillon - Bridgeport, CT
3/9 DBT/Margo Cilker - Indianapolis, IN
3/10 DBT/Margo Cilker - Detroit, MI
3/11 DBT/Margo Cilker - Milwaukee, WI
3/12 DBT/Margo Cilker - Madison, WI
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Clams

Post by Clams »

McMurtry last night, Springsteen this weekend
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

emandrisdad wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:20 am
Scored tickets for The Cure at MSG
After hassling for a whole day I finally got tickets for Seattle. Word is they are nuking tickets on StubHub etc & those tickets are popping up. I'm right by the stage a bit up with no one in front of me. Good because I can't stand for a whole show. Paid a bit over $200 for the pair including parking. Not bad.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Springsteen tickets for next week in Boston seem to have mostly come down out of the stratosphere and have settled in the upper atmosphere. Almost close enough to touch, but not quite. A hard decision looming.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:53 pm
Springsteen tickets for next week in Boston seem to have mostly come down out of the stratosphere and have settled in the upper atmosphere. Almost close enough to touch, but not quite. A hard decision looming.
Do it, bubba!

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

chuckrh wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:42 pm
emandrisdad wrote:
After hassling for a whole day I finally got tickets for Seattle. Word is they are nuking tickets on StubHub etc & those tickets are popping up. I'm right by the stage a bit up with no one in front of me. Good because I can't stand for a whole show. Paid a bit over $200 for the pair including parking. Not bad.
Im in a really good spot in MSG. $160 for a pair and now Smitty got TM to refund some ridiculous charges. I don’t get how people will resell in the states where it’s supposed to be prevented. Is Washington allowing reselling?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

emandrisdad wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:51 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:42 pm
emandrisdad wrote:
Im in a really good spot in MSG. $160 for a pair and now Smitty got TM to refund some ridiculous charges. I don’t get how people will resell in the states where it’s supposed to be prevented. Is Washington allowing reselling?
Only at face value per Robert. New York, Illinois & Colorado have laws protecting scalper (huh?) & that's where the usual stuff is going on. Really impressed by the effort Robert is putting into this.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Another Nashville benefit show on Monday. The big names are Jason Isbell, Amanda Shires, Julien Baker, and Sheryl Crow.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Mountain Goats 4/7 in Green Bay
Charles Wesley Godwin 6/8 in Milwaukee
Do you ever get tired of singin' songs
Like all your pain is just another fuckin' sing along?

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Luck Reunion last Friday.

DBT this Friday!
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Don't know if I'm going to this, but the lineup is right up several of your collective wheel houses

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Nice to see the Clams family will be accompanying Shannon at the festival.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

3/19 DBT/Margo Cilker - Fayetteville, AR
3/21 DBT/Margo Cilker - Oklahoma City, OK
3/22 Vader/Krisiun/Decrepit Birth - Houston, TX
3/23 Hell’s Heroes V Pre-Party (Triumph of Death performing Hellhammer, Vio-lence, Spectral Wound, Necrofier) - Houston, TX
Last edited by Bill in CT on Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:52 pm
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:22 pm
beantownbubba wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:25 pm

Surely you'll need an assistant to help w/ all your equipment. <Raises both hands>
soundboard shoots are when i could actually use an extra pair of hands but i will be lucky to get one ticket nevermind two.
well, i did get approved! but only one ticket, sorry btb!
Did you enjoy the show?

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

good timing, i just finished my review

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:52 pm

Nice review & pics. Glad you enjoyed it.

Clams

Post by Clams »

chuckrh wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:46 am

I saw him last weekend at Penn State - my first E Street Band show since I think 2009. I will say that unlike previous tours this one seemed less spontaneous (you might even say highly scripted) and I'd say Bruce might have lost a step and is def looking his age. That said, I thought it was a great show. Really strong setlist and the E Street Band still packs a punch. Also, though I've long been critical of the need for a horn section, I thought the horns sounded tremendous and really added to a bunch of the songs (cannot say the same for the bevy of backup singers, I still think they're unnecessary). All in all, glad I saw him - especially at Penn State, was a great 24 hours of partying in one of my favorite towns with old friends and the boss.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Great pics, nice review, tin.

Glad everyone enjoyed!

Mildly comic moment in a you had to be there way: At about 9:30 Monday night, I said to my wife that at this exact moment on Causeway Street in Boston Bruce is probably asking if anybody is alive out there. One of the 2 reviews in the Boston Globe the next day started out with "Is anybody alive out there?" before going on to note that Bruce did not ask the question during the show.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Clams wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:02 am
chuckrh wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:46 am

I saw him last weekend at Penn State - my first E Street Band show since I think 2009. I will say that unlike previous tours this one seemed less spontaneous (you might even say highly scripted) and I'd say Bruce might have lost a step and is def looking his age. That said, I thought it was a great show. Really strong setlist and the E Street Band still packs a punch. Also, though I've long been critical of the need for a horn section, I thought the horns sounded tremendous and really added to a bunch of the songs (cannot say the same for the bevy of backup singers, I still think they're unnecessary). All in all, glad I saw him - especially at Penn State, was a great 24 hours of partying in one of my favorite towns with old friends and the boss.
Glad you enjoyed it, Clams. I feel the same about the backup singers. I'm pretty sure that was my last ride with the Boss & I wasn't disappointed. I thought the River tour in 2016 was better but this was good enough. The show I saw he didn't do the Commonbores song which I was fine with. I'm pretty much done with the arena/stadium shows. I'm sure there will be exceptions to that but stuff is just too rich for my blood now. The only show like that I have on the horizon is the Cure & they've done their damndest to keep prices down. Otherwise it's theaters & clubs for me.

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

I haven't been to a show since the first weekend in December but now I have 2 nights in a row.

3/23 - Morgan Wade - The Troubadour, West Hollywood
3/24 - Mother Hips - Lodge Room, Los Angeles

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Springsteen tonight in Greensboro!
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:33 am
Springsteen tonight in Greensboro!
Springsteen and Homecoming in a single week! Even worldwide bill would have a tough time matching that. If you are not one already, you will be a RnR legend by next Sunday morning.

tinnitus photography

i am in amsterdam for work and my trip got extended to give me a free weekend. i spotted a cool gig a few hours away and decided to make a plan... repost from another board i am on.

so my effort to see and photograph the mini-festival in Munster on Saturday was a great success. after i posted on fb/ig, my pal JJ who runs The Obelisk (the go-to blog for all things stoner/doom) re-shared my post and someone from Rotterdam got in touch w/ me, telling me that I could borrow his gear. So, i rented a car, swung down to Rotterdam to pick him and then headed to Munster, which took about 3.5 hr. Kamil is a Pole living in Rotterdam, originally studied to be an architect but is getting interested in photography as well. He is a young guy, around 26 i think. i was a bit unsure of how 7 hr roundtrip would go with someone i didn't know but he was a great guy and we had great discussions about loads of things.

i checked into my hotel and he headed to a nearby hostel where he was staying. he came back and we grabbed a quick pizza before walking to the venue, a place called Sputnik Halle. it was a cool venue, an old industrial building that was some sort of factory. there were two rooms (main room was good size, the smaller one definitely tighter) and in between them was a spot for merch and a place you could get a pizza. outside in the courtyard had tables and benches if you wanted to have a smoke.

we got there a bit after doors opened and i met Falk-Hagen, a photographer from Berlin who I first met at a Mastodon show in Dublin and then later that year at Roadburn. he got me an artist wristband and knew the organizers and most of the bands and introduced me to them, which was nice. got to grab a free beer upstairs in the artist area and chat w/ people from Colour Haze, Kungens Man, Zone Six and the two organizers Kristian and Ulli.

Surprisingly Kungens Man was on first, which caught me off guard but i didn't miss any of their set. they were missing Hans Hjelm as he missed the tour due to illness but the band was in fine form nonetheless, a great mix of loose percussion, driving rhythms, and the spirit of psych/improv/communal noise. afterwards i chatted with them and we talked about a few things, notable Tras, Gras Och Stenar and Pavement (Gustav loved the Pavement show in Stockholm and mentioned the last time he saw them was the final tour, with his pregnant wife back in the late 90s).

I missed Ornamental during that time, but caught ¡Pendejo! who were a fun Dutch band who combined heavy riffs with a brass attack. the singer also played trumpet, the trombonist sometimes played guitar, there were two other trumpet/trombonists in the back and one of them played tuba for a song or two, and then there was a drummer, bass player and another guitar. though they are Dutch, all their songs are sung in Spanish. i didn't need 60 min of them but enjoyed the show for the most part.

Zone Six was next, over in the smaller room. i got there early to get a spot at the stage for photos but there was a guy to my left who recorded every moment of every song with his phone, sometimes extended it to full arm's length. kind of annoying. the band were a four piece, drums/gtr/bass and a guy on keyboards and theremin, all instrumental. i think i saw a little of them at 2016 Roadburn. decent grooves, a bit like hawkwind. excellent projected liquid light show too.

last up was the main event, Colour Haze. they are a long-standing heavy riff band from Germany who rarely play the US. They were actually announced to play Psycho Las Vegas in 2016 but were quietly dropped from the lineup well before the event, and I asked Stefan about that... he said that there was very little organization, the band basically got a message of "hey come play our festival and we'll pay you 10K" but there was no follow up on visas, hotel confirmations, airport pickups, instrumental rentals, etc and they felt like it too seat of the pants and didn't want to have it all fall apart so they declined.

Their set was excellent, Stefan has a really great tone and the drummer was really good too, playing in that much looser, jazz-like style that European bands seem to favor over US bands. 100% worth while to make it to the show. random details:

at one point, some French guy came up around me to pat his friend on the back and then just stayed there in front of me. not the biggest issue in the world but he had terrible body odor and i finally moved back in the room.

beers were cheap! 3.30 euro for a bottle.

after the show ended, i went upstairs to see if Falk was around. he wasn't but i saw Stefan and Ulli. chatted w/ them a bit and then as they were talking with me, it became apparent that they forgot who i was and thought i was a member of Pendejo, hilarious. i didn't have the nerve to correct them.

after grabbing a Colour Haze t shirt (Kungens Man merch was gone as the band packed up early since they had a 15 hr drive back to Stockholm), I walked back to the hotel around 12:30 or 1. grabbed a whiskey in the hotel lobby and dicked around with my phone. the bartender gave me a thing of dried peanuts and crunchy bits which was nice and i grabbed another whisky. it was close to 2 and i was beat so i grabbed my empty glass and dropped it at the bar. at the bar were two guys, one wearing a Heavy Psych Sounds hoodie so it was apparent they had been to the show as well. sat down and started chatting with them, both were australian and were friends. one has been living in Enschade for a while and the other was still in Melbourne but in Munich for business. so, i wasn't the only one who made a trek for the show! we had a good time drinking and talking and when the bartender told us he was closing at 3, we kept being able to convince him to keep the bar open and keep serving us, even after everyone else had gone. finally at 4:30 he said enough, and i headed to a very late bed.

The drive home wasn't actually too bad, probably got on the road around 11 and it was nice and sunny. dropped Kamil off at Rotterdam, made it back to amsterdam, filled the car, took a giant shit in mcdonald's and dropped hte rental car off and walked the short half mile route back to my hotel, where i was pretty beat.

i will be back over on the 9th for two weeks, and i hope to see Igorrr/Amenra at the Melkweg during that time.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

3/24 Hell’s Heroes V (Midnight Dice, Visigoth, Morgul Blade, Brocas Helm, Ross the Boss, Exciter, Liege Lord, Hallas, Possessed) - Houston, TX
3/25 Hell’s Heroes V (Unto Others, Skull Fist, Pagan Altar, Christian Mistress, Satan, Haunt, Razor, Triptykon playing early Celtic Frost) - Houston, TX
3/26 DBT/Margo Cilker - Birmingham, AL
3/27 The Pink Stones - Athens, GA
3/28 Classic City Jukebox - Athens, GA
3/29 DBT/Model Citizen - Athens, GA
3/30 DBT/Hayride - Athens, GA

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:38 am
i am in amsterdam for work and my trip got extended to give me a free weekend. i spotted a cool gig a few hours away and decided to make a plan... repost from another board i am on.
One test of good writing is whether the reader keeps on reading even if s/he is not interested in the subject. You passed w/ flying colors.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Bill in CT wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:03 am
3/24 Hell’s Heroes V (Midnight Dice, Visigoth, Morgul Blade, Brocas Helm, Ross the Boss, Exciter, Liege Lord, Hallas, Possessed) - Houston, TX
3/25 Hell’s Heroes V (Unto Others, Skull Fist, Pagan Altar, Christian Mistress, Satan, Haunt, Razor, Triptykon playing early Celtic Frost) - Houston, TX
Bill, is there a hidden message in you cutting off your schedule on 3/30 even though I know you've seen at least 2 concerts since then? Is there no point in counting after 400? ;) :D

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:23 am
Bill in CT wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:03 am
Bill, is there a hidden message in you cutting off your schedule on 3/30 even though I know you've seen at least 2 concerts since then? Is there no point in counting after 400? ;) :D
No I just needed a break from typing and didn’t have the names of all the artists I saw at Flicker on Friday. Another post for the music I saw on Friday & Saturday is forthcoming. 😀

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

3/31 Jay Gonzalez - Athens, GA
3/31 The Williamson Brothers, Krista Shows, Eleganza - Athens, GA
3/31 DBT/Mercyland/Camp Amped Band - Athens, GA
4/1 DBT/Wednesday - Athens, GA

tinnitus photography

beantownbubba wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:20 am
Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:38 am
One test of good writing is whether the reader keeps on reading even if s/he is not interested in the subject. You passed w/ flying colors.
thanks! it was a really great weekend of random connections.

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

4/07 - Lucero - Troubadour - West Hollywood

I've seen Ben solo but this will be my first full band show