Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

tinnitus photography

Re: Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Post by tinnitus photography »

i felt the same way when i saw him at Newport last year. damn, that's no way to go through life.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

tinnitus photography wrote:i felt the same way when i saw him at Newport last year. damn, that's no way to go through life.
On a lighter note, if you ever get a chance to shoot there, do it. Dinosaur Jr. comes through there (I really need to get to one of those shows).

First round of Psuedo Sue is on me.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Kate Wolf Festival starts tomorrow.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Bon Scott's AC/DC

Post by Bon Scott's AC/DC »

Little Steven & The Disciples of Soul, tonight, Vicar St., Dublin, Ireland.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Drove up to Brooklyn with the Mrs yesterday to see the Regrettes at Rough Trade. Randi and I have fallen hard for the Regrettes the past few months. Yes they are teenagers but they've got some pretty important shit to say and they definitely know their way around a rock song. They've gotten a lot of buzz lately and were recently signed by Warner Bros and I believe they are on the righteous path. As far as the show went, they were great! As much as I like seeing DBT, the bottle rockets, McMurtry and the like, there is something extra cool about seeing a group of teenagers with guitars rocking their hearts out. They closed with Sweet's Ballroom Blitz. The kids are alright.

Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

hanklow

Post by hanklow »

Dylan next Fri. in Montreal

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

Clams wrote:Drove up to Brooklyn with the Mrs yesterday to see the Regrettes at Rough Trade. Randi and I have fallen hard for the Regrettes the past few months. Yes they are teenagers but they've got some pretty important shit to say and they definitely know their way around a rock song. They've gotten a lot of buzz lately and were recently signed by Warner Bros and I believe they are on the righteous path. As far as the show went, they were great! As much as I like seeing DBT, the bottle rockets, McMurtry and the like, there is something extra cool about seeing a group of teenagers with guitars rocking their hearts out. They closed with Sweet's Ballroom Blitz. The kids are alright.

excellent post. thanks. i'm interested.

Bon Scott's AC/DC

Post by Bon Scott's AC/DC »

Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul, Vicar Street, Dublin, June 22nd, 2017.

I went to see Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul yesterday evening in Vicar St. I remember Little Steven’s music from an MTV video type show in the 80s, but never got around to buying or hearing him much apart from that. (I also really like his Underground Garage internet show.) I really liked the song Sun City from back then, but the other stuff must not have made much impression on me as I couldn't remember it!! But this is Bruce’s sometime left hand man, Bruce’s somewhile co-producer, the man who got all those artists together in the 80s for a great cause– Sun City, (and Silvio from The Sopranos!). I saw complementary tickets for sale on DoneDeal.ie for E15, so I said why not (the seller was the friend of an eastern european cleaner in a radio station who gave the cleaner 10 free comp tickets). I listened to his new album, and its good, a mix of originals and covers – he covers James Brown’s Down and out in NY City for example and listened to his setlist on Spotify, and then his Greatest Hits (shouldn’t that be called a best of… because as he admits himself, he’s barely had any hits!). The venue holds 1,400 people, and there was a good crowd, but it wasn’t sold out. I can tell you he doesn’t do things by half, he had a 15 piece band (how much does it cost to put that size of band on the road – he must be dipping into his piggy bank of saving for that size of band!! In addition to the regular 7 piece band ( with 2 keyboard players), there was a five guy brass section, and three girl backing singers. Visually it was fantastic, panoramic from left to right as there were so many of them upon there the stage! The three girl singers were great too, really lively and going wild to the music (one girl must be 5’11” and had a 6” afro, and whenever ‘little’ Steven came near her she towered over him – did I mention that she was also beautiful and really hot!). It was also, surprisingly enough, the best sound quality and the LOUDEST gig I can ever remember in Vicar St. My ears were actually ringing afterwards. It was really enjoyable, his 80s reggae stuff which sounded so twee on the Greatest Hits CD sounded great live, and they brought the two hour show to a great climax. So it was a great night and good to see someone trying to re-create the Soul Band vibe from the 60s/70s. Really enjoyed it… highlight was “Down and Out in NY City”. (And as the man says, always go the show, you never know what might happen :))

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

tonight - Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit/The Mountain Goats
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

dime in the gutter wrote:
Clams wrote:Drove up to Brooklyn with the Mrs yesterday to see the Regrettes at Rough Trade. Randi and I have fallen hard for the Regrettes the past few months. Yes they are teenagers but they've got some pretty important shit to say and they definitely know their way around a rock song. They've gotten a lot of buzz lately and were recently signed by Warner Bros and I believe they are on the righteous path. As far as the show went, they were great! As much as I like seeing DBT, the bottle rockets, McMurtry and the like, there is something extra cool about seeing a group of teenagers with guitars rocking their hearts out. They closed with Sweet's Ballroom Blitz. The kids are alright.

excellent post. thanks. i'm interested.
Neato. On the list.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Primed to be a great July

7/3, The Ike Reilly Assassination w/Michael McDermott
7/6 Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers w/Chris Stapelton
7/20- DBT (Contingent on a weekday babysitter )
7/28- 7/30 - Phish -The Baker's Dozen at Madison Square Garden

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

tonight - U2

This is my first time seeing them...looking forward to it.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

The Jacksons - tomorrow
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

Isbell tonight
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Sturgill Simpson next weekend.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

July 21 - Steve Earle & Lucero
August 7 - Gillian Welch
September 12-17 - Americanafest
September 26 - Father John Misty
October 15- Jason Isbell

Seen most of them at least once already, but I’m super stoked for Welch and FJM.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:July 21 - Steve Earle & Lucero
August 7 - Gillian Welch
October 15- Jason Isbell

Seen most of them at least once already, but I’m super stoked for Welch and FJM.
In what part of Tennessee are you located, Sterling ?

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

jr29 wrote:
August 7 - Gillian Welch
October 15- Jason Isbell

Middle. Not Nashville, but just outside of it.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
jr29 wrote:
August 7 - Gillian Welch
October 15- Jason Isbell

Middle. Not Nashville, but just outside of it.
Ah ok. I lived in Nashville (Donelson area) from 2012-2014.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Lionel Richie Thursday. Beautiful night, great seats - we had a blast.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Bill in CT wrote:tonight - U2

This is my first time seeing them...looking forward to it.
Really? That surprises me a lot. How was it?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Bon Scott's AC/DC wrote:Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul, Vicar Street, Dublin, June 22nd, 2017.

I went to see Little Steven and the Disciples of Soul yesterday evening in Vicar St. I remember Little Steven’s music from an MTV video type show in the 80s, but never got around to buying or hearing him much apart from that. (I also really like his Underground Garage internet show.) I really liked the song Sun City from back then, but the other stuff must not have made much impression on me as I couldn't remember it!! But this is Bruce’s sometime left hand man, Bruce’s somewhile co-producer, the man who got all those artists together in the 80s for a great cause– Sun City, (and Silvio from The Sopranos!). I saw complementary tickets for sale on DoneDeal.ie for E15, so I said why not (the seller was the friend of an eastern european cleaner in a radio station who gave the cleaner 10 free comp tickets). I listened to his new album, and its good, a mix of originals and covers – he covers James Brown’s Down and out in NY City for example and listened to his setlist on Spotify, and then his Greatest Hits (shouldn’t that be called a best of… because as he admits himself, he’s barely had any hits!). The venue holds 1,400 people, and there was a good crowd, but it wasn’t sold out. I can tell you he doesn’t do things by half, he had a 15 piece band (how much does it cost to put that size of band on the road – he must be dipping into his piggy bank of saving for that size of band!! In addition to the regular 7 piece band ( with 2 keyboard players), there was a five guy brass section, and three girl backing singers. Visually it was fantastic, panoramic from left to right as there were so many of them upon there the stage! The three girl singers were great too, really lively and going wild to the music (one girl must be 5’11” and had a 6” afro, and whenever ‘little’ Steven came near her she towered over him – did I mention that she was also beautiful and really hot!). It was also, surprisingly enough, the best sound quality and the LOUDEST gig I can ever remember in Vicar St. My ears were actually ringing afterwards. It was really enjoyable, his 80s reggae stuff which sounded so twee on the Greatest Hits CD sounded great live, and they brought the two hour show to a great climax. So it was a great night and good to see someone trying to re-create the Soul Band vibe from the 60s/70s. Really enjoyed it… highlight was “Down and Out in NY City”. (And as the man says, always go the show, you never know what might happen :))
Thanks for posting this. Would love to see this show.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

hanklow

Post by hanklow »

Drivin N Cryin Friday night

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

North Mississippi Allstars
Aaron Lee Tasjan
Dead Man Winter
+ a couple of more, tomorrow.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

The Melvin's Saturday
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

St Paul and the Broken Bones w/ Lee Fields and the Expressions
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Sturgill tonight
Always go to the show

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Saw Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires last night at the White Water. Maybe my favorite time seeing them. A really good show.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Saw Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires last night at the White Water. Maybe my favorite time seeing them. A really good show.
Did they do many song from the new album?
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa