Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

Re: Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Post by Beaverdam »

…and Bryan has Springsteen tickets. He asked me to go, and I would have liked to have gone (never seen Springsteen); however, I have limited vacation time and would still like to still come to Athens and see y’all….and that band that plays when were there!!!

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Drive-By Truckers with Wednesday this Sunday at Greenfield Lake Ampitheatre in Wilmington, NC. This will be my third show since January of 2020. Technically, the fourth. I attended a show back in May by Into the Fog but it was rained out about 30 minutes into their set. This also stands to be the third DBT's show where the opener performs one of their songs. The first was a band called Jesco White's Army doing "Demonic Possession" at Firebelly Lounge (also in Wilmington) in 2001. The second was in May at Cat's Cradle in Carrboro where on the last night of that leg of the tour, she covered "Wife Beater." Wednesday (from Asheville) covers "Women Without Whiskey" on their debut (and so far, only) album. So, I'm guessing the chances are pretty good that they'll perform it on Sunday.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I'm excited for Red Hot Chili Peppers on Wednesday. I know they're not every one's cup of tea but for me when John Frusciante is in the band they're something special. I tend to avoid the big stadium shows but I got pretty good seats @ sort of realistic money. I'm interested to see Thundercat as the the first opener. There's a whole lot of bass power on that show between him & Flea. Not excited about seeing the Strokes as the second opener. I've never been wild about them & I know too much about how they got started back in the day when I was in the business. Lot of sordid things were going on there. Oh well, I can have a nap while they're on. I would've been much happier with Haim in that slot. Those ladies rock!

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

Pit tickets for Fleet Foxes Friday in Detroit. 8-)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Drive By Truckers in Deerfield, MA 8/4
They're not monsters. They're not animals.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever tmrw.

bubba i was gonna try to get to that DBT show but that's a drive during a work week that i can't swing.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:14 pm
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever tmrw.

bubba i was gonna try to get to that DBT show but that's a drive during a work week that i can't swing.
Good thing you don't live in Texas with your concert habit/job! ;)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

OK, but I now disavow any responsibility to recognize you should I ever have the good fortune to see you again.

I hear you on the shlep but the Friday of the Pan Mass bike ride wkend (this Friday) has been an unofficial holiday in our family for many years, so I decided to stay over near Deerfield and make a leisurely return in the morning. So the band now has my permission to play all night!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

8/3 Elder/Ruby the Hatchet/Dreadnought - Brooklyn, NY
8/4 DBT/Wednesday - Deerfield, MA
8/8 DBT/Wednesday - Patchogue, NY
8/10 DBT/Wednesday - Isle of Palms, SC
8/11 DBT/Wednesday - Isle of Palms, SC
8/12 DBT/Wednesday - Charlotte, NC
Last edited by Bill in CT on Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

Goatwhore, huh?

I’m sure that the internet would explain, but some things are better left to the mind’s imagination!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Beaverdam wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:42 pm
Goatwhore, huh?

I’m sure that the internet would explain, but some things are better left to the mind’s imagination!
:lol:

They are metal stalwarts based in New Orleans. The lead singer was previously in the mighty Acid Bath.

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Goatwhore/2381

tinnitus photography

beantownbubba wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:30 pm
OK, but I now disavow any responsibility to recognize you should I ever have the good fortune to see you again.
seeing as though i've gone 13 months without a haircut, you may not recognize me under most circumstances.

tinnitus photography

Bill in CT wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:43 am
Beaverdam wrote:
Goatwhore, huh?

They are metal stalwarts based in New Orleans. The lead singer was previously in the mighty Acid Bath.

not the singer, but the guitarist, Sammy.

they totally kicked ass at Psycho last year.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Bill in CT wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:
Goatwhore, huh?

I thought it was Roy Moore's band.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:18 am
Bill in CT wrote:
Beaverdam wrote:
Goatwhore, huh?

not the singer, but the guitarist, Sammy.

they totally kicked ass at Psycho last year.
Sammy also does some vocals but you’re right that he’s primarily the lead guitarist.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Red Hot Chili Peppers were awesome Wednesday. Great sound which is tricky in the baseball stadium. Flea & Frusciante have an almost mystical thing. It's pretty special when those 2 guys lock in the groove. We got the first "Parallel Universe" of the tour which is 1 of my faves. & a killer "Me & My Friends". They've been changing about half the set every night so you don't really know what you're going to get. I like that. You don't get that much on the big stadium tours. They definitely weren't going for a greatest hits set. They didn't do "Otherside", "Scar Tissue" or "Under the Bridge". They've got a pretty extensive catalog to draw on. They did 5 songs from the latest record & they sounded good. Thundercat opened & was pretty good. I'd go see him in a (jazz) club. The Strokes were the middle band. I don't really care for that band but Eddie Vedder came out to sing one song with them. Kind of a weird vibe with that band. It appears half the band are on drugs (especially the singer) & the other half are trying to keep it together. I really didn't pay much attention to them. RHCP were definitely worth the effort though. If you can go I'd highly recommend seeing them this tour.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Unfortunately not going to see My Morning Jacket tonight. Love those guys but by the time you pay service charge & parking it's over $100 to go to a pain in the ass venue. I saw a fantastic show in October so I'm going to leave it at that. The entertainment budget is going to baseball tickets at this point. Saw a great game yesterday. My Mariners vanquished the evil Yankees. Sweet!

tinnitus photography

last show i saw was Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, which was excellent.

https://digboston.com/fotobom-rolling-b ... -sinclair/

(actually i saw Horsegirl after that but didn't review it)

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Saw Robert Earl Keen one last time last night at Gruene Hall. Show was okay, much more mellow than I expected and REK sat the whole show, I guess the years have taken their toll. But, I'm glad I went. I remembered during the show the exact moment i was introduced to REK, right about 30 years ago. A good run....He's got a handful of shows remaining before the party ends.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

8/16 My Morning Jacket - Santa Barbara, CA
8/17 My Morning Jacket - Los Angeles, CA

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

8/18 Psycho Swim (Elder, Eyehategod, Midnight) - Las Vegas, NV
8/19 Psycho Las Vegas (Mgla, Wolves In the Throne Room, Carcass, Emperor, Nothing, Carpenter Brut) - Las Vegas, NV
8/20 Psycho Las Vegas (Blood Incantation, Blackwater Holylight, The Black Angels, Suicidal Tendencies, Tribulation) - Las Vegas, NV

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

September 6 Placebo - front row!

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

8/24 - Austin City Limits Taping - Lyle Lovett
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

tinnitus photography

Bill in CT wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:25 pm
8/19 Psycho Las Vegas (Mgla, Wolves In the Throne Room, Carcass, Emperor, Nothing, Carpenter Brut) - Las Vegas, NV
8/20 Psycho Las Vegas (Blood Incantation, Blackwater Holylight, The Black Angels, Suicidal Tendencies, Tribulation) - Las Vegas, NV
hey Bill, i saw you around a few times but really didn't get a chance to talk. how'd you like Psycho?

for my part, i walked over 100K steps for the 4 days... i was busy!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Last night, I saw Lee Bains III with Loamlands supporting. I say supporting because they were both the four-piece opening act and the three-and-a-half piece (the singer didn't play guitar, but he did play percussion on about half the songs) backing band. I like the new material quite a bit, and the sound has softened slightly to fit it. I kind of wish I hadn't been up front, because it's hard to hear as clearly sometimes, but it's just not the same further back. It was a Wednesday crowd, so not packed but seats full. It was really good. I'm looking forward to hearing the Loamlands EP I bought.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

September 13 Roger Waters finally. I've had the tickets almost 3 years!
October 1 Crowded House (yay!)
October 6 Afghan Whigs

Clams

Post by Clams »

Saw Chris Knight last night. Played pretty much every song you'd want to hear. The guy who accompanied him on guitar and harmonica (didn't get his name) was good too - he really added layers and depth to the music. I will say that as het gets older, Chris' mountain drawl is getting so pronounced that it was almost impossible to understand him when he spoke bewteen songs. I've noticed similar with Bob Dylan and Lucinda as they've aged as well. Excellent show.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

8/21 Psycho Las Vegas (Samael, Witch Mountain, Katatonia, Paradise Lost, High On Fire, Mercyful Fate, Monolord) - Las Vegas, NV
8/23 My Morning Jacket/Joy Oladokun - Dillon, CO
8/24 My Morning Jacket/Joy Oladokun - Dillon, CO

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:22 am
Bill in CT wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:25 pm
hey Bill, i saw you around a few times but really didn't get a chance to talk. how'd you like Psycho?

for my part, i walked over 100K steps for the 4 days... i was busy!
I had a great time for the most part. I miss the seats at the big stage at Mandalay Bay though. It was nice to watch some music and get a break from standing at the same time.
The Famous Foods food court was good for a relatively quick bite to eat.
I have never stayed onsite for Psycho Las Vegas. I think I need to change that next year. Most of my Uber drivers were great but on Saturday night I waited over an hour for my car to arrive at RW while I watched tons of other people get picked up. His excuse he offered me was “traffic.” That doesn’t cut it. I gave him a 1-star review because zero is not an option on the Uber app.
I was bummed that the Elder set on Thursday was cut so short by rain. I couldn’t hang long enough to catch either of their late night sets. Speaking of which…why were some of the best bands scheduled so late? I also missed Rotting Christ who I have still never seen. Thinking about seeing Elder in Brattleboro, VT on 9/9. I saw the tour opener on 8/3 in Brooklyn and am jonesing for another show. I can’t make the tour closer in Boston because I will see Holy Fawn in Brooklyn that night.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Crowded House have postponed their North American tour. Bummer!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/crowded- ... ry-3298242