Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

pearlbeer

Re: Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Post by pearlbeer »

chuckrh wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:12 am
Crowded House have postponed their North American tour. Bummer!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/crowded- ... ry-3298242
Hey now. Hey now! The tour's not over.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pearlbeer wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:06 am
chuckrh wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:12 am
Crowded House have postponed their North American tour. Bummer!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/crowded- ... ry-3298242
Hey now. Hey now! The tour's not over.
I've been a Neil Finn fan for over 40 years ever since True Colours came out during my early days in the music biz. I've had the privilege of hanging out with Neil a few times. Super nice guy & very real. I even paid Fleetwood Mac $ to go see him & Mike Campbell (another long time favorite) with them. I'm pretty excited to see the new line-up with Neil's sons in the band. I've got a video of their Glastonbury performance & it's excellent. Oh well, hopefully the wait won't be long. If they play in November it might be sensory overload with the Flaming Lips playing here that month. I'm hanging on to my tickets. We shall see.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Bill in CT wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:54 pm
tinnitus photography wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:22 am
Bill in CT wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:25 pm
8/18 Psycho Swim (Elder, Eyehategod, Midnight) - Las Vegas, NV
8/19 Psycho Las Vegas (Mgla, Wolves In the Throne Room, Carcass, Emperor, Nothing, Carpenter Brut) - Las Vegas, NV
8/20 Psycho Las Vegas (Blood Incantation, Blackwater Holylight, The Black Angels, Suicidal Tendencies, Tribulation) - Las Vegas, NV
hey Bill, i saw you around a few times but really didn't get a chance to talk. how'd you like Psycho?

for my part, i walked over 100K steps for the 4 days... i was busy!
I had a great time for the most part. I miss the seats at the big stage at Mandalay Bay though. It was nice to watch some music and get a break from standing at the same time.
The Famous Foods food court was good for a relatively quick bite to eat.
I have never stayed onsite for Psycho Las Vegas. I think I need to change that next year. Most of my Uber drivers were great but on Saturday night I waited over an hour for my car to arrive at RW while I watched tons of other people get picked up. His excuse he offered me was “traffic.” That doesn’t cut it. I gave him a 1-star review because zero is not an option on the Uber app.
I was bummed that the Elder set on Thursday was cut so short by rain. I couldn’t hang long enough to catch either of their late night sets. Speaking of which…why were some of the best bands scheduled so late? I also missed Rotting Christ who I have still never seen. Thinking about seeing Elder in Brattleboro, VT on 9/9. I saw the tour opener on 8/3 in Brooklyn and am jonesing for another show. I can’t make the tour closer in Boston because I will see Holy Fawn in Brooklyn that night.
yeah the lack of seats aside from some in the VIP areas was tough. i sat on the floor a few times over the weekend. I guess Vegas wants you standing, unless you are eating or gambling. bummer about your Uber; it's way better to stay on site. i was kinda pissed that they dumped the photo team over next door at Circus Circus, what a shithole. For the last night i stayed on site as Elder were heading to Boise and Nick gave me his room, which was way better.

as far the late night shows, i think Psycho has always had them aside from the main event center. i recall that Oresund Space Collective played from 4-7AM at the Hard Rock! (i was not in attendance). Elder did have a prime slot but as you said, rain killed it hence the last minute late-night show on Thursday. They really should have had At The Gates at the Event Center and either Black Angels or Warpaint at the pool; those sets were very unattended.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:53 am
Bill in CT wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:54 pm
Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:22 am

hey Bill, i saw you around a few times but really didn't get a chance to talk. how'd you like Psycho?

for my part, i walked over 100K steps for the 4 days... i was busy!
I had a great time for the most part. I miss the seats at the big stage at Mandalay Bay though. It was nice to watch some music and get a break from standing at the same time.
The Famous Foods food court was good for a relatively quick bite to eat.
I have never stayed onsite for Psycho Las Vegas. I think I need to change that next year. Most of my Uber drivers were great but on Saturday night I waited over an hour for my car to arrive at RW while I watched tons of other people get picked up. His excuse he offered me was “traffic.” That doesn’t cut it. I gave him a 1-star review because zero is not an option on the Uber app.
I was bummed that the Elder set on Thursday was cut so short by rain. I couldn’t hang long enough to catch either of their late night sets. Speaking of which…why were some of the best bands scheduled so late? I also missed Rotting Christ who I have still never seen. Thinking about seeing Elder in Brattleboro, VT on 9/9. I saw the tour opener on 8/3 in Brooklyn and am jonesing for another show. I can’t make the tour closer in Boston because I will see Holy Fawn in Brooklyn that night.
yeah the lack of seats aside from some in the VIP areas was tough. i sat on the floor a few times over the weekend. I guess Vegas wants you standing, unless you are eating or gambling. bummer about your Uber; it's way better to stay on site. i was kinda pissed that they dumped the photo team over next door at Circus Circus, what a shithole. For the last night i stayed on site as Elder were heading to Boise and Nick gave me his room, which was way better.

as far the late night shows, i think Psycho has always had them aside from the main event center. i recall that Oresund Space Collective played from 4-7AM at the Hard Rock! (i was not in attendance). Elder did have a prime slot but as you said, rain killed it hence the last minute late-night show on Thursday. They really should have had At The Gates at the Event Center and either Black Angels or Warpaint at the pool; those sets were very unattended.
Love Black Angels. Them & Warpaint do seem a bit out of place with the rest of the line-up. Have you checked out the line-up for Desert Daze? That festival looks pretty good. Iggy, King Gizzard & Tame Impala (doing all of Lonerism) are the headliners. If I were able, I'd be tempted by that one.

https://desertdaze.org/?utm_medium=bols ... K4QAvD_BwE

This one looks pretty mighty, too!

https://louderthanlifefestival.com/

tinnitus photography

Tbh Psycho has had some curveballs for the last few years, and it works out well to break up the super loud/aggro bands once in a while. for instance:

Flaming Lips
Thievery Corporation
GZA
Frankie and the Witch Fingers
King Dude
Bone Thugs/Harmony
Bridge City Sinners
The Faint
Tinariwen
Mulatu Astatke
Dengue Fever
Magma
Marissa Nadler
Brian Jonestown Massacre

others i am missing as well

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:40 pm
Tbh Psycho has had some curveballs for the last few years, and it works out well to break up the super loud/aggro bands once in a while. for instance:

Flaming Lips
Thievery Corporation
GZA
Frankie and the Witch Fingers
King Dude
Bone Thugs/Harmony
Bridge City Sinners
The Faint
Tinariwen
Mulatu Astatke
Dengue Fever
Magma
Marissa Nadler
Brian Jonestown Massacre

others i am missing as well
Did you see Mercyful Fate? If so, how were they? FYI there are a bunch of tapes from Psycho up on guitars101.

tinnitus photography

i shot the first three and then we got booted (the photog team lead was allowed to shoot the whole set).

can't say i am a big KD or MF fan but there is no denying that Kim puts on a great, entertaining show. that being said, i left to shoot other things.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I was going to see Placebo next week but had got less enthusiastic about it after I heard a tape from earlier in the tour. They're not doing a lot of the songs I like anymore. Tried to sell the tickets, no takers. Then I got an email today saying the tour was postponed. I'm taking the refund & parlaying that into a ticket for Nine Inch Nails in Portland on Wednesday. Way more into that. Got a nice hotel with pool & hot tub for way reasonable money 3 miles from the venue. The only bad thing is the drive (2.5 hours each way) is going to hurt me bad. I'll deal with that as it looks like things are going to be worse in that department soon. Except for a hospital stay this will be the first time out of the house since before COVID. About time! NIN are 1 of my all time faves so I'm pretty excited.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

9/8 Dinosaur Jr/Ryley Walker - Hartford, CT
9/9 King Buffalo/Handsome Jack - Hamden, CT
9/10 Holy Fawn - Brooklyn, NY
9/11 Pearl Jam - New York, NY
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Country Westerns last night. So good. Maybe 30 people there--so sad
Always go to the show

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I'm in Bend OR recovering from my second NIN show in 3 days. They were so good in Portland I decided to keep going. So glad I did as the show here was even better than Portland. The venue was the best summer venue I've been to. Super nice & well organized. Trent Reznor & band were totally on top of their game. I've got a long ass drive home today but may stop if I need to. More later....

tinnitus photography

Heilung (not sure what is up w/ this crazy formatting):

https://digboston.com/fotobom-heilung-the-palladium/

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

In the next few weeks:

MMJ
GBV
Pavement
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

MMJ in a few hours
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Zip City wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:55 pm
MMJ in a few hours
2h 30m of face-melting fun

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/my-morni ... 0316e.html
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Next Week:

Steve Miller (Live Recording)
John Hiatt

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Roger Waters Saturday. Took a peak at what tickets were available (got mine 3 years ago) & there are a real lot. I think a lot of people took the refund & then never bought them again. There are hundreds to be had for $30 each. I've got pretty good seats that I didn't pay a real lot for. Now I just need to get my back in shape to go. Still destroyed from my NIN road trip. It was worth it though. 2 NIN shows & a Roger Waters in the same month is pretty good in my book.

tinnitus photography

enjoy RW! i thought the show was great, hope your back rallies.

next week Nick Mason is playing... the set lists i've seen look phenomenal!

too bad my girlfriend wants to see The National on the same night...

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:25 am
enjoy RW! i thought the show was great, hope your back rallies.

next week Nick Mason is playing... the set lists i've seen look phenomenal!

too bad my girlfriend wants to see The National on the same night...
You''re right, Nick's setlist looks cool. Of course, Echoes would be the huge addition to the last tour. He's real expensive here so regrettably I have to pass. My NIN adventure pretty much wiped out the concert budget for awhile. Fixed income blues. It was worth it though. NIN are pretty much my favorite band & I got 2 very different shows. As you probably know, the tour wasn't huge. If it would've been festival shows, I wouldn't have been able to do it. They blow me away every time I see them. The touring band are all stellar musicians. The drum break on Perfect Drug is something to behold live. I'm sorry about the National, haha. Not a favorite. I tried but something about them just doesn't connect with me. Could be that giant GD taint. No shade on anyone about them, it's my mental issues haha. Enjoy Roxy Music tonight. I've only seen them once on the HIgh Road tour. That was an amazing show. Sadly, they're not playing anywhere close to me.

tinnitus photography

overall i am glad i went to see Roxy Music, but for my tastes, the material was FAR too heavy on Avalon and Flesh + Blood.

that said, the band sounded good, really good. Ferry doesn't have much sustain but sounded fine to me, i know some people were unhappy with his 77 year old vocals.

good news, my girlfriend is fine w/ me going to see Mason and her seeing The National. we're gonna see GBV together the next couple of nights so it's all good. also we are supposed to see Julia Jacklin tonight but she had to cancel last night's show in Philly so unclear if tonight is a go or not.

if not, Dream Syndicate is plan B.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

pearlbeer wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:10 am
Next Week:

Steve Miller (Live Recording)
John Hiatt
I need to be honest here and edit my Live Shows...

So, Steve Miller had a show on Monday and Tuesday here in Austin at the Moody Theater (where ACL is filmed). He booked the ACL team to film a Live recording. A few buddies and I went to see the show on Monday, as I already had John Hiatt tickets for Tuesday. It was a great show, of course all the hits, but at 78, Mr. Miller looks, sounds and plays great. Really fun show.

I rallied yesterday for John Hiatt after a frustrating day at work. Then my buddy I was going with got stuck on a plane, so I found myself solo. I rode my bike down to the Paramount, and noticed no line as I was locking up, which is odd. The theater was dark. Thats when I noticed that John Hiatt plays on WEDNESDAY, not Tuesday. Frustrated and thirsty and alone, I unlocked my bike to figure out what to do.

There really was only one thing to do. I thought, "I've got to get down....to Swingtown"

So I rode my bike 4 blocks to the Moody Theater, where Steve went on in about 8mins, make a quick deal with someone selling a single and found myself at night two of Steve Miller. John Hiatt is TONIGHT (I'm pretty sure)

Always go to the show.

tinnitus photography

right on!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

9/13 Richie Kotzen - Norwalk, CT
9/16 Pearl Jam/Pluralone - Nashville, TN
9/17 Bourbon & Beyond Festival (Drive-By Truckers, Molly Tuttle & Golden Highway, St. Vincent, Greta Van Fleet, Pearl Jam) - Louisville, KY
9/18 Pearl Jam/Pluralone - St. Louis, MO

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

9/20 Pearl Jam/Pluralone - Oklahoma City, OK
9/22 Pearl Jam/Pluralone - Denver, CO
9/28 Pet Shop Boys & New Order - New York, NY

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Caught Flaming Lips this weekend at Willie's Ranch in Luck, TX. Wow, what a show. Great weather and vibes.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pearlbeer wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:22 pm
Caught Flaming Lips this weekend at Willie's Ranch in Luck, TX. Wow, what a show. Great weather and vibes.
I've got a make-up show from the Lips in November. I was really happy that Particle Kid is still opening the show. Think that record is my favorite from this year. Did Micah open the show you saw?

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

chuckrh wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:47 pm
pearlbeer wrote:
I've got a make-up show from the Lips in November. I was really happy that Particle Kid is still opening the show. Think that record is my favorite from this year. Did Micah open the show you saw?
Of course! He said "this is where I grew up as a kid and I always dreamed of the Lips playing here!"

He put on a great opening set...he always surprises.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pearlbeer wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:13 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:47 pm
pearlbeer wrote:
Of course! He said "this is where I grew up as a kid and I always dreamed of the Lips playing here!"

He put on a great opening set...he always surprises.
I was impressed by him initially when he backed up Neil Young with Promise of the Real. I like Lukah Nelson, too but Micah more. To me it seems Lukas wants to be a rock star whereas Micah is more into the art of it. The last Particle Kid record is amazing. There's probably a bit too much of it but what do you take out? I love that he has Willie rocking out on a few songs. It sounds like Willie is having a great time (cough cough haha). I'm a huge Flaming Lips fan from way back & Steven Drodz is 1 of my favorite musicians, He's genius level. So glad we didn't lose him to the evil powders.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Hoodoo Gurus are going to try a US tour again, just got an email. They've cancelled the tour twice due to COVID. Playing Seattle May 20.