Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

OkieinTexas wrote:Purchased U2 tickets today. Can't wait to hear The Joshua Tree in its entirety. I read on theringer.com that U2 never performed Red Hill Mining Town prior to this tour. Probably a fact that only interests me.
I'm a fan of the song, the band and the album. Not sure that I will see this tour but I would like to. I had an opportunity to see them play an outdoor show at Kenan Stadium at UNC Chapel Hill back in '83 but blew it. I finally saw them on the 360° tour in 2009 which was good but obviously not the same as seeing them in their prime in '83.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

tonight - Marco Benevento
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
OkieinTexas wrote:Purchased U2 tickets today. Can't wait to hear The Joshua Tree in its entirety. I read on theringer.com that U2 never performed Red Hill Mining Town prior to this tour. Probably a fact that only interests me.
I'm a fan of the song, the band and the album. Not sure that I will see this tour but I would like to. I had an opportunity to see them play an outdoor show at Kenan Stadium at UNC Chapel Hill back in '83 but blew it. I finally saw them on the 360° tour in 2009 which was good but obviously not the same as seeing them in their prime in '83.
Seeing this in Santa Clara, third show of tour. Huge fan of the Joshua Tree, very excited for this, though the opposite of excited that Mumford and Sons is opening. Since I have reserved seats, I can just skip them. Seen them before at Bridge, that was more than enough
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Kudzu Guillotine

I love Mumford and Sons, at least the earlier stuff. When they played here a few years ago, a couple of our harshest local critics attended the show expecting to hate them. They didn't.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I love Mumford and Sons, at least the earlier stuff. When they played here a few years ago, a couple of our harshest local critics attended the show expecting to hate them. They didn't.
Good to know

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Great American Taxi tonight
Cody Jinks Saturday
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

whatwouldcooleydo?

David Lindley Saturday

whatwouldcooleydo?

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
Was that the Kenan show that was Todd Rundgren, U2, Donnie Iris, and Grandmaster Flash?

Clams

Post by Clams »

Why did the harshest critics go to see them if they thought it would be terrible?
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Kudzu Guillotine

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
Was that the Kenan show that was Todd Rundgren, U2, Donnie Iris, and Grandmaster Flash?
I don't know that Donnie Iris was on the bill but the Producers were.

Kudzu Guillotine

Clams wrote:Why did the harshest critics go to see them if they thought it would be terrible?
To review the concert.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote: I'm a fan of the song, the band and the album. Not sure that I will see this tour but I would like to. I had an opportunity to see them play an outdoor show at Kenan Stadium at UNC Chapel Hill back in '83 but blew it. I finally saw them on the 360° tour in 2009 which was good but obviously not the same as seeing them in their prime in '83.
I don't know that Donnie Iris was on the bill but the Producers were.
I believe we are both correct. I was **this** close to going but was a junior in high school and parents wouldn't let me go for some reason. Unusual because they never said no. Guess it was the rare bit of parenting I received back then :D

Kudzu Guillotine

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I believe we are both correct. I was **this** close to going but was a junior in high school and parents wouldn't let me go for some reason. Unusual because they never said no. Guess it was the rare bit of parenting I received back then :D
Donnie Iris wasn't on the bill. The link in my previous post is to DD Thornton's Deaconlight website. She was there and also conducted interviews with members of the band for her radio show at the time. Lots of cool stuff on her website like that.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
Clams wrote:Why did the harshest critics go to see them if they thought it would be terrible?
To review the concert.
Obviously. C'mon, Clams.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

James McMurtry on Sunday. First European tour in a long time.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Got my Flaming Lips tickets yesterday. Woo hoo!!!!!

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

Voodoo Dead feat. Steve Kimock, Jackie Greene, Oteil Burbridge, Jeff Chimenti, & Wally Ingram with special guest Papa Mali on Thursday
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Enjoy! I am going to the Soldier Field show on 6/3. I can't wait to here the Joshua Tree as well. Side B on the album has so many gems that get overshadowed by the sheer power of Side A. I can't wait to see them.
I know their catalog well, but caught them on the 360 Tour having them not have been a top 20 studio band for me. It's difficult to name the best show you have ever seen. I have seen between 300-400 in my lifetime. If one were to ask what the best show U2 at Soldier Field on the 360 Tour shoots to the top of the list every fucking time. It's a hefty price, but I'll pay it every time now. Bono is cheesy as shit, but the U2 stage is definitely his church. The sound, the stage, the video boards, the special effects, etc. My ears teared up a time or two. I walked out of the show amazed at what I had just witnessed. A live show thoroughly made me want to be a better person. It was incredible. If '83, '87, or '97 were better tours, I really missed out due to being too young.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Eaux Claires Festival #3 Lineup is hitting people's mailboxes today. I got a sneak peak and it looks very, very nice. Should probably be subtitled Eaux Claires Schmeaux Claires this year. :shock:
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

working on this
Beebs is not a ragey man

Zip Up to Michigan

Post by Zip Up to Michigan »

allisonsdc wrote:Voodoo Dead feat. Steve Kimock, Jackie Greene, Oteil Burbridge, Jeff Chimenti, & Wally Ingram with special guest Papa Mali on Thursday
Jackie Greene was one of my favorite concerts of 2015. He's amazing.

njMark

Post by njMark »

Allison Crutchfields record release show with Radiator Hospital and others this Friday, should be a blast

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Turnpike Troubadours tonight

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

I'm going to get tickets for Tom Petty on Monday. He's playing Safeco Field in Seattle 8/19 with the Lumineers opening. That's a pretty good double bill. I haven't seen Tom in a long time & he has always been a fave since the 1st record came out when I was in high school. Word is this is the last big tour. He does have a hell of a band!

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Duke Silver wrote:Eaux Claires Festival #3 Lineup is hitting people's mailboxes today. I got a sneak peak and it looks very, very nice. Should probably be subtitled Eaux Claires Schmeaux Claires this year. :shock:
BOOM

Eaux Claires 2017 Lineup

The Autumn Defense
Big Red Machine
Bon Iver Presents John Prine And The American Songbook
Chance The Rapper
Collections Of Colonies Of Bees
Cup
Danny Brown
Feist
Francis And The Lights
Happy Apple
Julieta Venegas
Mountain Man
Mouse On Mars
Music For The Long Emergency
Paul Simon with yMusic
Perfume Genius
Quindar
S. Carey & Glenn Kotche
Spank Rock
S-T-A-R-G-A-Z-E
Sylvan Esso
This Is The Kit
Tweedy
Velvet Negroni
Wilco
Zebulon Pike
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Ty Webb

Post by Ty Webb »

On the calendar with tickets purchased as of right now:

3/4 - Old 97's
4/15 - Todd Snider
5/31 - Dave Matthew & Tim Reynolds
6/10 - The Avett Brothers
6/13 - Dead & Company
I'm sleeping under strange, strange skies.

whatwouldcooleydo?

dogstar wrote:James McMurtry on Sunday. First European tour in a long time.
One of my good friends in London (alas, the Brum City supporter) just sent me photos from him seeing McMurtry at the Garage in London on Wednesday (I think).

Apparently there was also free Lagunitas beer at the show

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Got a nice surprise email today from the Seattle Mariners for a M's fan presale on Tom Petty. Got the exact seats I wanted (club level, good angle, not too far away). Club level has comfy chairs, drinks, easy access to air conditioning & better food. Works for me! & the seats weren't the most expensive. All in all, Petty ticket prices weren't bad for this show. Now for the 6 month wait....

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

dogstar wrote:James McMurtry on Sunday. First European tour in a long time.
One of my good friends in London (alas, the Brum City supporter) just sent me photos from him seeing McMurtry at the Garage in London on Wednesday (I think).

Apparently there was also free Lagunitas beer at the show
The support band we're Alice Drinks the Kool Aid which is the founder of Lagunitas band. He picked up the bar tab in Nottingham for anyone that mentioned his name. Sadly I was driving

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Brothers Comatose tonight.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.