Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

dogstar

Re: Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Post by dogstar »

harleywood wrote:Rich Robinson x 2
The Delines
Paddy Keenan & The New Rope String Band
Steve Earle x 2
Ryan Bingham
The Waterboys x 2
Stiff Little Fingers
Samantha Crain
The Legendary Shack Shakers
Clutch
Kurt Vile
Therapy
Jose Gonzalez

Thats what left for the rest of a great musical year!
You're not going to see Sufjan Stevens ?
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Blue Oyster Cult - this morning. Rocked!

harleywood

Post by harleywood »

dogstar wrote:
harleywood wrote:Rich Robinson x 2
The Delines
Paddy Keenan & The New Rope String Band
Steve Earle x 2
Ryan Bingham
The Waterboys x 2
Stiff Little Fingers
Samantha Crain
The Legendary Shack Shakers
Clutch
Kurt Vile
Therapy
Jose Gonzalez

Thats what left for the rest of a great musical year!
You're not going to see Sufjan Stevens ?
My buddy is going. Sold out two gigs immediately. Im not a fan of the new album at all despite the good reviews. Ive tried but nothing grabs me. Had tickets for Gojira (French metal band, heavy stuff) tomorrow night but cant go as have a stag do. Sucks big time!

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Dave Matthews Band tonight
Trampled by Turtles tomorrow night

If you could not already tell, the old lady was allowed to plan the itinerary for the weekend.
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Tonight-

Will Johnson with Joey Kneiser/Kelly Smith

Tomorrow-

Todd Rundgren
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

TW_2.0 wrote:Dave Matthews Band tonight

If you could not already tell, the old lady was allowed to plan the itinerary for the weekend.
Right there with you on the Dave Matthews Band. Can't stand them.
What do you have against Trampled By Turtles? I saw them with 3 fellow DBT fans in 2011 and really enjoyed them.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Bill in CT wrote:What do you have against Trampled By Turtles? I saw them with 3 fellow DBT fans in 2011 and really enjoyed them.
No strong feelings either way. That's kinda my issue with them - I just think they are sorta blah for me.

Saw them last year at Red Rocks, too. With Devil Makes Three opening. I loved DMT, but was just bored with Trampled.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

their name, by far, is the best thing going for them.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I like TBT albums, but live, they're far more energetic. I really enjoyed them when I saw them last tour
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

They were better back when they played sitting down.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

TW_2.0 wrote:
Bill in CT wrote:What do you have against Trampled By Turtles? I saw them with 3 fellow DBT fans in 2011 and really enjoyed them.
No strong feelings either way. That's kinda my issue with them - I just think they are sorta blah for me.

Saw them last year at Red Rocks, too. With Devil Makes Three opening. I loved DMT, but was just bored with Trampled.
Fair enough…to each their own. When we saw them in 2011, Johnny Corndawg opened the show. My friends thought he was just as good as TBT but I disagreed.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Incubus and the Deftones tonight at Irvine Meadows. My friend just called and has an extra ticket. I used to like to Deftones and saw them a bunch in the 90's. I kinda liked the first couple of Incubus albums and saw them a few times back then too. I really didn't like their stuff after that at all. It will be interesting but I'm always down for a free show.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Tonight-

Tomorrow-

Todd Rundgren
Getting ready to head to the Rundgren show shortly but had to say a few words about Will, Joey and Kelly and their respective performances last night. Wow. Both acts 'snew material is outstanding and these people are just plain talented as well as being some of my favorite people. This was at a friend's 40th birthday party and they gave him their very best. Nothing like great shows among friends in a living room.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

TW_2.0 wrote:Dave Matthews Band tonight

Shakey Graves and Elephant Revival opened up for TBT on Saturday. I really enjoyed Shakey Graves. TBT was not bad, but it was almost the same show as last year.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:Tonight-

Tomorrow-

Todd Rundgren
Getting ready to head to the Rundgren show shortly but had to say a few words about Will, Joey and Kelly and their respective performances last night. Wow. Both acts 'snew material is outstanding and these people are just plain talented as well as being some of my favorite people. This was at a friend's 40th birthday party and they gave him their very best. Nothing like great shows among friends in a living room.
Todd Rundgren was incredibly odd and was backed by a DJ and two female backup singers who were white and Asian respectively but inexplicably wore afro wigs, short skirts and go-go boots for the first half of the show. Rundgren himself spent most of the night guitar-less and strutted around like Mick Jagger. He played exactly zero of his hits but it was clear he had many fans who did know the songs, a great deal of those fans being quite advanced in age making Lurleen and I at 47 and 54 almost whippersnappers in comparison, and there were lots of them overfilling the 600 capacity room by a fair amount. All that being said I can't say I was disappointed. We had been forewarned about what his MO was these days and truthfully his voice was very strong, some of the songs were good and the arena style light and stage show was well designed and not something we in Jackson get to see much particularly in our quaint little former middle school auditorium venue. The two songs he did play guitar on demonstrated that he hadn't lost anything in the chops department. Todd Rundgren was weird in 1975, he's still weird in 2015. It's all good. Overall it was fun but I far preferred the previous nights show in a good friend's living room with Will Johnson and Joey Kneiser and Kelly Smith. I thought that might have made us old but after seeing the crowd at Rundgren I've rethought my position.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Todd Rundgren was weird in 1975, he's still weird in 2015. It's all good.
perfect TC :)
Beebs is not a ragey man

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

I was semi-dragged out to see Toto and Yes on Monday night. I was a huge Yes fan as a teenager and saw them once in 1983 on the 90125 tour. I honestly haven't even thought about them that much in the last 20 years. I have been attending rock shows since 1974 and have never left a show early (o.k., maybe once or twice), sadly I could only make it through about three Yessongs (see what I did there?) before I had to surrender to food poisoning. Bloody hell! Barely made it home before the cataclysm. Toto were pure professionals, still killing it with several original members, including legend Steve Lukather. By the time Yes came on, I was really struggling to stay vertical. The intro tribute to Chris Squier was quite stirring. A historical video played on the big screen as a single spotlight illuminated Chris' iconic Rickenbacker 2001 on stage. In 47 years Yes had never played a show without Chris until he took ill earlier this year. Toto lost founding member Mike Porcaro earlier this year as well. I guess it's inevitable, but it still sucks to see the rock and roll heroes of your youth letting go of this mortal coil. Yes opened with "Don't kill the whale" from 1978's "Tormato", "Tempus Fugit" from "Drama" and then Paul Simon's "America". They were on fire as I sadly had to pack up and leave. If they roll through town again next year I will do my level best to finish what was unfortunately cut far too short on Monday night.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I think far too much is made of how artists from what is now considered the "classic rock" era don't matter, or how they never mattered in the first place. For so many people, they act as though being a fan of these artists is somehow beneath them. This way of thinking tends to come mostly from the hipster contingent, the majority of whom weren't even alive then and quite frankly, don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. I know we're not all going to like the same things (what a boring world that would be) but all new music grew out of what came before in one way or another, including rock music from the 60's onward. I have a friend that unabashedly loves all kinds of those artists from Phil Collins to Boston. I may not always share in her love for them but I do admire how she just throws it out there and doesn't really give a shit what other people think. It would be refreshing to see more music fans take that approach rather than staring down their noses at you for what they consider bad taste.

tinnitus photography

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:but I do admire how she just throws it out there and doesn't really give a shit what other people think.
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:It would be refreshing to see more music fans take that approach rather than staring down their noses at you for what they consider bad taste.

maybe you should follow her lead and not give a shit as to what other people think. why does it bother you so much?

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:but I do admire how she just throws it out there and doesn't really give a shit what other people think.
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:It would be refreshing to see more music fans take that approach rather than staring down their noses at you for what they consider bad taste.
maybe you should follow her lead and not give a shit as to what other people think. why does it bother you so much?
I would but I'm too busy revisiting the Loverboy back catalog.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I would but I'm too busy revisiting the Loverboy back catalog.
I say, good man, what's next, April Wine? :lol:

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

tinnitus photography

Alannah Myles complete discography

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Neko Case tomorrow.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Chuck Prophet in a small room last night in Halifax - high energy kick ass show! Night started with a song writing circle which included Norman Blake of Teenage Fanclub lore - I don't know me any Teenage Fanclub and I am certainly not inspired to check any out - how does this guy get paid to play that shite, (tinnitus will have some appreciation for the presence of one Neil Osbourne of the shitty Canadian Band - 54-40, who, has not improved with age). Thankfully Chuck blew the roof off!!
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Hayes Carll trio tonight
MMJ tomorrow

hanklow

Post by hanklow »

King's X Thursday night

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Lee Fields tonight

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

I know I am a little late, but just saw Deep Purple and my all time absolute fav AC/DC
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

James McMurtry tonight. It's been a while.

Clams

Post by Clams »

The Black Canary wrote:I know I am a little late, but just saw Deep Purple and my all time absolute fav AC/DC
Whoa. A canary sighting!
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck