Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

jr29

Re: Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Post by jr29 »

jr29 wrote:Son Volt tonight in Louisville.

Fantastic show, one of the best I have attended in quite some time. Colonel Ford was a badass opener and Son Volt absolutely brought the goods. They played two encores with "Chickamauga" being the closer. The crowd was very engaged the entire show and there really wasn't a lull in energy the entire set. Jay appeared to be in a great mood. He talked just a bit and believe it or not I saw him smile....more than once......many times actually. If I was him I would be smiling too because he has a phenomenal band behind him.
Great band, great crowd, friendly bartenders....totally worth the 3 hour drive.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Tonite: DRAGON SMOKE

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

jr29 wrote:
jr29 wrote:Son Volt tonight in Louisville.

Fantastic show, one of the best I have attended in quite some time. Colonel Ford was a badass opener and Son Volt absolutely brought the goods. They played two encores with "Chickamauga" being the closer. The crowd was very engaged the entire show and there really wasn't a lull in energy the entire set. Jay appeared to be in a great mood. He talked just a bit and believe it or not I saw him smile....more than once......many times actually. If I was him I would be smiling too because he has a phenomenal band behind him.
Great band, great crowd, friendly bartenders....totally worth the 3 hour drive.

I saw them in Boston a couple of weeks ago. They sounded great. They did a fantastic, psychedelic, feedback-laden rendition of "Medication." My only disappointment was no "Chickamauga." Otherwise, it was an excellent evening. And you are correct - that is a great band backing him.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Fuck me running. Cool day at work. One of our members is a GM at Van Andel Arena and DeVos Center. He calls today asking if we could set a tee time up this Saturday for RUSH's crew and possibly two band members. Fingers crossed. Not sure who golfs in RUSH. I thought Geddy and Alex did. I did this in Cincinnati in 2006 for Callaway and Alice Cooper played our track. I'll never forget seeing ten folks in the pro shop and Alice Cooper meandering between them to check-in.

We got 10 tickets for RUSH this Sunday on a trade-out. Never seen RUSH. I need to brush up on their stuff. Is saying "slappin' the bass" at a RUSH show the equivalent of yelling "Freebird?"

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Jason Isbell in about 15 minutes
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Erdlivz wrote:Fuck me running. Cool day at work. One of our members is a GM at Van Andel Arena and DeVos Center. He calls today asking if we could set a tee time up this Saturday for RUSH's crew and possibly two band members. Fingers crossed. Not sure who golfs in RUSH. I thought Geddy and Alex did. I did this in Cincinnati in 2006 for Callaway and Alice Cooper played our track. I'll never forget seeing ten folks in the pro shop and Alice Cooper meandering between them to check-in.

We got 10 tickets for RUSH this Sunday on a trade-out. Never seen RUSH. I need to brush up on their stuff. Is saying "slappin' the bass" at a RUSH show the equivalent of yelling "Freebird?"

All's I've got to say is, you're in for a real treat. I missed their recent show in Raleigh but I believe the first half included a string section. Kinda of unusual for them as they rarely share the stage with other musicians.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit - Scully's (Columbus, OH)

1. Flying Over Water
2. Go It Alone
3. Stockholm
4. Outfit
5. Decoration Day
6. Cover Me Up
7. Different Days
8. Codeine
9. Live Oak
10. Travelling Alone
11. Tour of Duty
12. Never Gonna Change
13. In a Razor Town
14. Alabama Pines
15. Heart on a String
16. Goddamn Lonely Love
17. The Magician
18. Dress Blues
19. Super 8

E:

20. Elephant (solo acoustic)
21. Can You Hear Me Knockin' (Stones)
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Clams

Post by Clams »

Just bought tix for my daughter and friends to see Bridgit Mendler in concert in August. If you have a tween, then you absolutely know her as Teddy on Good Luck Charlie (pretty sure I've seen every single episode). If you don't have a tween, then you probably don't know who she is - and you are better off for it.
If you don't run you rust

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

6/27 Widespread Panic
6/28 Widespread Panic
6/29 Widespread Panic
6/30 Widespread Panic
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

DBT & Lee Bains & Glory Fires tonight in Chattanooga

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Cracker is doing a free show as part of the Oak City 7 free concert series in downtown Raleigh tonight. The Backsliders play the Pour House on Friday and Southern Culture On the Skids close down the music side of the Berkeley Cafe (one of the oldest music venues in Raleigh) on Saturday. Not sure if I'll make it to that one or not though.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Going to Panic at Red Rocks tonight. Wish me luck.
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

jr29

Post by jr29 »

lucero and John Paul Keith tonight and tomorrow night in Nashville....work permitting both nights.

jimmyc

Post by jimmyc »

All Star Tribute to Big Star's Third tomorrow night in Central Park!

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Bottle Rockets house show in Lexington, Kentucky on July,27. Ticket purchased.

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
Erdlivz wrote:Fuck me running. Cool day at work. One of our members is a GM at Van Andel Arena and DeVos Center. He calls today asking if we could set a tee time up this Saturday for RUSH's crew and possibly two band members. Fingers crossed. Not sure who golfs in RUSH. I thought Geddy and Alex did. I did this in Cincinnati in 2006 for Callaway and Alice Cooper played our track. I'll never forget seeing ten folks in the pro shop and Alice Cooper meandering between them to check-in.

All I've got to say is, you're in for a real treat. I missed their recent show in Raleigh but I believe the first half included a string section. Kinda of unusual for them as they rarely share the stage with other musicians.

I'm really glad this happened. I've somehow put off seeing RUSH for some reason.

First, the crew made it to our course after Chicago's show on Friday and played 18 holes. The Stanley Cup made the stage! They had sweet pics. These guys were beat and some fantastic folks. There were no band members. The crew said Geddy, Alex and Neil rode their BMW bikes up to the UP and ride 400-500 miles between gigs. The crew that played our course had some cool stories and were from all over the US and Canada. Great guys and solid golfers. I have no damn clue what their positions are. We had some great seats and met them before the show. 2 guys climbed the ladder to a camera rig and the rest were along the stage to support the band with lighting, soundboard and so forth. It was really fun to meet these guys. They talked to all our staff and hung out after their round o show off their tour bus.

The show was fantastic. A lot of new stuff in the middle and they went deep for the tracks you'd expect. I was really anxious to zone in on Neil Peart, Geddy and Alex through the show. Shitballs. No idea. I have no musical talents whatsoever and was pretty awestruck with their abilities. Great show. Solos on every level. Don't bore us, get to the chorus. The Clockwork Angels String Ensemble was a great addition in the 2nd set. I was pretty impressed that Geddy's vocals are still that good. I fucking loved watching the first 10 rows "air drum" the entire show. Good shit. Awesome week. They brought up a mini Stanley Cup followed by the actual Calder Cup (Griffins from BEER City USA). Good times.

Loved it.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Matthew E White last night. Really good show. Matthew is a bit week vocally but the band are fantastic especially the keyboard player, who does all sorts of cosmic noodling.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

jimmyc wrote:All Star Tribute to Big Star's Third tomorrow night in Central Park!

And then what happened?
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

claretkid

Post by claretkid »

Tonight: JJ Grey & Mofro, Sheffield
Tomorrow: Gov't Mule, London

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

well i finally got my press credentials for Newport Folk Fest, but looks like i'm shut out of the Belle & Sebastian/Yo La Tengo show...

claretkid

Post by claretkid »

Tuesday: Clutch, Nottingham UK.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

tinnitus photography wrote:well i finally got my press credentials for Newport Folk Fest, but looks like i'm shut out of the Belle & Sebastian/Yo La Tengo show...

Ouch.
All opinions and commentary in my posts are solely my own and are made in my personal capacity.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Tonite: Drivin' n' cryin'

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Jason Isbell at Track 29 in Chattanooga, tonight.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Now The Blockheads

In an hour Candi Staton

jr29

Post by jr29 »

jr29 wrote:Jason Isbell at Track 29 in Chattanooga, tonight.

Big fun in Chattanooga last night. I didn't keep up with setlist, but he played almost all the new album and played "TVA" and "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" for the encore. I was amazed by how many people were singing along to the new songs. I could be exaggerating, but it seemed like 75% of the crowd was singing along with "Cover Me Up". I know the new album has quite a buzz around it,but I was very pleasantly surprised by the reaction to the songs in a live setting.
Jason seems to be in a great place and I couldn't be happier for the guy.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Snarky puppy

Later Soul II Soul and the Chic with Nile Rogers.

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

I have a chance to see Sigur Ros within (literally) walking distance from my house....should I go? I have a good friend who swears by them, but I haven't heard enough to tell whether I'd like them. But knowing that Morgan and I like a lot of the same stuff, I'm betting I would.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Lee Bains III & the Glory Fires--7/10/13 at the Green Lantern in Lexington, KY

Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit--8/22/13 at Buster's in Lexington, KY

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Q:
ramonz wrote:should I go?

A:
ramonz wrote:walking distance from my house