Dexateens -lots of info here

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

acoxofrd

Re: Dexateens -lots of info here

Post by acoxofrd »

If I was coming from that area I'd be happy to give you a ride. I'm coming from Chattanooga so not really close to your route. Sorry and I hope you can find someone coming down. If you do I'll furnish you an adult beverage of your choosing.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Heya folks -

Wanted to share (in my 2nd 3DD post ever) that I, ie my label WarHen Records will be the ones releasing the new Dexateens LP Teenage Hallelujah. Very excited about it; it's great and sounds just like the Dexateens we all know and love! It is currently being mixed and then once the band is satisfied with it, it'll go to press. Outer Artwork will be screen-printed by an artist friend of the band (similar in fashion to their Sunsphere release from a couple years ago), and an insert that will be reminiscent of a church bulletin. Looking like it will be limited to 500 copies as well. I will continue to post more details as they come in.

For those curious - WarHen is a *mostly* vinyl-only label that I run by myself out of my basement in Charlottesville, VA. I've released 8 records so far, including a RSD 7" for Sons of Bill, the newest 2xLP for Wrinkle Neck Mules (Some of you are probably familiar with them!) and a smattering of other LPs and 7"s for local talent. It is very much a small and boutique operation, but I love doing it. Hope you will check it out!

Looking forward to sharing more about this Dexateens release and other upcoming releases with you all soon.
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

WarHenRecords wrote:Heya folks -

Wanted to share (in my 2nd 3DD post ever) that I, ie my label WarHen Records will be the ones releasing the new Dexateens LP Teenage Hallelujah. Very excited about it; it's great and sounds just like the Dexateens we all know and love! It is currently being mixed and then once the band is satisfied with it, it'll go to press. Outer Artwork will be screen-printed by an artist friend of the band (similar in fashion to their Sunsphere release from a couple years ago), and an insert that will be reminiscent of a church bulletin. Looking like it will be limited to 500 copies as well. I will continue to post more details as they come in.

For those curious - WarHen is a *mostly* vinyl-only label that I run by myself out of my basement in Charlottesville, VA. I've released 8 records so far, including a RSD 7" for Sons of Bill, the newest 2xLP for Wrinkle Neck Mules (Some of you are probably familiar with them!) and a smattering of other LPs and 7"s for local talent. It is very much a small and boutique operation, but I love doing it. Hope you will check it out!

Looking forward to sharing more about this Dexateens release and other upcoming releases with you all soon.
Thanks for the info. Really excited about this record!
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Yeah--keep us up to date please

Here's a new clip from the Georgia Theater

Always go to the show

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

WarHenRecords wrote:Heya folks -

Awesome!

And, this too:
Jonicont wrote:Yeah--keep us up to date please

Here's a new clip from the Georgia Theater

Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Thrilled to finally announce more details for the new full length record from Tuscaloosa, Alabama's The Dexateens. It is called Teenage Hallelujah and it's coming Spring 2016 (late April/early May) as a co-release on my label WarHen Records with the awesome folks at Cornelius Chapel Records in Tuscaloosa. That's the album artwork below and stay tuned for a video premier soon! Get ready, this one's a game changer.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

WarHenRecords wrote:Thrilled to finally announce more details for the new full length record from Tuscaloosa, Alabama's The Dexateens. It is called Teenage Hallelujah and it's coming Spring 2016 (late April/early May) as a co-release on my label WarHen Records with the awesome folks at Cornelius Chapel Records in Tuscaloosa. That's the album artwork below and stay tuned for a video premier soon! Get ready, this one's a game changer.

Can't wait.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
WarHenRecords wrote:Thrilled to finally announce more details for the new full length record from Tuscaloosa, Alabama's The Dexateens. It is called Teenage Hallelujah and it's coming Spring 2016 (late April/early May) as a co-release on my label WarHen Records with the awesome folks at Cornelius Chapel Records in Tuscaloosa. That's the album artwork below and stay tuned for a video premier soon! Get ready, this one's a game changer.

Can't wait.
They were so great in Chicago! I'm so ready for this...and wishing I had the wherewithal to see another show on this tour.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Ok so this is from their show in Minneapolis last night and is CRAZY! (crazy awesome though)

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Beefier artwork.

John A Arkansawyer

We heard this one both nights in Chicago. I guess getting this video countdown makes up for my not getting to any museums:

The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
#2 on the list......skynyrd is misspelled.

John A Arkansawyer

dime in the gutter wrote:
I noticed that. You think it's an accident or on purpose?

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

maybe, but they are gumps.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

dime in the gutter wrote:maybe, but they are gumps.
RTR
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

John A Arkansawyer

dime in the gutter wrote:
I noticed that. You think it's an accident or on purpose?
I just now noticed the little pop-up over it that says "Alabamy spel check", which I think settles that question.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Really love the song but I think I would take the video a lot more seriously if the Dex's weren't such hard core Alabama fans.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

John A Arkansawyer

Swamp wrote:Really love the song but I think I would take the video a lot more seriously if the Dex's weren't such hard core Alabama fans.
I didn't realize you were a Sad Ole Miss Fan.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

:lol: yeah that's it.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

I. Can't. Wait.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Dexateens-Nashville-11/21/2015
Recorded by Mark Lynn and Big Tom
Matrix by Jonicont
Thanks to the 'Teens for the permission

16/44
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w8qd16k7b5iq ... oU7Sa?dl=0

MP3
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zn3jbrkhy1dc ... 5E4Aa?dl=0
Always go to the show

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Thanks!

mark lynn
Site Admin

Post by mark lynn »

Anyone got the exact setlist for this show?

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

FYI everything got shipped off to the pressing plant for the new Dex record last week.
Psyched.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

WarHenRecords wrote:FYI everything got shipped off to the pressing plant for the new Dex record last week.
Psyched.
Yasss! Let us know when it is released!

Rock on.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

WarHenRecords wrote:FYI everything got shipped off to the pressing plant for the new Dex record last week.
Psyched.

<high-pitched squeal>
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Yeah I'm psyched too.
Will probably be late April/Early March if I had to guess.
It will be limited to 500 copies on black wax and will include an insert printed by the band.
DL code as well.
It is awesome.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

WarHenRecords wrote:Yeah I'm psyched too.
Will probably be late April/Early March if I had to guess.
It will be limited to 500 copies on black wax and will include an insert printed by the band.
DL code as well.
It is awesome.
Does this mean no option to buy a cd?
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

My label will not be making a CD for this (or any) release.
I would assume that the band will make some, though I am not 100% sure.

John A Arkansawyer

This Yankee Survived 10 Days with the Dexateens and the Drive-By Truckers, A Tour Journal

Scott Zuppardo wrote:(w/Patterson Hood and Jay Gonzalez, Patterson says ‘the almighty motherfucking Dexateens, one of the best fucking rocknroll bands in the world” at the end.