Justice and compassion are better than vengeance: Discuss

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Justice and compassion are better than vengeance: Discuss

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Leonard Cohen's poetic thanks as former manager and lover is jailed for harassment

Leonard Cohen wrote:I want to thank the defendant Ms Kelley Lynch for insisting on a jury trial, thus... allowing the court to observe her profoundly unwholesome, obscene and relentless strategies to escape the consequences of her wrongdoing.

It is my prayer that Ms Lynch will take refuge in the wisdom of her religion, that a spirit of understanding will convert her heart from hatred to remorse, from anger to kindness, from the deadly intoxication of revenge to the lowly practices of self-reform.

Note how he criticizes her behavior without saying she herself is bad (unless there's more in his full remarks). If anything similar to this ever happens to me--not likely! But you never do know--I hope I show this level of grace in dealing with it.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be