Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rlipps

Re: Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires

Post by rlipps »

Here's a couple of performances of their new single, "Sweet Disorder", along with "Dirt Track".

2015 Savannah Stopover Sessions

Jam in the Van, Austin, TX

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

i was lame and missed last night's show.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

tinnitus photography wrote:i was lame and missed last night's show.
LB & the boys were here last nite? :shock: :oops:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Missing the Glory Fires when they come to your town? That just ain't right...
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

hell i missed both Michael Hurley and Weedeater the night before (two different bills). might as well go for the hat trick!

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

He's playing Minneapolis on Thursday and I have a scheduling conflict... Going to see what I can do...
"Allman Brother's up and windows down." LB3

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Barely_Oakely wrote:He's playing Minneapolis on Thursday and I have a scheduling conflict... Going to see what I can do...
They're playing in Madison this week too. I think the High Noon saloon has them, McMurtry, and Hiss Golden Messenger this week.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:Difficult. Every time I see him I'm either blown away from the performance or trying not to get knocked down as he jumps into the crowd. Or both.
Friend Glory Fires (the individual not the band page) on FB. That's Lee.
I was not a skeptic at first, but this miracle still hasn't worked. ;)

In other news:

SubPop Records wrote:“Sweet Disorder!” b/w “Stars” is the new 7” by Birmingham, Alabama’s Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires. It features two new, exclusive tracks, and it comes out July 24th, 2015.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Via Facebook:
Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires wrote:We are on our way to the Basque Country to play at Azkena, but my thoughts and heart are in South Carolina today with the families and neighbors of those murdered in the names of hatred, terrorism and an old, twisted, evil, deeply rooted notion of this country and region. Those of us who, by some stroke of happenstance, are privileged enough to be protected by that distorted vision should be working day and night to destroy it. Real people among us fed lies to this murderer, and real people among us upheld the lies he espoused. Enough is enough, and silence is complicity. Rest in power, good people of Emanuel A.M.E. We have failed you.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

New Fall Tour Dates with more to come:

http://thegloryfires.com/shows/

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

I am now officially a convert. Wow. I do t know what took so long for this to click or why it did t immediately but man it has clicked in a big way.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Cole Younger wrote:I am now officially a convert. Wow. I do t know what took so long for this to click or why it did t immediately but man it has clicked in a big way.
Congrats and welcome to our church ;) What happened, did you finally get to see them live?
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

RolanK wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:I am now officially a convert. Wow. I do t know what took so long for this to click or why it did t immediately but man it has clicked in a big way.
Congrats and welcome to our church ;) What happened, did you finally get to see them live?

No but I can't wait to see them live. For the most part I can't really explain it. I've been listening to the Dexateens a lot lately so yesterday I just decided to watch some YouTube clips of these guys just to see if anything clicked this time. It did. I've watched clips of them before and just sort of shrugged. But for some reason yesterday I got about ten seconds into it and thought, "ho-ly-crap. How did I not love this immediately?" This is why occasionally revisit artists that I don't get all the fuss over from time to time. This doesn't always happen. But it happens often enough for me to keep doing it.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

Cole Younger wrote:
RolanK wrote:

No but I can't wait to see them live. For the most part I can't really explain it. I've been listening to the Dexateens a lot lately so yesterday I just decided to watch some YouTube clips of these guys just to see if anything clicked this time. It did. I've watched clips of them before and just sort of shrugged. But for some reason yesterday I got about ten seconds into it and thought, "ho-ly-crap. How did I not love this immediately?" This is why occasionally revisit artists that I don't get all the fuss over from time to time. This doesn't always happen. But it happens often enough for me to keep doing it.
Cool! I think I "went through" the Dexateens as well before I someone in here told me about these guys. You've got a sweet hour of awesomeness to look forward to when you finally see them live. They won't disappoint.

And I agree. Revisiting artists from time to time can be very rewarding.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Lee and the boys kicked out their tour last night in Lexington, KY at Cosmic Charlie's and we got treated to 4 or 5 new songs and they were smokin'. They also played Sweet Disorder, the new single they released a few months ago, and the live version blows the studio version out of the water. The new songs were still very guitar heavy with some cool riffs, got me really excited for their next album. Lee said new album would be out sometime next year more than likely, haven't started recording anything yet, might start around the end of the year.

Pujol opened and I wasn't a fan. The music was pretty cool, but didn't care for the singer's voice. Wax Fang was the headlining band, but we didn't stick around, as it was after 12:30 when they started and we decided to hit the road.

Tour continues for a while, catch a show if you can, love to hear what some of you think about the new tunes. Here's the dates:

http://www.thegloryfires.com/

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Catching them in Raleigh on Nov 5. It'll be our 10th LBIII show.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

brett27295 wrote:Catching them in Raleigh on Nov 5. It'll be our 10th LBIII show.
I think the other night was my 8th, and gonna catch them again in Whitesburg, KY in Nov. They're by far my favorite live band at the moment.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

rlipps wrote: I think the other night was my 8th, and gonna catch them again in Whitesburg, KY in Nov. They're by far my favorite live band at the moment.
Me too....plus they're a bunch of great guys!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

brett27295 wrote:
rlipps wrote: plus they're a bunch of great guys!
Absolutely.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Another fantastic show last night at Slim's in Raleigh from Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires. I think this is the 10th time we've had the pleasure of seeing them and it was as awesome as every other time. They opened with Sweet Disorder (which was issued on a 7" single this summer but isn't on an album) and closed with Dirt Track (from Dereconstucted). In between they played 10-12 new songs that haven't even been recorded yet. Awesome stuff! Lee said they hope to go into the studio in early 2016.

Sadly by my count there was 16 people to see the show. I realize it was a Thursday night, and I personally know 2 people that bailed when it was announced that the Glory Fires wouldn't play until 11:00. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these guys should be playing bigger venues and selling way more tickets. They're my second favorite band after DBT and I arguable enjoy them more live than I do the Truckers. I always enjoy talking to Lee, Adam, Blake, and Eric almost as much as seeing them play. Just a great bunch of guys! I even bought another vinyl copy of Dereconstructed because they were out of Large shirts in the ones I wanted and I felt like I was ripping them off only paying $5 to get in. I did have them all sign it though lol.

Bottom line, if these guys are in your town go see them play. They are one of the last of the bands who write songs that matter, that see the bullshit going on in the world and put that stuff into song. And by God, they're the best damn live band you've ever seen!

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

brett27295 wrote:Another fantastic show last night at Slim's in Raleigh from Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires. I think this is the 10th time we've had the pleasure of seeing them and it was as awesome as every other time. They opened with Sweet Disorder (which was issued on a 7" single this summer but isn't on an album) and closed with Dirt Track (from Dereconstucted). In between they played 10-12 new songs that haven't even been recorded yet. Awesome stuff! Lee said they hope to go into the studio in early 2016.

Sadly by my count there was 16 people to see the show. I realize it was a Thursday night, and I personally know 2 people that bailed when it was announced that the Glory Fires wouldn't play until 11:00. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these guys should be playing bigger venues and selling way more tickets. They're my second favorite band after DBT and I arguable enjoy them more live than I do the Truckers. I always enjoy talking to Lee, Adam, Blake, and Eric almost as much as seeing them play. Just a great bunch of guys! I even bought another vinyl copy of Dereconstructed because they were out of Large shirts in the ones I wanted and I felt like I was ripping them off only paying $5 to get in. I did have them all sign it though lol.

Bottom line, if these guys are in your town go see them play. They are one of the last of the bands who write songs that matter, that see the bullshit going on in the world and put that stuff into song. And by God, they're the best damn live band you've ever seen!
They blew me away when I saw them a few years ago, but Dereconstructed is unlistenable to me. (Because of the production, not the songs.)
ain't no static on the gospel radio

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

brett27295 wrote:Another fantastic show last night at Slim's in Raleigh from Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires. I think this is the 10th time we've had the pleasure of seeing them and it was as awesome as every other time. They opened with Sweet Disorder (which was issued on a 7" single this summer but isn't on an album) and closed with Dirt Track (from Dereconstucted). In between they played 10-12 new songs that haven't even been recorded yet. Awesome stuff! Lee said they hope to go into the studio in early 2016.

I asked Lee before the show Saturday if we were gonna get the same deal as Raleigh with all the new stuff and he said yeah, they're basically road-testing a bunch of new ones before they go in studio. I really enjoyed the new songs, hard to make out the lyrics, but they seemed a little more "melodic", for lack of a better word, than most of Dereconstructed, although they still rocked. We got the same deal as you guys, Sweet Disorder to open, Dirt Track to close, with nothing but new, unrecorded songs in between. Great show, great dudes and can't wait for the new album sometime next year.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Just saw that LB3&tGF signed to Don Giovanni records, making them labelmates with Roadside Graves. I've always thought of RG as being the New Jersey equivalent of working class southern bands like the Dexateens and the Glory Fires, so to me, this seems cosmically appropriate.

WarHenRecords

Post by WarHenRecords »

Can't wait for their new record.
Great band.
Haven't seen them in a few years. Need to remedy that ASAP
This is my label > http://warhenrecords.bandcamp.com/
Label IG > @WarHenRecords

Will

Post by Will »

The line-up for their January Athens show is LB3, Five-Eight, and T. Hardy Morris. So badass.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

http://www.clatl.com/music/article/2084 ... mpera-punk

Finally confirmation the new album is dropping sometime in May

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

rlipps wrote:http://www.clatl.com/music/article/2084 ... mpera-punk

Finally confirmation the new album is dropping sometime in May
Excited for the record but bummed that they are playing here for the first time in almost 3 years and we'll be out of town.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

i hope the production is not as ear stabby as the last album. even at low volumes that thing gave me a headache.