Music that makes you irrationally angry

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

njMark

Re: Music that makes you irrationally angry

Post by njMark »

Ben Folds and Built To Spill. Stabby like a motherfucker but it's more what those bands bring to mind than the bands themselves.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Just re-read this entire thread, and boy, some people REALLY missed the point of the thread
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

schlanky wrote:Katie Toupin's Shake Baby
I heard this on the radio again on the way to work today. They hadn't played it in a while and I thought I was safe. I should have turned it off, but didn't. And now it's been stuck in my head all day. It went away for a couple of hours here and there, but it keeps on sneaking back in. It's catchy in a bad way.

I like a little of Houndmouth's stuff, but here I'm hearing a bunch of cliches strung together (paint by number, lightning and thunder) in a chorus that sounds like B-Side Go-Gos.

Maybe the rest of her album is good, but I'm not gonna try it because this song makes me irrationally angry.
Let the outside air in

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Every time I hear Stranglehold, I think "damn this is a good song" and "I fucking hate goddamn Ted Fucking Nugent" at the same time, and I become angry.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

scotto

Post by scotto »

pearlbeer wrote:Every time I hear Stranglehold, I think "damn this is a good song" and "I fucking hate goddamn Ted Fucking Nugent" at the same time, and I become angry.
Yes, but that's not irrational anger.

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Dawes.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Mundane Mayhem wrote:Dawes.
I really love their first two records, but man, their trajectory has been straight down the last two albums
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:
I really love their first two records, but man, their trajectory has been straight down the last two albums
This song was in there, and it's pretty great.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

scotto wrote:
pearlbeer wrote:Every time I hear Stranglehold, I think "damn this is a good song" and "I fucking hate goddamn Ted Fucking Nugent" at the same time, and I become angry.
Yes, but that's not irrational anger.
True, but it is irrational that I am not just able to hit skip on Stranglehold. That song has my moral compass in a stranglehold, baby. I'm gone, it crushed my face.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Mundane Mayhem

Post by Mundane Mayhem »

Zip City wrote:
I honestly don't know if I've ever listened to a record front-to-back, so maybe I should try to be open-minded. Sometimes a song will come on when my wife's phone is hooked up to the Bluetooth and my impression is always like "what if Jackson Browne didn't spend any time at all on his lyrics?"

The deal now is I don't play Pavement/Malkmus when she's home in exchange for no Dawes when I'm home.
All it takes is one wicked heart, a pile of money, and a chain of folks just doing their jobs