Rolling Stones

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: Rolling Stones

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

These are points that have probably already been touched on but a few years ago Keith Richards mentioned in an interview that the Rolling Stones were in uncharted territory as far as a band being around as long as they have. In that regard, he found it interested as to how far they will be able to take it. Without trying to dig up the interview (which I'm not sure I could find again anyway) I'm sure in exactly what sense he meant that. Meaning, I'm not sure if he was referring to what type of new material they might come up with and/or how long they might continue to perform. I have a feeling, that at this point they will continue to perform until either he or Mick passes. As for their shows including so little or no new material, it seems to me that most of their newer releases aren't all that well thought of so I'm not sure why it matters if those songs are included in their sets or not. With bands that have been around as long as the Stones it seems most are there to hear the older material anyway. In a lot of instances (not all) when bands with their sort of longevity play new songs it tends to be an excuse for a bathroom break or to grab another beer. I have no problem with them but I will probably never seen them again. At this stage, with few exceptions, I've mostly written off attending big shows. I have developed a low tolerance for all the hassles that tend to come along with them. That said, I hope the Stones will continue to perform for as long as it makes them happy.