2012 New Album Releases

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Kudzu Guillotine

Re: 2012 New Album Releases

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Due September 18th

Caitlin Rose "Lately I’ve Let Things Slide"
The Parson Red Head "Don’t Lose Your Grip on Love"
Robert Ellis "All Men Are Liars"
Amanda Shires "I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass"
Jeff the Brotherhood "Marie Provost"
Hayes Carll "(I’m Gonna Start) Living Again If It Kills Me"
Erin Enderlin "Lover Don’t Go"
The Unsinkable Boxer "When I Write the Book"
Colin Gilmore "You Make Me"
Chatham County Line "Heart of the City"
Lori McKenna "What’s Shakin’ on the Hill"
Griffin House "Cracking Up"
Ron Sexsmith "Where’s My Everything?"

Kudzu Guillotine

Due November 20th, click on the link below to hear a preview track.

Graham Parker Reunites With the Rumour After Three Decades

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

I don't care what anyone says, I'm so freakin' excited about this album---ever since The Superbowl commercial!!

In my blood, there's gasoline..

Kudzu Guillotine

Noisetrade.com is offering up a free sampler from Tift Merritt's upcoming new album Traveling Alone (due October 2nd).

Another Aerosmith tune from their new album Music From Another Dimension (due November 6th), "Lover Alot".

The Flatlanders (Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Joe Ely and Butch Hancock) performing "I Know You" from their new CD/DVD The Odessa Tapes (due August 28th)

Dwight Yoakam's "A Heart Like Mine", one of a couple tunes produced by Beck from his new album 3 Pears (due September 18th)

Kasey Chambers and Shane Nicholson from Wreck & Ruin (due September 7th).

Kudzu Guillotine

New CD/DVD from Paul Simon which is due on September 18th. The trailer and album cover artwork are below, more info here.

Not an album but Dan Baird and Homemade Sin have a live DVD coming out in September. DVD artwork and tracklist below. Ordering info here.

Well Enough Alone
I Dunno
Julie and Lucky
I Love You Period
Crooked Smile
Two For Tuesday > Proud Mary
Lil Bit
Lazy Monday
Railroad Steel
Damn Thing To Be Done
Another Chance
Younger Face
Don’t Pass Me By
Keep Your Hands To Yourself
Hard Days Night
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Sheila (Do Ya Wanna Dance)
Helpless

beagle001

Post by beagle001 »

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:Due November 20th, click on the link below to hear a preview track.

worst cover art of the year contender right there
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Kudzu Guillotine

Another new Dylan track has surfaced. NPR is streaming "Duquesne Whistle", the first single from Tempest which comes out on September 11th.

New John Wesley Harding tune that will be available as a vinyl and digital single on October 16th. Yep Roc is also releasing his New Deal album on vinyl for the first time. More on that here.

Julianna Hatfield's new album of covers is being released tomorrow.

Cells by Teenage Fanclub
Learn To Fly by Foo Fighters
Bad Moon Rising by CCR
Ready For Love by Bad Company
Self Machine by I Blame Coco
Fruit Fly by Nada Surf
Closet by Pete Yorn
Sweet Is The Night by ELO
Do I Wait by Ryan Adams
Friend Of Mine by Liz Phair
My Wife by The Who
Rock And Roll by Led Zeppelin

shuffle

Post by shuffle »

that new dylan tune is pretty good, but can't say i'm too excited about the album anyway...
http://twitter.com/birdsneedfeet
http://www.birdsneedfeet.com/

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Duke Silver wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:Due November 20th, click on the link below to hear a preview track.

worst cover art of the year contender right there

and worst denim jacket worn on a cover, too..at least cut the sleaves off and make it bad ass....is that James Carville center back?
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Kudzu Guillotine

EPK for Waylon Jennings Goin' Down Rockin': The Last Recordings which comes out on September 25th.

RMD

Post by RMD »

Soundgarden- King Animal due in the fall, no date as of yet.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

new The Polyphonic Spree on 10/22
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

sg207

Post by sg207 »

I'm loving this.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Maserati releases their new album Maserati VII on October 2 via Temporary Residence Records. More info and one song at the link below.

http://temporaryresidence.com/descriptions/trr196.php
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Iris DeMent will release her new album Sing the Delta on October 2.

http://www.theboot.com/2012/07/27/iris- ... the-delta/
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

One of the benefits of getting older and busier and lamer and having less time to focus on release dates and such is that new releases have a tendency to creep up on you. To wit: new Calexico this Tuesday! Can't wait.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

kendix

Post by kendix »

Divine Fits, a lovechild of Spoon and Wolf Parade, put out an album.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/album ... s-20120828
I'll write you a letter tomorrow. Tonight I can't hold a pen.

Kudzu Guillotine

It won't be officially confirmed until sometime later today or tomorrow but Led Zeppelin will be releasing a CD/DVD combo package from their reunion concert at the 02 Arena from 2007 sometime in November.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Jason Molina - Autumn Bird Songs 10”
Released: 9/25/12
Graveface Records, GRAVE050
10” included with book “From Black Sheep Boys To Bill Collectors- The music-related artwork of William Schaff”

Tracklist:
Heart My Heart
The Harvest Law
Enough Of A Stranger
No Hand Was At The Wheel
Owl & Raven
Shore To Shore
First Footing
A Sad Hard Change
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Kudzu Guillotine

Nothing's supposed to be made official until tomorrow but from what I understand, this is the poster art for theatrical screenings of Led Zeppelin's upcoming Celebration Day DVD/CD from their reunion concert at the 02 Arena in London in 2007.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Hey Kudzu, how was this show and for that matter: how did their reunion turn out? I don't remember hearing much hoopla about this. I'm a huge Zep head and take advantage of these too rare Zep releases, when they do occur (ie. How the West was Won, The DVD box set, etc.) and I am ready to splurge - especially since JPJ is involved.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:Nothing's supposed to be made official until tomorrow but from what I understand, this is the poster art for theatrical screenings of Led Zeppelin's upcoming Celebration Day DVD/CD from their reunion concert at the 02 Arena in London in 2007.

Holy shit, that was 5 years ago?
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

Kudzu Guillotine

211poundsofpork wrote:Hey Kudzu, how was this show and for that matter: how did their reunion turn out? I don't remember hearing much hoopla about this. I'm a huge Zep head and take advantage of these too rare Zep releases, when they do occur (ie. How the West was Won, The DVD box set, etc.) and I am ready to splurge - especially since JPJ is involved.

I didn't personally attend (though I did enter the lottery for tix). Even though there are evidently plenty of unofficial live recordings and DVD's of the concert out there, I haven't done much more than watch a few shitty YouTube clips that were shot on people's cellphones. From all accounts, it turned out very well. That's according to firsthand accounts as well as reviews. I'd say it got more than a fair amount of attention via music magazine covers worldwide and the press in general. The night of the concert you couldn't even sign on to the official Zeppelin board because the servers were overloaded. The demand for tickets was also very overwhelming which got about as much publicity as the concert itself. I'm not sure how I would have gotten to England if I had won (snowball's chance in hell) but I would have figured out a way. The concert was so successful it was followed by rumors of a worldwide tour. At that time Plant already had plans in place to tour with Alison Krauss in support of Raising Sand so such a massive undertaking was out of the question. His refusal take part resulted in lots of vitriol being directed his way. In the months following the reunion, Page, Jones and Jason Bonham attempted to find another singer (everyone from Myles Kennedy [Alter Bridge] to Steven Tyler tried out) but there's just no replacing Plant. They had hoped to record a new album with Plant and to tour under another name besides Led Zeppelin but that obviously never came to be. Other than an appearance in It Might Get Loud and the release of the Death Wish II and the Lucifer's Rising soundtracks on vinyl, Page has remained largely in seclusion.

I'm not sure if you've heard but Page, Plant and Jones have been selected to receive the Kennedy Center Awards as Led Zeppelin on December 1st in Washington, DC. From what I've read, in order to receive the award, you have to be in attendance. I'm sure this, coupled with the release of the 02 DVD/CD, is only going to cause Led Zeppelin reunion rumors to ramp up again. The last I read, Plant has no less than two albums under his belt (one for the Band of Joy, the other for the Sensational Space Shifters) so I can only guess that he's going to remain adamant against touring. He's made that point time and time again since the 02 show and I certainly understand but it's sad to see Page so inactive musically, unless it's something Zeppelin related.

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:
211poundsofpork wrote:Hey Kudzu, how was this show and for that matter: how did their reunion turn out? I don't remember hearing much hoopla about this. I'm a huge Zep head and take advantage of these too rare Zep releases, when they do occur (ie. How the West was Won, The DVD box set, etc.) and I am ready to splurge - especially since JPJ is involved.

I didn't personally attend (though I did enter the lottery for tix). Even though there are evidently plenty of unofficial live recordings and DVD's of the concert out there, I haven't done much more than watch a few shitty YouTube clips that were shot on people's cellphones. From all accounts, it turned out very well. That's according to firsthand accounts as well as reviews. I'd say it got more than a fair amount of attention via music magazine covers worldwide and the press in general. The night of the concert you couldn't even sign on to the official Zeppelin board because the servers were overloaded. The demand for tickets was also very overwhelming which got about as much publicity as the concert itself. I'm not sure how I would have gotten to England if I had won (snowball's chance in hell) but I would have figured out a way. The concert was so successful it was followed by rumors of a worldwide tour. At that time Plant already had plans in place to tour with Alison Krauss in support of Raising Sand so such a massive undertaking was out of the question. His refusal take part resulted in lots of vitriol being directed his way. In the months following the reunion, Page, Jones and Jason Bonham attempted to find another singer (everyone from Myles Kennedy [Alter Bridge] to Steven Tyler tried out) but there's just no replacing Plant. They had hoped to record a new album with Plant and to tour under another name besides Led Zeppelin but that obviously never came to be. Other than an appearance in It Might Get Loud and the release of the Death Wish II and the Lucifer's Rising soundtracks on vinyl, Page has remained largely in seclusion.

I'm not sure if you've heard but Page, Plant and Jones have been selected to receive the Kennedy Center Awards as Led Zeppelin on December 1st in Washington, DC. From what I've read, in order to receive the award, you have to be in attendance. I'm sure this, coupled with the release of the 02 DVD/CD, is only going to cause Led Zeppelin reunion rumors to ramp up again. The last I read, Plant has no less than two albums under his belt (one for the Band of Joy, the other for the Sensational Space Shifters) so I can only guess that he's going to remain adamant against touring. He's made that point time and time again since the 02 show and I certainly understand but it's sad to see Page so inactive musically, unless it's something Zeppelin related.

Exactly. 1988's Outrider doesn't really satisfy the Page fans, if you catch my drift. He did do the touring with the Crowes 12 or so years ago, but what gives? He is one of my favorite guitarists of all time. My guess is he has always been very reclusive and he also likes being in the background musically as well, except as you just said- if it is Zep related. (My apologies for going a bit off the new album release topic everyone, but I don't know how to transport a quote to a new thread that is well, Zeppelin related! :geek: )

Kudzu Guillotine

211poundsofpork wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:

Exactly. 1988's Outrider doesn't really satisfy the Page fans, if you catch my drift. He did do the touring with the Crowes 12 or so years ago, but what gives? He is one of my favorite guitarists of all time. My guess is he has always been very reclusive and he also likes being in the background musically as well, except as you just said- if it is Zep related. (My apologies for going a bit off the new album release topic everyone, but I don't know how to transport a quote to a new thread that is well, Zeppelin related! :geek: )

Well, I guess you just need to cut and paste. And, believe it or not, there's no Led Zeppelin thread here (unless I somehow missed it in my search).

Tyler
Site Admin

Post by Tyler »

I thought his hands and wrists were pretty much shot from arthritis. I know from the O2 show he didn't have his chops under full command - the riffs were solid, but the solos were a bit lacking in fireworks. Can't imagine what it's like 5 years later - remember, he's knocking on 70. About the only guys from that era that can still rip it like the "old days" are probably Billy Gibbons and Carlos Santana.

Kudzu Guillotine

Tyler wrote:I thought his hands and wrists were pretty much shot from arthritis. I know from the O2 show he didn't have his chops under full command - the riffs were solid, but the solos were a bit lacking in fireworks. Can't imagine what it's like 5 years later - remember, he's knocking on 70. About the only guys from that era that can still rip it like the "old days" are probably Billy Gibbons and Carlos Santana.

Looks like there's now two Zeppelin threads, perhaps the Mods will be kind enough to merge them.

Kudzu Guillotine

Here's a couple of new videos by Tift Merritt from her next record, Traveling Alone, which comes out on October 2. I haven't seen her in concert since she performed during the Oliver Gant benefit in Raleigh this past Spring so I'm looking very forward to seeing her, Megafaun and Mandolin Orange do a free show Friday afternoon in Carrboro.