Jimbo Mathus and the Truckers?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

RaidPanther88

Jimbo Mathus and the Truckers?

Post by RaidPanther88 »

Recently, I've been listening to a lot of Jimbo Mathus, and I've come to the conclusion that, along with Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley, he has to be one of the most creative songwriters currently working. I assume Mathus must have crossed paths with the Truckers by now as he works with Luther Dickinson and I know Luther is a fan of the Truckers. All that being said, I think it would be amazing if Mathus and the Truckers collaborated on a song or even an album. Both acts incorporate heavily elements of country, rock, and R&B, and I just think they would work so well together. Anybody else agree?

Smitty

Re: Jimbo Mathus and the Truckers?

Post by Smitty »

One of my first concerts was the Squirrel Nut Zippers in Birmingham when I was like 13.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Smitty wrote:One of my first concerts was the Squirrel Nut Zippers in Birmingham when I was like 13.

We love those guys. Saw them during the 98 horde tour with Neil Young.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Swamp wrote:
Smitty wrote:One of my first concerts was the Squirrel Nut Zippers in Birmingham when I was like 13.

That would have been 1997. Neil didn't play H.O.R.D.E. in 1998. Sorry for being nitpicky Swamp...but it's Neil so I'm sure you understand. ;-)
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Bill in CT wrote:
Swamp wrote:

That would have been 1997. Neil didn't play H.O.R.D.E. in 1998. Sorry for being nitpicky Swamp...but it's Neil so I'm sure you understand. ;-)

I rest my case ;)
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Luther Dickenson played four songs with DBT at Bama Jam II in Enterprise. That was a throw down.