Green Day Rip This Joint on Fallon!!!

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mhc

Green Day Rip This Joint on Fallon!!!

Post by mhc »

All week different artist are going to cover something off of Exile on Main Street.
Keith Urban, Crow, Phish
Green Day kicked it off last night.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

shuffle

Re: Green Day Rip This Joint on Fallon!!!

Post by shuffle »

I thought that was really good actually. Obviously it's not as good as the original, and it lacks that Exile-looseness but I don't really think anyone but the Stones can pull that off.
http://twitter.com/birdsneedfeet
http://www.birdsneedfeet.com/

Clams

Post by Clams »

Not bad at all. Looks like Conan O'Brien is the drummer... lol. How in the hell is Keith Urban going to cover something from Exile? That shouldn't be allowed to happen.
If you don't run you rust

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

I forgot Fallon was doing this. I absolutely despise Green Day, and have to give them props on that rendition.

Phish will do Loving Cup? Can't stand that band either.

I'm bringing a whole lotta fun in this thread, huh?

*Edit- How many unreleased tunes from the Exile sessions are making this new & improved release?

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Green Day actually did a good job there. I don't despise most of the bands work, but I do despise their dying their hair black and wearing eye liner when American Idiot got huge. It's actually a good album. Too bad modern rock radio destroyed it.

I had bet my gf that Sheryl Crow would do "Loving Cup". Is it confirmed, or just assumed that Phish is doing it?

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

Thought I saw Loving Cup in quite a few Phish setlists. And don't ask why I'm looking at Phish setlists when I don't care for the band!

mhc

Post by mhc »

Given to Fly wrote:Thought I saw Loving Cup in quite a few Phish setlists. And don't ask why I'm looking at Phish setlists when I don't care for the band!

Don't be surprised if they do Torn and Frayed. They covered all of Exile on Main Street for Halloween last year. They did TOrn and Frayed in Cincy last year.
I have caught a few Loving Cup's from them. I do care about this band. Caught lots of shows from 1994-2003.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

Mike McCready (Pearl Jam) is showing up on the Direct TV guide. I'd assume he's playin with Keith Urban, this just became a little more interestin'

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

Keith Urban played Tumblin Dice. Chuck Leavell was in the band. (No Mike McCready- not sure what that was about)

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

mhc wrote:
Given to Fly wrote:Thought I saw Loving Cup in quite a few Phish setlists. And don't ask why I'm looking at Phish setlists when I don't care for the band!

Don't be surprised if they do Torn and Frayed. They covered all of Exile on Main Street for Halloween last year. They did TOrn and Frayed in Cincy last year.
I have caught a few Loving Cup's from them. I do care about this band. Caught lots of shows from 1994-2003.

Actually a pretty good show if you care to download it or rip it. Most here probably will hate it due to the fact that it is Phish doing Exile but I enjoyed it quite a bit and im not even that big into Phish. Id prefer if they did their version of T & F, but Loving Cup is their most polished exile tune i suppose.

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

Given to Fly wrote:Keith Urban played Tumblin Dice. Chuck Leavell was in the band. (No Mike McCready- not sure what that was about)

All in all, i thought it was a pretty good job.

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Billie Joe of Green Day,

Don't sing with a fake British accent

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

lajakesdad wrote:Billie Joe of Green Day,

Fuckin' A!

and he's what, 45?

How come he gets a Les Paul signature model, and Patterson Hood doesn't? Just asking. In fact I am emailing Gibson to ask them...
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Steve French wrote:
lajakesdad wrote:Billie Joe of Green Day,

Fuckin' A!

and he's what, 45?

How come he gets a Les Paul signature model, and Patterson Hood doesn't? Just asking. In fact I am emailing Gibson to ask them...

Oh, here's why:

Green Day has sold over 22 million records in the United States
from Wikipedia. with citation.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Hud

Post by Hud »

liked both of these very much, thanks for posting. I didn't know who Keith Urban was, but damn sure know Chuck is. Phish doing 'lovin cup'....again? I have to admit the show where they did the whole album is pretty damn good. Panic's version of 'stop breaking down blues' is good once they get it going. Will the stones be on Friday?
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

Hud wrote:liked both of these very much, thanks for posting. I didn't know who Keith Urban was, but damn sure know Chuck is. Phish doing 'lovin cup'....again? I have to admit the show where they did the whole album is pretty damn good. Panic's version of 'stop breaking down blues' is good once they get it going. Will the stones be on Friday?

Yeah i despise top 40 country about 95% of the time, but from what ive heard keith urban is about one of the only guys with some decent chops, him and i think brad paisley are another name ive heard pop up

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

This was a funny bit with Keif & Mick

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com ... pros-cons/

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

Van

Post by Van »

I wish Chuck Leavell would retire. I fell he brings nothing to the table. I would love to see a Stones tour without Chuck Leavell. Every live Stones show over the last twenty two years has been the same with him.

Hud

Post by Hud »

Chuck is the reason the Stones have bored me for for the past 20 years? Hell no! If they would have turned Woody & Chuck up a little ( a lot)maybe we could here some ROCK.
It's no wonder Mick Taylor left with Keith being so.....Keith. Last good tour was 78' Ron Wood is a one of the most underrated guitar players, his small spot on the Last Waltz playing slide is one of my favorites....

Cut my teeth on the 8 track on Exile. What a crazy time it was.......... LOVE it on Vinyl, but on CD.... it just was never the same on cd, to compressed or something.
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes