Wanda Jackson

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Wanda Jackson

Post by Swamp »

If you missed them on letterman last night, they'll be on Conan tonight.
Her and the 3rd man band with Jack White
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

BigTom
Site Admin

Re: Wanda Jackson

Post by BigTom »

Her new album has gotten really good reviews. They been playing it a lot on the Loft and Outlaw Country on Sirius.
Tumble down shack in Bigfoot County

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

BigTom wrote:Her new album has gotten really good reviews. They been playing it a lot on the Loft and Outlaw Country on Sirius.

Yeah, it got a rave in yesterday's boston globe. I totally forgot that Conan is still/back on TV. :lol:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I first heard of her thanks to the very excellent Loud, Fast and Out of Control boxset on Rhino Records. So, when she came to town last year I just had to go. Yeah, she's on up there in years but so fucking what, she can still rock and she had some great stories about Elvis. Definitely go see her if she comes to your town on this current tour. She's a living, breathing history of rock n' roll and representative of an era that far too many people are too willing to overlook. I really don't care that much for Jack White or most of the music I've heard by him but I could never thank him enough for championing artists like Wanda Jackson. She deserves every bit of recognition that comes her way.