New R.E.M

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

GuitarManUpstairs

New R.E.M

Post by GuitarManUpstairs »

Never going back to Buttholeville. (Good luck with that!)

Flea

Re: New R.E.M

Post by Flea »

REM's been rather irrelevant since Berry shuffled off.
Now it's dark.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I've been posting the new songs/new album info to this thread. They've also added a four song sampler at REMHQ. Apparently "Überlin" will be the last song preview prior to the album being released on March 8th.

GuitarManUpstairs

I should'a known folks 'round here would already be upon this. I just ran across something about it on HuffPo. First I had seen on it.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

GuitarManUpstairs wrote:I should'a known folks 'round here would already be upon this. I just ran across something about it on HuffPo. First I had seen on it.

Actually, there's little to no interest in new R.E.M. around these parts. In some cases, there's even some downright hatred for them so you probably won't find much love for the new record here. Personally, I like what I've heard so far. The new tunes sound much less forced than the majority of material on Accelerate.

GuitarManUpstairs

I'm nohuge REM fan but I grew up listening to their older stuff but I have no clue about their more recent material. The song on the link is actually all i have heard and only once at that. Sounds reminiscent of older material to me.