Widespread Panic - Athens (Classic Center)

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

SandyBritches

Widespread Panic - Athens (Classic Center)

Post by SandyBritches »

Anyone get lucky with tickets? I was logged in early but didn't hit the lucky refresh cycle. Scalper pieces of shit are selling Friday tickets ($50 face) for $600 and up. Terrible show karma awaits them for sure.

Should anyone hear of folks who need to move tickets at reasonable prices, let me know. I'm not willing to go the scalper route, but in the hope that someone can't use tickets and wants to get them into the hands of a real fan, I'm hanging onto my hotel room just in case.

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Re: Widespread Panic - Athens (Classic Center)

Post by never going back »

I tried for the Fox. No go there either. Reminiscent of the 2005 Fox Theatre run ticket debacle. WP has sh*t on fans like that for years.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

SandyBritches

Post by SandyBritches »

Yep, I tried the Fox as well. At least the Ticketmaster site had the decency to tell me they sold out.

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

SandyBritches wrote:Yep, I tried the Fox as well. At least the Ticketmaster site had the decency to tell me they sold out.

I was completely shut out of mail order and TM in 2005. I ended up at all three shows with fantastic seats. One ticket was free and the other two were face. If you really want to go, the tickets will be out there. I'll let you know if I hear anything about Classic Center tix.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...