Quicklists XLIII: Top Five Replacements Songs

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

dee dee

Re: Quicklists XLIII: Top Five Replacements Songs

Post by dee dee »

Can't Hardly Wait
Alex Chilton
Talent Show
Color Me Impressed
Waitress in the Sky

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I put "Date To Church" on a wedding mixtape a few years ago. Was that wrong?

acoxofrd

Post by acoxofrd »

It's too hard to pick only 5 for me with this band. Still one of my all time favorite bands.

1. Can't Hardly Wait
2. Here Comes a Regular
3. Left Of The Dial
4. Skyway
5. Bastards of Young

lotusamerica

Post by lotusamerica »

No fucking way.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I love waitress in the sky, but I did see it bust up an engagement once.

At one point in the eighties I was without a band but because of my previous band was offered a pretty decent gig opening up for pretty big regional band in Chicago. Anyway I quickly put together some guys that I knew and we started working on a show. I had originals, as did one of the other guys but we knew we were going to need some covers. We had a pre rehearsal meeting at the drummer's apartment to decide what covers to pick, etc. Waitress in the Sky came up so we scribbled the lyrics on a piece of notebook paper and put it on the table. then we headed out to dinner and the drummer's roommate, Brian, came with us as well. We got back from dinner and the roommate's fiancée was sitting at the table crying her eyes out. she then held up the WITS lyrics and yelled "is this what you think of me Brian? Is this what you think of me??" He had no idea what she was talking about, but saw the lyrics and tried to explain. You see she was a flight attendant. Oops. Everyone tried to explain but the screaming and the crying continued until she finally took her engagement ring, threw it at the guy and walked out. End of engagement. It was very odd.

One of the best stories I've read yet on this site. Classic!

Everybody needs love, love, love, everybody needs love.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

acoxofrd

Post by acoxofrd »

RevMatt wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:I love waitress in the sky, but I did see it bust up an engagement once.

At one point in the eighties I was without a band but because of my previous band was offered a pretty decent gig opening up for pretty big regional band in Chicago. Anyway I quickly put together some guys that I knew and we started working on a show. I had originals, as did one of the other guys but we knew we were going to need some covers. We had a pre rehearsal meeting at the drummer's apartment to decide what covers to pick, etc. Waitress in the Sky came up so we scribbled the lyrics on a piece of notebook paper and put it on the table. then we headed out to dinner and the drummer's roommate, Brian, came with us as well. We got back from dinner and the roommate's fiancée was sitting at the table crying her eyes out. she then held up the WITS lyrics and yelled "is this what you think of me Brian? Is this what you think of me??" He had no idea what she was talking about, but saw the lyrics and tried to explain. You see she was a flight attendant. Oops. Everyone tried to explain but the screaming and the crying continued until she finally took her engagement ring, threw it at the guy and walked out. End of engagement. It was very odd.

One of the best stories I've read yet on this site. Classic!

Everybody needs love, love, love, everybody needs love.

Agreed. One of the funniest stories I've heard.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Someone's probably already posted about this and I missed it but in case they haven't....

Color Me Obsessed: The Potentially True Story of the Last Best Band, The Replacements

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Anywhere's Better Than Here
Bastards of Young
Achin' To Be
Alex Chilton
When It Began
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light