Rock and roll babysitters and strange fathers

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Rock and roll babysitters and strange fathers

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

First, get your mind out of the gutter. Thank you.

Now, my question. I've promised my daughter, who is seven and a half, that we will soon make a trip one way by plane and one way by train. Chicago has always been the city I had in mind, as it's arguably the nicest place one Amtrak connection away from Little Rock. She wants to be an artist these days, and I plan to take her to the Art Institute of Chicago, a mind-blowingly great museum. Now I'm thinking real hard about making the trip next month while I still have resources to do it on the cheap.

Why? That damned two-night Jayhawks show in January. I want to be there for at least one night, and if we fly up Friday after school, we can spend all of Saturday being tourists--if she wants to. I think she'll want to spend her time at the Art Institute.

But--serious question--how do you find a rock and roll babysitter for your young daughter in a big strange town? One that works late hours in hotels and charges only an arm?

Or should I just suck it up, accept missing the Jayhawks this time around, and take her to Chicago later in the year?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

drtpants

Re: Rock and roll babysitters and strange fathers

Post by drtpants »

There's gotta be a website for that. google 'rock-n-roll babysitter' if you haven't already.

scotto

Post by scotto »

Depending on where you're staying, many hotels have suggestions or resources for that.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

1. As scotto says, most hotels have lists of babysitters.

2. Perhaps someone you know knows a few twenty somethings in Chicago who might make themselves available as a combination favor/chance to make a few bucks. Seriously, if you want me to check w/ some people i'd recommend highly let me know.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard