What to listen to over the internet

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

What to listen to over the internet

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

So when I'm burning discs at work (for work purposes, I should add), I can't put CDs into my machine and play them. I've tried a variety of non-personalizeable internet radio stations (I'd don't want to hear what someone thinks I want to hear, so no Pandora etc. for me) (and yes, it's an acceptable use of our copious network bandwidth). The only one that consistently keeps my interest is Radio Batanga's Brasiliera station. So, only one station I like? That's got to be my ignorance. Who's got recommendations?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

scotto

Re: What to listen to over the internet

Post by scotto »

WFMU is a fun station, with streaming shows, podcasts, and scads of online musical goodness...

http://wfmu.org/

Clams

Post by Clams »

Do you have itunes on the computer? If so, click "radio" in the library and you'll have about a thousand stations to choose from. if you choose the Country category, there are a couple of good ones - The Badlands, Texas Exile Radio and GotRadio Americana are all good, probably a couple of others as well.
If you don't run you rust

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Clams wrote:Do you have itunes on the computer? If so, click "radio" in the library and you'll have about a thousand stations to choose from. if you choose the Country category, there are a couple of good ones - The Badlands, Texas Exile Radio and GotRadio Americana are all good, probably a couple of others as well.

Bootliquorfm is a pretty good one on iTunes. The only radio I listen to outside of xm.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

Luxury99

Post by Luxury99 »

I like creamyradio.com.