Recent Purchases

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: Recent Purchases

Post by chuckrh »

cortez the killer wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:58 pm
Merry Christmas to me
Nice! I have a similar Nissan. Really love the AWD. It's great for the heavy rain which comes in handy this time of year in Seattle. & snow, which is supposedly coming on Saturday & sticking around for a week. The car does well in snow, too without chains.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

chuckrh wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:32 am
cortez the killer wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:58 pm
Merry Christmas to me
Nice! I have a similar Nissan. Really love the AWD. It's great for the heavy rain which comes in handy this time of year in Seattle. & snow, which is supposedly coming on Saturday & sticking around for a week. The car does well in snow, too without chains.
Yeah, I have to drive over a pretty decent hill every day and the AWD will make that commute far less stressful during the winter months. I've never bought a brand new car before. I suppose this is my mid-life crisis purchase.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

SUVs tend to have more aggressive tires than sedans do but if you have a fair bit of snow and ice in your winter, i can't recommend getting a spare set of rims and dedicated snow tires enough.

4WD don't mean shit when you lose friction.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

My first new music purchase since at least The Unraveling in 2020. Last year, Oxforrd American opted for Spotify playlists instead of their usual sampler CD for their annual Southern Music issue. I have nothing against Spotify or streaming but for the first time ever, I passed on purchasing the Southern Music issue. To their credit, they listened to their readers and brought the CD back this year. Several favorites have already emerged in Particle Kid (Willie's son, Micah), Emily Scott Robinson, and Tré Burt. For those that may be interested, this is complete tracklisting.

1. Mary Lou Williams "Praise The Lord"
2. Shirley Horn "Forget Me"
3. Tonina "St. Lost"
4. Duke Ellington And His Orchestra "Chopsticks"
5. Courtney Bryan "Generation Y"
6. Sister Rosetta Tharpe "Didn’t It Rain "(Live)
7. John Doe "Wheels"
8. Little Feat "Two Trains"
9. Black Pumas "Touch The Sky"
10. Iron And Wine "Wolves (Song Of The Shepherd’s Dog)"
11. Joi "Stare At Me"
12. Betty Davis "Shoo-B-Doop And Cop Him"
13. Johnnie Frierson "Have You Been Good To Yourself"
14. Big Bill Broonzy "The Midnight Special"
15. Tré Burt "By The Jasmine"
16. Fleet Foxes "Blue Ridge Mountains"
17. Particle Kid "The Ocean"
18. Emily Scott Robinson "Delta Line"
19. Sunny War "Like Nina"
20. Aretha Franklin "Ain’t No Way"

Kudzu Guillotine

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

I was gifted a record player by my family for my birthday. What a terrible fucking idea. 30 days later I own 100+ LPs and I'm fighting with my wife on where to store them. If you need me, I'll be at the record store.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:56 pm
I was gifted a record player by my family for my birthday. What a terrible fucking idea. 30 days later I own 100+ LPs and I'm fighting with my wife on where to store them. If you need me, I'll be at the record store.
Excellent! Anybody who expected any other outcome may want to reconsider how well they know you.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

pearlbeer wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:56 pm
Huge time, money and space eater. Congrats!
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

yeah, you're fucked.

Kudzu Guillotine

For the first time since I became a fan of both Drive-By Truckers and Lydia Loveless I passed on purchasing their newest albums when they were first released. One reason was due to ongoing space limitations. The other, in the case of the Truckers, was that not unlike why I filed The Unraveling away after one listen, the ongoing political climate was negatively impacting my emotional state, so I passed on The New OK when it first came out. It's not like things are suddenly all rosy in the world but I feel I'm at least in a better emotional state than I was when The New OK was first released. So maybe I'm ready to finally give it a listen.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Glad you’re giving it another shot. Some days it’s my favorite of the AMerican Band/Unraveling/The New Ok run
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Kudzu Guillotine

This comes with the June 2022 issue of Mojo (Jerry Garcia cover in the U.S./Liam Gallagher in the U.K.) and consists of previously released material.