Artist Of The Week-Bottle Rockets

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Crustyharp

Re: Artist Of The Week-Bottle Rockets

Post by Crustyharp »

Brian Henneman Of The Bottle Rockets: 20 Weird Dog Years And Still Countin’

Interview: http://www.jambands.com/features/2014/06/21/brian-henneman-of-the-bottle-rockets-20-weird-dog-years-and-still-countin
Let's play now ... we can tune up later.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Damn I hope you get paid for this shit, crusty. You're damn good at it. And that's a fact, not a compliment.

I hope you'll be at either the NH or ME shows (or both of 'em!) next week.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Great stuff. Thanks so much for that.

So bummed I had to miss them with McMurtry last month.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Clams

Post by Clams »

Beebs wrote:
So bummed I had to miss them with McMurtry last month.

If I were a mod, you'd have received a 7-day ban for that.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Crustyharp

Post by Crustyharp »

Just up on GuitarWorld.com:

The Bottle Rockets’ Brian Henneman: Rickenbacker Romance and Amplifier Angst

Reuniting with the one that got away, the lifespans of parakeets and the recipe for Instant Keith Richards: http://www.guitarworld.com/bottle-rockets-brian-henneman-rickenbacker-romance-and-amplifier-angst
Let's play now ... we can tune up later.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

B-Rox posted on facebook that the recording of a new album will begin in a couple weeks.

3milelake

Post by 3milelake »

The boys are looking for a little help on the new record....for certain amounts, you can get various things, including your name in liner notes as an executive producer. Such a great band...I went all in...

http://undertowstore.com/collections/package-deals

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

3milelake wrote:The boys are looking for a little help on the new record....for certain amounts, you can get various things, including your name in liner notes as an executive producer. Such a great band...I went all in...

Interesting that the pkg doesn't include the album. Don't think I've seen that before (not complaining just observing, and good on them for making it crystal clear). My sense is that this isn't subject to any defined fundraising goal - when you pay, they get the money. Is that right? I'm not concerned because of the people involved and because I assume the album will be made w/ or w/out my contribution but i do prefer the controls/limits that come w/, e.g, a kickstarter campaign.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

They have already completed part of the record and are going back in studio next week in St. Louis.

Clams

Post by Clams »

3milelake wrote:The boys are looking for a little help on the new record....for certain amounts, you can get various things, including your name in liner notes as an executive producer. Such a great band...I went all in...

Pretty cool that you can get handwritten lyrics for a song of your choice.

3milelake

Post by 3milelake »

Clams wrote:

Yes, that & the autographed drumhead will be nice additions to my music room.

Clams

Post by Clams »

3milelake wrote:
Clams wrote:

Yes, that & the autographed drumhead will be nice additions to my music room.

What song you gonna ask for?

3milelake

Post by 3milelake »

Many possibilities, when push comes to shove, likely Welfare Music (wife gets a vote here too)...it's too iconic not to select, but off the board & so not fans' choice, I'm considering Man of Constant Anxiety, from Blue Sky. For whatever reason, that song has been killing me the last 6 months with its rockabilly backbeat, thumping drums, funny lyrics and constant riffing.....and it's just an everyman song to boot.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

3milelake wrote:Many possibilities, when push comes to shove, likely Welfare Music (wife gets a vote here too)...it's too iconic not to select, but off the board & so not fans' choice, I'm considering Man of Constant Anxiety, from Blue Sky. For whatever reason, that song has been killing me the last 6 months with its rockabilly backbeat, thumping drums, funny lyrics and constant riffing.....and it's just an everyman song to boot.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Brian is responsible for the lyrics in Welfare Music. I think he put music to the lyrics.

Clams

Post by Clams »

How about Queen of the World and you could ask him to dedicate it to your wife

3milelake

Post by 3milelake »

jr29 wrote:
3milelake wrote:Many possibilities, when push comes to shove, likely Welfare Music (wife gets a vote here too)...it's too iconic not to select, but off the board & so not fans' choice, I'm considering Man of Constant Anxiety, from Blue Sky. For whatever reason, that song has been killing me the last 6 months with its rockabilly backbeat, thumping drums, funny lyrics and constant riffing.....and it's just an everyman song to boot.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Brian is responsible for the lyrics in Welfare Music. I think he put music to the lyrics.

...I'm ok with that...wouldn't spoil a thing....pick is still up in the air...

jr29

Post by jr29 »

3milelake wrote:
jr29 wrote:

...I'm ok with that...wouldn't spoil a thing....pick is still up in the air...

It wouldn't be a big thing for me either. I have just always thought that was an interesting side note in the B-Rox story. There have been several good writers in the band's history.
I am probably gonna be getting in on the executive producer thing too. I believe the executive producer deluxe package( which is where you get the lyric sheet) offer is over. I would probably have to choose "Kerosene" if I had purchased that package.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I'm feeling a sudden urge to smoke a big cigar and drive a cadillac car.

Yes, I am now an executive producer. That's Mr. Bubba to you.

3milelake

Post by 3milelake »

Presumably a track off the forthcoming album. Big Lots of Love

jr29

Post by jr29 »

3milelake wrote:Presumably a track off the forthcoming album. Big Lots of Love

Yep. I actually saw them perform that song live a couple times last summer. So far I have heard that song, "Monday", and "Building Chryslers" live. All should be on the new one.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

If this new album ends up with a grammy nomination will I be invited to the awards ceremony or anything ? I am, after all, now an executive producer.
I believe that makes 3, 4 , 5 of us on this board.

3milelake

Post by 3milelake »

From Facebook: (This would be awesome to host or go to)

Hey east coast friends... we need help filling in January 27 and 28 with Living Room Shows that route between Natick MA and Sellersville PA.
Ideal areas... Southern MA, Connecticut, New York City area, New Jersey, Pennsylvania.
Please read everything below and get in touch if you live in those areas and would like to host a show. Contact info at the end of this post.
Deadline for submissions is Monday January 12.
Tickets will go on Sale Wednesday, January 14.
We'll go through all the emails and figure which one works best. If we can't make it to your house this time, we'll keep your info for the next round of living room shows.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house or loft space that can comfortably and safely host 45-50 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other interior space would be ideal. Sorry, we can't do these shows outside. There needs to be enough parking nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You should probably not do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord. It would be great if you had some seating available... couches, folding chairs, etc. But not required. If no seating is available then we'll let people know it's floor seating or standing.
2. The shows will not be open to the public and no tickets will be sold at the door. We will pre-sell a set number of tickets for each show on the Bottle Rockets website before the show. Be realistic on how many people your space can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. We've found that 45-50 people is what the average living room can hold. Ticket price will be $25.
3. We will provide you with a detailed list of everyone who will be coming to the show. The host won’t have to deal with any money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive.
4. The host gets 5 additional free tickets for the show for friends. If you have other friends who want to come to the show you can direct them to the link to buy tickets on-line.
5. You don’t need any sort of sound system. All you need is 4 chairs for the band to sit on. A small table and lamp would be nice too.
6. Your home address will not be published on the web and will only be given to those people who purchase tickets.
7. The shows will not be promoted or advertised anywhere except our websites and word-of-mouth.
8. There will be no opening acts on the living room shows.
If you are interested, please follow these steps:
1. email bob@undertowmusic.com with all of these things:
- a. your address
- b. a few photos of your living room
- c. IMPORTANT: please put Bottle Rockets Living Room Show and the name of your town in the subject line of your email so it can get past our spam filter.
2. sit tight and we'll get back to as soon as possible.
Thanks for your help!

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

jr29 wrote:If this new album ends up with a grammy nomination will I be invited to the awards ceremony or anything ? I am, after all, now an executive producer.

6 :D
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

PeterJ wrote:
jr29 wrote:If this new album ends up with a grammy nomination will I be invited to the awards ceremony or anything ? I am, after all, now an executive producer.

6 :D

7 8-)
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Clams

Post by Clams »

B-Rox covering Petty last week...

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Clams wrote:B-Rox covering Petty last week...

They covered that when I saw them in St. Louis in November. It was great.

Clams

Post by Clams »

3milelake wrote:From Facebook: (This would be awesome to host or go to)

Hey east coast friends... we need help filling in January 27 and 28 with Living Room Shows that route between Natick MA and Sellersville PA.
Ideal areas... Southern MA, Connecticut, New York City area, New Jersey, Pennsylvania.
Please read everything below and get in touch if you live in those areas and would like to host a show.

Well looks like they're set with those living room shows:
Tues Jan 27 in Metuchen NJ
Weds Jan 28 in Southampton, PA
http://www.bottlerocketsmusic.com/tour-dates/

need to check the calendar at home tonight - Southampton is about 45 mins away and I'd really like to catch that show.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Clams wrote:Well looks like they're set with those living room shows:
Tues Jan 27 in Metuchen NJ
Weds Jan 28 in Southampton, PA
http://www.bottlerocketsmusic.com/tour-dates/

IN for the Jan. 28 living room how. This will be my first time seeing the B Rox, so I'm stoked for this one!!

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

In for the NJ show. My first time also.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

House shows are Brian Henneman storytellers. I have been to two and one was 50/50 talking/music. The other was probably 70% music. Both were great.