Do Music-Lovers Still Need Record Stores?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Do Music-Lovers Still Need Record Stores?

Post by Clams »

Interesting article
http://www.theatlantic.com/culture/arch ... res/39483/

Most people who walked into a music store on Saturday, April 17 were checking out Record Store Day. Independent store owners put the holiday into motion in 2007, and the promotion has since spread to over 700 small-fry shops around the United States. This year, most stores celebrated the day with a good deal of fanfare: limited RSD albums, fat discounts, and in-store concerts featuring the likes of The Smashing Pumpkins, Yo La Tengo, and Drive-By Truckers.

Me, I walked into a music store on Saturday, April 17 for experiment's sake. I'm all for the basic philosophy of RSD, for recognizing the corner shop as a vibrant cornerstone of musical conversation and enlightenment. But, really, is that still what my record shops are about? And I walked into a music store on Sunday, April 18th, to continue my experiment. After the limited-edition clear vinyl releases sell out and the bands get their gear out of the crowded store corners, what happens on the day after Record Store Day?

Used to be, I had a great relationship with my favorite stores. I'd talk up the clerks, pick through the crates of new and used vinyl, and hang around long enough to ask just what the hell song was playing on the shop's PA. I was that guy at the store; when I got mistaken as a clerk once, I played along for a minute.

Many of those shops have since closed, moved, or downsized. Every town seems to have a closed-store story these days--bills piled up, or the landlord killed the lease in favor of another tenant--which means every town has lost at least one music-picking genius. Conveniently, my favorite source now works his music-wise magic on an iPod at while tending bar. (If the pub's too loud, he'll hold the iPod screen to my face so I can scrawl the band name on a napkin.)

Two years have passed since my record store heyday. That means even without a bartender's suggestions, I've since adjusted. I can fake being a record store clerk more easily than ever, but instead of listening to promo CDs from a box behind a store counter, I can pick through free MP3s on blogs, BitTorrent sites, and my friends' USB sticks. I'm the kind who likes setting aside a night or two a week to find musical gems online--the way a bored clerk would during an eight-hour shift, I suppose.

As a result, I no longer shop at music stores as often. When I do, I tend to know what I want and walk right to the associated rack. Yet I still linger around, not just to browse but also to hope that conversations will bubble up with a clerk or another customer--"Have you read the 33 1/3 book about that record?" a doughy, early-30s guy might say as I finger a Big Star record. Yet in spite of everybody around, nobody interacts. We may as well have our eyes glued to computer screens in a coffee shop.

Sam Machkovech
I went to Easy Street Records in Seattle on Record Store Day, and the place was packed. RSD placards littered the CD and vinyl racks, mostly advertising the shop's 10 percent sale on all albums but also showing quotes from musicians about their favorite record stores. Some were long-winded (Henry Rollins, Robyn Hitchcock), calling their favorite shops "libraries" and "gathering places" that rivaled anything a Wal-Mart or Target could offer. Others were more succinct; country musician Shelby Lynne won out with the proclamation, "You can't roll a joint on an iPod; buy vinyl!"

The stories got my full attention, but after the 10th one, I rolled my eyes. Touting the glory of an indie record store within an indie record store? Who are the stores trying to convince here? At Easy Street, I found a lot of things: customers, albums, discounts, T-shirts, vinyl, little recommendation cards attached to listening stations, and so on. But I couldn't find most of the RSD-specific, limited-edition merchandise I'd heard about--not the Built To Spill 7" vinyl; not the bizarre Weezer RSD EP, complete with a Kenny G duet (??); not even the limited offering from rising Seattle pop-rock outfit Telekinesis.

Nor could I find a helpful staffer. Three clerks manned the register, and with so many shoppers that day, I didn't blame 'em. The other clerks I saw camped out at the used CD kiosk, gabbing with a doughy, early-30s guy and giving me a snooty look as I approached.

I could have interrupted with an "excuse me," but after picking through the racks a second time and finding nothing, I assumed every RSD release I wanted was sold out. So, I went home and downloaded free copies of every RSD album I wanted. My computer responded with neither awkward interruptions nor snooty looks.

Actually, I grabbed one thing from Easy Street that afternoon: a copy of the free weekly paper, which had an interview with RSD co-founder Eric Levin assailing the film High Fidelity for giving local record shops an elitist reputation.

"We've never had anything like the fiction presented by Jack Black," [Levin] says. "In many ways, High Fidelity's one of the reasons we started Record Store Day. It did a lot of damage."

I laughed when I saw that quote. Man, I wish I could go to a record store these days and expect a Jack Black-level of interaction with a clerk.

To prove my point, I took a friend with me on the day after Record Store Day to a competing store for a good 20 minutes. We, along with five other customers, picked through records, looked at magazines, eyed the toy bin suspiciously, and did anything else that would make us look confused or wayward. The store's sole clerk didn't acknowledge us.

I eventually took the initiative, mostly because I noticed a huge poster for the Baltimore rock duo Wye Oak. The band was coming to town in a week for a concert, it said, and conveniently, a friend had just recommended their 2009 album off Merge Records. I approached the clerk, who stood in front of that poster, and asked if she had a Wye Oak CD I could listen to. The clerk looked befuddled. I repeated the band name.

"Could you spell that?" she asked. I resisted the urge to rip the poster off the counter and hold it up, instead spelling it out, and thankfully, she had a copy of The Knot handy along a rack of hundreds of promo CDs. Boy, was the disc pretty--if the female-fronted, morphine-drip Americana of Low took on some of the urgency and bleeding-guitar tricks of Autolux. I had to have it.

I can't say I'd have bought the CD if I'd hadn't listened to it at a spacious store's listening kiosk or hadn't been reminded by the gig poster. A MySpace listen doesn't always translate to an iTunes spree. And to the store's credit, beyond that promo CD selection, it devoted a listening station to bands coming to town for the next month, which is the kind of hyper-local content I expect a store to deliver. I appreciated some of the tactility I found on Day After Record Store Day. But ultimately, my experience was an awkward take on what I could have dug up on a computer instead.

Where does the independent music store fit into the average music-listener's song-buying pattern? The freshest stats freely available pegged independent shops with less than 28 percent of 2008 music sales, while iTunes, Amazon, and major brick-and-mortar retailers (Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, etc.) divvied up the rest. With that in mind, I appreciate RSD as a means of getting the attention of big-box shoppers. After all, the only thing that seems more archaic to me than buying a CD is buying one next to the Monster Cable stand at Best Buy.

Again, thumbs up to Levin and the rest of RSD's people. Now, can we talk about the days after Record Store Day? These are days that fail to cater to customers outside the "indie" pantheon of rock, "roots" (NOT country), jazz remasters, and a scant percentage of hip-hop and turntablism; days that don't approach customers old and new with conversations; days that don't ask "Can I help you find anything?"

Good stores are out there, and even the most smug shops I've been to in the past decade still offer, at the bare minimum, a curated selection of great, classic music. Maybe my report shouldn't be so snobby; just ten years ago, I'd certainly have no choice but to pipe up at a crowded record store and demand help finding that limited edition album I wanted so badly. With online access comes impatience.

Still, the onus of responsibility lies on record stores' shoulders, especially if they're putting on promotions like Record Store Day to drive in customers. The day after Record Store Day has a bad reputation for a good reason. My friend who joined my experiment, a casual music fan who doesn't buy music at Best Buy, gave me a one-word review of her experience with me: "Boring." She looked at the racks with a blank stare, not knowing much about the artists and finding the little handwritten notes insufficient proof of the quality. It's not that she didn't want to buy anything; she just didn't know where to start.

The next day, I ripped my Wye Oak CD to my iPod and gave her the CD. She loved the recommendation. She'd love many, many more.
If you don't run you rust

joelle

Re: Do Music-Lovers Still Need Record Stores?

Post by joelle »

thread title: do music-lovers still need record stores?
answer: yes.
did the writer of the article go to a shitty store?
answer : yes.
that's all i got

(* oh and, he 'fingered' a BIg Star record? blasphemy indeed! hope he at least bought it )

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

joelle wrote:he 'fingered' a BIg Star record?

Does that make him ghey?
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Mr. Boh

Post by Mr. Boh »

cortez the killer wrote:

Does that make him ghey?

not as gay as when ya finger your ass!

joelle

Post by joelle »

cortez the killer wrote:

Does that make him ghey?

there is nothing NOT to love about alex chilton, so perhaps...
but i was thinking, simply, it meant he may have good taste...
it really all depends on if he brought up to the 'doughy' counter help, took it home and got it done 8-)
or left it in the bin anti'climactically'

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

This writer is showing the same kind of cynicism that I was starting to hear fifteen years ago when I still had my two record stores open. Did he have a bad experience? Sure, but that's no reason to ever give up. I have none within fifty miles and it's a treat to go to Chicago, Madison or some other town when I'm on the road and experience a real local record store. Taking them for granted is what got us here to begin with. Nine times out of ten the owners and employees love music and want to share that with you. No one at Amazon, or Itunes or even Best Buy feel that way. They might as well be selling turd sculptures for all they care. Stop the cynicism. Shop local record stores when you can.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

scotto

Post by scotto »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Stop the cynicism. Shop local record stores when you can.

Nice. I'd almost buy that if it were a bumpersticker.
I order lots and lots of music online, from artists' own sites, reputable and knowledgeable audio and record dealers, the occasional used and collectable seller, and, once in a blue moon, Ebay.
The internet is a wonderful place for finding that once-elusive rarity or learning about stuff that you'd never hear about otherwise, or getting new releases that your local store may not be able to stock.
That said, I still need regular trips to a real-life store.
It's easy to let the hype and hipper-than-thou attitudes color your experiences, or to get seduced by the point-and-click convenience of online shopping, but there's still nothing like flipping through actual bins of actual records in actual stores.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

I have some pretty strong feelings about this type of stuff. I barely use my ipod, just when I am cutting grass really or traveling on a plane, and sometimes if out camping or in the backyard around the firepit I set it up with some speakers, mainly the convenience of it. Other than that I really dont use it much. At home I listen to vinyl. 100% of the time. Cant get that at walmart or online. In my car I listen to radio mostly, we have a great public radio station(88.7, WNCW) that I support, but also listen to live shows I burn to cd. I think you have to define what type of music fan you are. If you care about the quality of the recording, the sound, the intruments etc., you dont mess around with mp3's that much. But if all you care about is having a ton of songs at your disposal on a little box through ear buds or headphones or on your computer through some crappy computer speakers, then mp3s work fine for you. If you could careless about supporting a local business and the great people you find at record stores and the great events they put on like Harvest Records having DBT and Langhorne Slim play in the parking lot(which was one of the coolest record store in/out stores I have been to), then just fire up the old computer and hop onto the interweb. And the record stores in my area, people do chat with each other. I have had many conversations with the people behind the counters. Now I do use mp3's and my computer to test listen new bands I havent heard before, but then i go to the record store to pick up the album. I also download lots of live shows, you cant get those at a record store. And buy the vinyl, usually it comes with a free mp3 download of the album, which I then put on my ipod. But this isnt really about why vinyl is better than mp3's, just throwing in my 2 sense.

But, for example, I have been looking for a certain out of print album for about a year now. I have been to record stores all over trying to find it, at least 25 stores checking to see if they might have a copy on vinyl in the used section. No luck whatsoever. Had many conversations with the lovely people behind the counters about that album and plenty others. Last weekend I was in Atlanta and stopped by criminal records and was browsing the used section and POW, there it was. And only 10 bucks, and in great condition. I felt like a little kid on christmas, i was buzzed all evening. It wasnt anything classic, wasnt one of the best albums ever released, not even my favorite in my collection, but I was still juiced that I found it. I could have gone right to itunes(or a torrent site for free) the first day i thought about finding it, hit download and had it. I probably wouldnt even be listening to it right now, a year later, would just be buried in my itunes with 10,000 other songs I barely listen to. But everytime I bring out the vinyl, ill remember how long it took me to find it and ill play that album a lot more than if it was on my computer. People that frequent record stores understand what I am talking about, and understand why they are important. People that just use computers and ipods as there primary listening tool have no idea what I am talking about. Do music fans need record stores, no, do music lovers need record stores, hell yeah!

Do comic book lovers need comic book stores? You can read the whole comic book online, why buy it? What about bookstores? Just get a kindle.

Also showing up at a record store on there busiest day of the year and expecting personal service is pretty dumb. And I would say that the article says more about Seattle than record stores if no one is in the mood to talk. The stores I frequent, the people behind the counter are all about chatting up a customer, but I do live in the south. You get chatted up anywhere. I think the author(s) are the problem here and not the record stores. He said it best, out society is impatient and wants instant gratification. Sure he was able to download the album when he wanted, but I dont think they realize that there is a difference in quality when you download off of a computer. It would be great to have a pro record store author write a response to this. And another thing, limited edition means not every joe blow who walks into a record store on record store day gets a copy. Its like, hey only 300 were released all over the country, why didnt I get my copy. Anyways, sorry to ramble.

scotto

Post by scotto »

Jeremy wrote:Also showing up at a record store on there busiest day of the year and expecting personal service is pretty dumb. And I would say that the article says more about Seattle than record stores if no one is in the mood to talk.

Exactly.
Great post.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Yes, music lovers need "record stores", in quotes meaning the kind of stores the folks above describe, mostly nostalgically if not quite fictionally, but if there are any, i sure don't know where they are.

There are still a couple of old fashioned used record stores in this area, but since i dont buy vinyl anymore, i dont shop those places. But i do (or did until recently) buy tons of cd's and i've more or less given up on the local stores, and i'm only talking about real, local stores - i dont shop the big boxes and never have. The locals that i'm aware of continue to de-emphasize music (smaller and smaller amt of square footage devoted to music), have less and less inventory of an ever narrower musical range and seem to hire based largely on the unpleasantness and lack of knowledge and interest of the clerks. I mean, you'd think if i'm in the store every damn tuesday more often then not spending over a hundred bucks, i'd eventually get SOMEONE to at least nod a hello. Or you'd think if i'm standing there w/ a stack of 10 cd's and am obviously looking for more, SOMEBODY would ask if i need help. Or you'd think that if i ask a question displaying at least some knowledge of or interest in music it would generate more than a yes or no answer ("Do you have time bomb high school by reigning sound?" "Is that r-a-i-n?" ...clickclickclick, no we haven't carried that for at least 2 years [u moronic old fuck][turns away to handle some undoubtedly crucial task like folding tshirts]). Or, me, looking at the board of upcoming releases: "There's a new peter wolf coming out?! Wow, i hadn't heard that." Clerk, looking at board: "yep, that's what it says" [u moronic old fuck]. The relative best of these exchanges, at least involving some spark of a pulse was me asking whether they had the new album by The Weight: "How do u spell that, like the Band song?" I mean, at least she made a musical reference. I was thrilled, like being offered a glass of ice water in the desert.

You might say i'm discouraged, but it's a matter of experience, not cynicism.

As for RSD, I posted about that on 9B: I don't understand what's to be gained by offering rarities that you inevitably won't have in stock, or taking those rarities and selling them for jacked up prices on line (!). Great idea, or at least motivated by a great impulse, but to me it's gone well off the rails and is not really helping the stores long term. And to say that Hi Fidelity is the problem (or even a part of the problem) is absurd. I don't know a person who doesn't wish they had a store like that near them.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Reasons Why Record Stores Matter

1: They are still the place where local musicians kill time on a Saturday afternoon shooting the shit. Musical Instrument shop owners get impatient with musicians playing Les Pauls they have no intention of buying, but record store clerks like the fact that musicians are hanging around. So, if your bass player decided to skip town just mention to the record store clerk that there is an opening in your band. The word will get around.

2: Used vinyl is the most cost effective way of acquiring music. Just yesterday I bought a copy of Damn the Torpedos in very good condition for two dollars. (Don't know what happened to my original copy of the album, just know that last month when I went to play it I couldn't find it.) Now, nine songs on an ipod versus $9.00 minimum for a new cd versus $5.00 on a used cd.

3: A local record store will be the one place that will put up posters for your upcoming gigs.

4: Music crazy 15 year olds need a place to hang out and learn what music is cool and what isn't. They need a place to find like minded kin from two towns over. This is how bands are formed. One fifteen year old who is crazy about The Replacements hears from the clerk that there is another kid two towns away who also loves the band. One day after school the two kids meet in the shop. They decide to form a band together. Sorry, but this doesn't happen on Facebook.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

scotto

Post by scotto »

I met my wife in a used record store.
There.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

RevMatt wrote:Reasons Why Record Stores Matter

1: They are still the place where local musicians kill time on a Saturday afternoon shooting the shit. Musical Instrument shop owners get impatient with musicians playing Les Pauls they have no intention of buying, but record store clerks like the fact that musicians are hanging around. So, if your bass player decided to skip town just mention to the record store clerk that there is an opening in your band. The word will get around.

2: Used vinyl is the most cost effective way of acquiring music. Just yesterday I bought a copy of Damn the Torpedos in very good condition for two dollars. (Don't know what happened to my original copy of the album, just know that last month when I went to play it I couldn't find it.) Now, nine songs on an ipod versus $9.00 minimum for a new cd versus $5.00 on a used cd.

3: A local record store will be the one place that will put up posters for your upcoming gigs.

4: Music crazy 15 year olds need a place to hang out and learn what music is cool and what isn't. They need a place to find like minded kin from two towns over. This is how bands are formed. One fifteen year old who is crazy about The Replacements hears from the clerk that there is another kid two towns away who also loves the band. One day after school the two kids meet in the shop. They decide to form a band together. Sorry, but this doesn't happen on Facebook.

Right on!

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

Yes, we do.
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

scotto wrote:I met my wife in a used record store.
There.

Ding ding!! we have a winner!

thats awesome
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

There.

Who was she with at the time?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

scotto

Post by scotto »

beantownbubba wrote:
There.

Who was she with at the time?

Haw. Good one.
She was a clerk; I was a customer. The rest, as they say, is history.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

LOVE some record stores I been to - never been a RS regular, cuz the only one close to here has only been here about 5 years and its first and foremost a head shop - I've made journeys to out of town record stores just to go in there and feel like I'm a room with a bunch of fuxking snobs paying attention to locals and looking at me like I'm gonna fucking steal something, not the open-minded generosity that I've read about - I dig the record store myth, and I'm sure some of ya'll actually experienced some of the great things I've heard/read about them, but I just never experienced it - I love vinyl, but mine came from either hand-me-downs/pawn shops/flea markets - do I want record stores to go away? Hell no. But I want self-absorbed snobbish hipsters who don't really know half as much about music as I do to go away.

and I don't know shit about music
Last edited by Smitty on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

I get good service generally b/c I am always there. Well not always, but a regular. Ive got a discount card. Spend $200 get $20 off your next purchase deal. Plus I get great ideas from here and emusic and stuff also.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

mhc

Post by mhc »

I love my local record store.
CD Central kicks ass!!!!
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

I grew up going to record stores. Every Sunday we had to go to my Grandma's house so we'd walk to the local store and just thumb through the vinyl. When I saved up enough cash, I would buy records. After I started driving, I was cruising to all the best shops getting the latest punk records and 7". But I am guilty too. I stopped going and now there is no more decent shops. The ones that are still around don't have a lot of what I want. Lots of old punk and english bands. It's the same stuff as when I went there 25 years ago. I have a pretty large collection in the garage but no turntable. Someday I will get it going.

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Love this thread Clams –

The answere is YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like killing time browsing the bins…Back in NOLA when DBT were in town, made it down to The Music Factory on Decatur…..mainly cd’s but a great collection of records upstairs..one of my favorite places in the world...

Lucky to have Academy LPs the next street north of me in the East Village….
Here is list of the last albums I gathered from them:

Blue Oyster Cult – On your feet or on your knees – 1975 –Holland Press - $2.50
Johnny Winter – Nothin’ But The Blues – Demo – 1977 - $3.00
Faces – Snakes And Ladders – 1976 - $3:00
Eddie Hinton – Very Extremely Dangerous – 1978 – Capricorn Records Press- $2:50
(Note: Thanks Patterson and the band for bringing this man’s music back to life. Your dad plays bass on the whole record)
The HooDoo Gurus – Stoneage Romeos – 1984 - $2.50
RY Cooder – The Border – 1982 – $2:50 (Note: Musical Soundtrack from film-w/John Hiatt-Guitars)
Johnny & Edgar Winter – Together – 1976 - – Demo Press-Blue Sky-Nyc - $2:50
The Who – Who Are You – 1978 - $5:00
Hot Tuna – Hot Tuna – 1971 - $2:50

Another great record shop is St. Marks Music (4th Ave b/w 7th & 8th Sts) – cd’s on the first floor and in the basement is loaded with records (which were a buck each) – Found a few gems in the stacks below:

Fabulous Thunderbirds – Hot Number – 1987 – Promo - $1:00
Fabulous Thunderbird – Tuff Enuff – 1986 - $1:00
The Georgia Satellites – Open All Night - $1:00
Jason and the Scorchers – Fervor – 1983 - $1:00
NRBQ – Wild Weekend – 1980 something - $1:00
The J Geils Band – First Album – 1970 - $100
Mason Ruffner – Gypsy Blood – 1987 - $1:00

Then headed back to Academy LPs for these:

Stubborn All-Stars – Open Season – 1995 - $2:50
The Allman Brother Band – Enlightened Rogues – 1979 – Capricorn Records Press - $3:00
Gregg Allman – I’m No Angel – 1987 - $2:50

Saving up some funds for the 4th quarter run -

So yes Clams we all them for peace of mind and exporing our passion and love for all things music - SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RECORD SHOP - :D

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

If not for Schoolkids Records in Raleigh I would have had to order the new Gourds album or else travel to either Chapel Hill or Durham to pick it up at a record store there. Due to development on Hillsborough Street in Raleigh (which has already taken out the nightclub The Brewery in the name of a Kerr Drugs flagship store), Schoolkids (and Sadlack's Heroes, which is adjacent to it) are subject to meet the wrecking ball next to make way for a 5 story hotel. I'm not sure what the fate of Schoolkids will be but hopefully they will relocate. If so, this will be their 5th move on Hillsborough Street since opening. The owner has speculated that he may move the store back to it's original location which would be underground next to the bowling alley. Not only is Schoolkids the last record store in Raleigh, it's the last store left standing in the Schoolkids chain (the one in Athens, GA closed it's doors last month).

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:Not only is Schoolkids the last record store in Raleigh, it's the last store left standing in the Schoolkids chain (the one in Athens, GA closed it's doors last month).

:(

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Thankfully we do have some stores that sell used records, CDs and tapes in Raleigh. There's also CD Alley and All Day Records (all vinyl) in Chapel Hill and Bull City Records and Offbeat Music in Durham, all of whom sell new music.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

joelle wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:

Does that make him ghey?

there is nothing NOT to love about alex chilton'

This quote is T shirt worthy.
Keep calm and have a cigar

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

yes
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

grayotis

Post by grayotis »

Since there isn't a decent record store in a 100 mile radius of my home, and, I still manage to order/download anything I want via internet, I suppose I don't need a record store. However, I miss my local record shops. Times have really changed.

Sub

Post by Sub »

Record stores are a new found pleasure for me and luckily theres a few around here.