The Whigs on Fallon Tonight

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

jdwolf

The Whigs on Fallon Tonight

Post by jdwolf »

A heads up to any fans. I've never heard them but they're a local band for us so I'm going to check them out. I know they're on the ATO label with DBT and they had their CD release party together....
I wasn't born in the south but I got here as soon as I could!!

blackwll

Re: The Whigs on Fallon Tonight

Post by blackwll »

I like the Whigs, although I have not gotten into their latest album yet. I saw them perform before DBT at a festival, and Shonna and EZB were watching from the back of the crowd, enjoying it. Patterson watched from the side of the stage, singing along. Given the number of times they have played together, they must be fans.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Love the Whigs, all 3 albums. Great band with a ton of energy. They opened for DBT a few years back, 08 maybe, and are touring with THS this summer. They write some kick ass songs and play with a ton of emotion. There live shows give DBT a run for there money. ALso there drummer is sick. Esquire has repeatedly named him the best rock n roll drummer around, since Fat Lip came out. Listen to Hundred/Million and you get a small taste. And the lead singer is bad ass in a little bit creep way.

Mr. Boh

Post by Mr. Boh »

These guys are the next LEON I fear.

I really loved the first 2 albums, but the new one sounds very "90s Nickelback wanna be on the radio" to me.

They kicked ass when I saw them on tour for the first record.

When I saw a bunch of their songs in an Ashton Kutcher shitbag movie, I thought "Oh Dear...."

Of course I was hammered on the first listen to the new one, so I'll give it another chance.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Mr. Boh wrote:These guys are the next LEON I fear.

I really loved the first 2 albums, but the new one sounds very "90s Nickelback wanna be on the radio" to me.

They kicked ass when I saw them on tour for the first record.

When I saw a bunch of their songs in an Ashton Kutcher shitbag movie, I thought "Oh Dear...."

Of course I was hammered on the first listen to the new one, so I'll give it another chance.

Yeah, definitely didnt get that vibe,lol. Also didnt notice they were in the Ashton Kutcher movie. It took a few listens, but love it now. "Black Heart inside of me"(not sure if thats the name) is a great tune. Fat lip is a classic though. I love Grace Potter, but some of her songs ended up on The Hills and a couple crappy abc family movies with hilary dooff(sp), so I know what you mean about getting worried about that kind of stuff.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

Jeremy wrote:Image

gat damn, that zip city is one cool mother fucker.

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

Saw The Whigs with DBT in 05; they were good but not enough to make me go buy any of their music unlike The Dexateens (who I got everything i could find right after seeing them with DBT).
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me