Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

chuckrh

Re: Who's Everyone Seeing Live?

Post by chuckrh »

Nice GBV picture. They're going to have to get Bob some sort of hoist for his leg kicks. He's older than me & that's saying something!

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

he needs no assistance. he cranked out three high kicks in just "Romeo Surgeon" and unfortunately I had the wrong lens on and missed 'em all.

the new song sounds great, it's been while since I've been this excited for a new GBV record.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Tyler Childers in Knoxville tonight.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

tinnitus photography wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:29 pm
he needs no assistance. he cranked out three high kicks in just "Romeo Surgeon" and unfortunately I had the wrong lens on and missed 'em all.

the new song sounds great, it's been while since I've been this excited for a new GBV record.
I was kidding. Bob operates at a super human level. Just look at the release schedule/catalog. I'm a longtime fan going back to Bee Thousand & have seen them a lot. The current band is really great.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Tim, GBV used 1 of your pictures on an email regarding presales for the upcoming tour. You were credited.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

https://www.wideopencountry.com/john-me ... h-heckler/

I've seen JCM a few times and can understand his frustration with hecklers. If you think you aren't getting any politics at his show...you haven't been listening for a long time. Lord knows we've seen this with hometown heroes, DBT.

The story reminded me of seeing an early Ryan Adams concert, in a bar/smaller venue a long, long time ago. He played three songs and stormed off after some drunk asshole kept screaming "Summer of 69". At the time, it was funny, maybe a few too many times, but this was certainly a Ryan Adams tantrum. About half the crowd hung back for well more than an hour and he FINALLY came back solo and played for over a hour totally acoustic standing on the bar. All in all a great show. 10 or 20 years later, I heard him ACTUALLY perform Summer of 69, finally giving up and succumbing to the joke.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

tinnitus photography

chuckrh wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:47 am

Tim, GBV used 1 of your pictures on an email regarding presales for the upcoming tour. You were credited.
nice!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

pearlbeer wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:59 pm
https://www.wideopencountry.com/john-me ... h-heckler/

I've seen JCM a few times and can understand his frustration with hecklers. If you think you aren't getting any politics at his show...you haven't been listening for a long time. Lord knows we've seen this with hometown heroes, DBT.

The story reminded me of seeing an early Ryan Adams concert, in a bar/smaller venue a long, long time ago. He played three songs and stormed off after some drunk asshole kept screaming "Summer of 69". At the time, it was funny, maybe a few too many times, but this was certainly a Ryan Adams tantrum. About half the crowd hung back for well more than an hour and he FINALLY came back solo and played for over a hour totally acoustic standing on the bar. All in all a great show. 10 or 20 years later, I heard him ACTUALLY perform Summer of 69, finally giving up and succumbing to the joke.
On the scale of legendary shout outs like "Free Bird," "Whipping Post" and "Summer of 69", Summer of 69 is easily the funniest. Easily the stupidest but not nearly so common were those who shouted for "Dancing in the Dark" at Peter Wolf shows when they meant "Lights Out" (Bruce's Dancing in the Dark was hugely popular at the time).
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:36 pm
chuckrh wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:47 am

nice!
Very cool!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Tonight: Southern Culture of the Skids (my long time crush, Mary Huff)

Show starts at midnite...It's been a lot of years since I've seen them, so I'm going to brave the latenite consequenses.

tinnitus photography

ouch... a midnight start is rough.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

4/20 Earthless/Minami Deutsch - Brooklyn, NY
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

tinnitus photography

Bill in CT wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:20 am
4/20 Earthless/Minami Deutsch - Brooklyn, NY
that show ruled.

i saw that on Tuesday, then Thursday was Cypress Hill/The Pharcyde and then Fri/Sat was Hopsmoker Fest. nice to have a couple nights off!

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Sunday. Stones.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pearlbeer wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:32 am
Sunday. Stones.
Nice! May 15 for me.