Guns N' Roses N' Sturgill Simpson?

Know of a great band you think we'd like to hear about? Got some music news? Or just want to talk about music in general? Post it here.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Guns N' Roses N' Sturgill Simpson?

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Guns N' Roses coming to War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock Aug. 5
Sturgill Simpson will join The Not In This Lifetime Tour with Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan.
Does that strike anyone else as kind of an odd pairing?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Clams

Re: Guns N' Roses N' Sturgill Simpson?

Post by Clams »

Probably a huge payday for Sturgill.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

He's been on the record as saying hearing Appetite for the first time from an older neighbor completely blew him away, which is a common refrain for people his (and my) age. I'm sure, as Clams said, the payday for those 3 shows isn't too shabby either.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:Guns N' Roses coming to War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock Aug. 5
Sturgill Simpson will join The Not In This Lifetime Tour with Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan.
Soundgarden was supposed to open a bunch of dates for them, so he may be a fill-in
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Zip City wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:Guns N' Roses coming to War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock Aug. 5
Soundgarden was supposed to open a bunch of dates for them, so he may be a fill-in
Makes sense. I wasn't thinking in terms of the bands being an odd pairing in and of themselves. I was wondering what the average GnR fan would think of it.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be