Live at Plan 9 Records on 2006-07-13

Looking for a recording of the Rock Show? Got a recording to share? Look here for all your live show recording needs.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

potatoeater

Live at Plan 9 Records on 2006-07-13

Post by potatoeater »

Plan 9 25th Anniversary Concert and benefit for the Harvey Family Memorial

This doesn't seem to posted anywhere here so I wanted to create a record of it on the forum. This is a live show that I go to often. The fact that it was sourced from the mixer is one reason. The other is the fact that it was such a special night and for a cause important to the Truckers, so the show is one of the best classic DBT performances ever. I have copied the texts below from the videos of the show posted by [BurningShoreProphet . OG] on YouTube.

https://archive.org/details/dbt2006-07-13
Drive-By Truckers
"Plan 9 25th Anniversary Concert and benefit for the Harvey Family Memorial Endowment"
July 13, 2006
Plan 9 Records
Richmond,VA

***Under Law of Fair Use. For educational purposes only. No copyrights infringements intended***
~Never Buy Or Sell Live Music Recordings/Videos!

THANK YOU to the Many people who made and shared the video from this amazing night!

***Sources:
Audio: Multi-track soundboard recording
Video: (This is a 2 cam shoot for the first 28 min. The third cam kicks in partway through Sinkhole).
Standard Definition Mini DV (3 cams)-- Firewire -- Sony Vegas Pro 8 (editing and audio sync) -- Sony DVD Architect 5 -- DVD. -Youtube uploads: DVD videos split, and converted to individual mpegs via AVS Video Editor (v.5.2.2.173).
***Credits: Cast of Characters: Matt Defilippis, Ryan Dowd, Jim Bland, Dave McMillian, Kelly Wilkes, Rob Sheely; Master of Ceremonies: Jay Leavett; Multi-track soundboard recording by Bill McElroy; Edited and compiled by Mark Lynn; Team Richmond Video Crew: Donny Atkins, Walter Hume, Mark Lynn, Ryan Dowd.

~Setlist~
1. Intro
2. Tales Facing Up
3. One Of These Days
4. Easy On Yourself
5. Feb 14
6. Gravity's Gone
7. Sinkhole
8. Outfit
9. My Sweet Annette
10. Marry Me
11. Aftermath USA
12. Jay
13. A World Of Hurt
14. Why Henry Drinks
15. John Henry
16. Wednesday
17. Happy Birthday Ross
18. Shut Up And Get On The Plane
19. Ronnie and Neil
20. Moonlight Mile
21. Let There Be Rock
Encores
22. Nine Bullets
23. Zip City
24. Goddamned Lonely Love
25. 18 Wheels Of Love
26. Daddy's Cup
27. Decoration Day
28. Lookout Mountain

DBT 2006 lineup:
Mike Cooley
Patterson Hood
Jason Isbell
John Neff
The Ezy B
Shonna Tucker

STORYLINE...
A classic night of DBT that will never be repeated.

On January 1, 2006 the city of Richmond,VA was devastated by the murder of the Harvey Family. It was particularly staggering for the DBT community of Richmond to lose such dear friends. As I'm sure you're all aware, "Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife" was inspired by the events. Fast forward to July. The band is opening for the Black Crowes and are itching to play a real rock show. A benefit is planned for the Harvey Family which also coincides with the 25th anniversary of Plan 9 Records. So on July 13, something beyond your wildest imagination takes place. DBT plays a full rock show in a record store. On that night, Mark Lynn put together yet another incarnation of Team Richmond, and documented the event on video with 3 cameras. Here is that once in a lifetime magical night.

Thanks to the generosity of many, this historic documentation is being made available. The Harvey Family Memorial Endowment is active. We are asking that anyone who downloads this to consider making a donation

"At the request of family and friends, The Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central Virginia has created the Bryan and Kathryn Harvey Family Memorial Endowment. The Fund is established in memory of Bryan, Kathryn, Stella and Ruby Harvey and will be advised by a committee of their family and friends. Bryan and Kathryn shared a love of music and art, and they were known to their family and friends as kind and generous people. Thus, it is appropriate that the purpose of the Bryan and Kathryn Harvey Family Memorial Endowment is to provide music, visual art and performing arts enrichment in the Richmond area, which may include but is not limited to educational scholarships."

Donations may be made here:

http://www.tcfrichmond.org/page27484.cfm

When you get to this page, you will see a drop down box at the top. Select the Harvey Family Endowment. A little further down you'll see "This gift in honor of". Check the box and type in DBT/Plan 9

http://www.drivebytruckers.com
http://www.ninebullets.org
http://www.bryanandkathrynharvey.net
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

211poundsofpork

Re: Live at Plan 9 Records on 2006-07-13

Post by 211poundsofpork »

I have posted about 7/13/06 in the past: the sound, the song selection, the playing... This one is indeed a gem. If I had the capability to share this recording, I would. Love it. Thanks to potatoeater and his renaissance on this board of late, more 3DD'ers can listen to this tasty beast!

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

I appreciate the thanks, pork. I was not active on the forum for a good long while for personal reasons. I am doing what I can to get back in the middle of it. This recording was just posted on the Archive last year. I just shared the link. Big thanks to those who recorded it and Mark Lynn for mixing and editing it. Like I have said before I rely on these recordings because traveling to shows just isn't possible anymore with a family to provide for. I go to the close ones, that's it. I am looking forward to the Red Rocks stream tonight and plan to do Atlanta in November and hopefully they will have a Chattanooga date posted sometime in the near future.
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

Clams

Post by Clams »

211poundsofpork wrote: Thanks to potatoeater and his renaissance on this board of late,
Agree. The spud-man is earning his keep 'round here these days.

Btw do I recall a video of this Plan 9 show? (Or could be I'm thinking of a different show).
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Clams wrote: Btw do I recall a video of this Plan 9 show? (Or could be I'm thinking of a different show).
No, it was this one; the video used to be on YouTube but not sure if it still is.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

Smitty wrote:
Clams wrote: Btw do I recall a video of this Plan 9 show? (Or could be I'm thinking of a different show).
No, it was this one; the video used to be on YouTube but not sure if it still is.
The video(s) are still on there. Posted by the user I mentioned in the original post.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

does this one have a few lines of Levelland at the beginning of Outfit?
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

Smitty wrote:does this one have a few lines of Levelland at the beginning of Outfit?
Not this one.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

the video of this gets played in our house as often as possible.......which isn't often enough
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

I have this in DVD. Classic.