Drive By Truckers-2013-03-15 - Port Chester, NY @ The Cap

Looking for a recording of the Rock Show? Got a recording to share? Look here for all your live show recording needs.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Howlinwolf

Drive By Truckers-2013-03-15 - Port Chester, NY @ The Cap

Post by Howlinwolf »

Hey y'all -

The recording of this great show is here: http://www.nyctaper.com/

You have to scroll down the page to find the MP3/FLAC -

Here is the write up stolen from the site:

A Drive By Truckers concert can be an exhausting and exhilarating experience. The show is jam-packed with superb material — songs filled with emotion, humor and expert storytelling. At the Capitol Theatre in Portchester on Friday night, DBT played one of the longest shows we’ve seen in years, not just in time but also in just pure music. The set was almost continuous, no banter, no tuning, no messing around. And at a full two and half hours, twenty seven songs and forty-minute, 9 song encore, it was exhausting. A good portion of the partying weekend crowd did not make it to the end. But for those who stuck it out, it was also a rewarding show. DBT can never be accused of giving anything less than 100% and Friday was no exception. The band was engaging and energetic and the highlights were a plenty. We’re streaming “Let There Be Rock”, which features a mix of all that makes Drive By Truckers great.

I recorded this show in the assigned taping spot in this venue, behind the soundboard and dead center. Although we’d prefer to be about 20 feet further up, this spot does offer decent sound and much of the conveniences of this excellent venue. The recording has some flaws, crowd chatter among them, but overall its a fine listen. Enjoy!

Yaz Rock

Re: Drive By Truckers-2013-03-15 - Port Chester, NY @ The Ca

Post by Yaz Rock »

For the completist, I too taped the show and I am offering my copy up here. It's a bit "brighter" than the NYC Taper copy. Feel free to archive this somewhere in any format.

My copy is missing the first 2.5 songs. I went for the Old 97s and stayed for the Drive By Truckers. I understand this was one of the shows if not the show of the recent tour to be at. I hope to catch them again. I never heard their stuff before ever. I admit to being partial to the Cooley songs but the Patterson songs were more "anthemic." My favorite was Self Destructive Zones.

Here is a link to an MP3 sample

The download links are bolded below. These are wetransfer links and they will expire April 11.

I forgot to include a text file so all the info is below.

Enjoy =)

Rob

DRIVE BY TRUCKERS – MARCH 15, 2013
CAPITOL THEATER, PORT CHESTER, NY

DISC ONE
01. Why Henry Drinks (cuts in)
02. Women Without Whiskey
03. Used To Be a Cop
04. Where the Devil Don’t Stay
05. Tornadoes
06. Sounds Better in the Song
07. Puttin’ People on the Moon
08. Self Destructive Zones
09. Don’t Be In Love Around Me
10. Birthday Boy
11. Girls Who Smoke
12. Three Dimes Down
13. Sinkhole
14. Uncle Frank

(Missing fist two songs of the concert)

Files (688 MB total)
DBT 2013-0315 - FLAC - Part 1.rar

Download link
http://we.tl/pTl2QJCZ2e

DISC TWO
01. Hell No I Ain’t Happy
02. (Encore Break)
03. Gravity’s Gone
04. The Night GG Allin Came to Town
05. Panties in Your Purse
06. Let There Be Rock
07. Marry Me
08. Ronnie and Neal
09. Zip City
10. Shut Up and Get On the Plane
11. Angels and Fuselage

Files (510 MB total)
DBT 2013-0315 - FLAC - Part 2.rar

Download link
http://we.tl/5QliCag7KH

Recorded with Edirol / Roland R-09HR digital recorder and Sony ECM-719 microphone.