Killers of the Flower Moon

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Killers of the Flower Moon

Post by Zip City »

Jason briefly shows up in the latest TV ad for this new Scorsese picture

Can't find the clip online, but I'll post if/when I do
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Beaverdam

Re: Killers of the Flower Moon

Post by Beaverdam »

I had really hoped to see this one in theaters. I get interested in a movie once in a blue moon whereas my wife wants to go more often than I; however, I really wanted to see this movie. I’m kicking myself for missing this one.

Did any of y’all see it?

Thoughts???

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

It was awesome. A little long, but if not a pantheon Scorsese flick, certainly in the upper range.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

I’m finally getting to watch on streaming. I’m at home with snow, and my family has a nasty stomach bug, but as the last one standing, it felt like a great time to plop my ass on the couch.

I’m about an hour into the movie, and the story is enthralling, but I’m equally captivated by watching isbell on the big screen. Like many of you, I remember watching him in clubs years ago with only a few people.

Isbell!

Here, here!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Jason's part is much bigger than I thought it would be. Hard to believe but he legit held his own in this scene with Leo.
If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Finally got around to seeing this one. Even having read the book I still found the story incredible and painfully intense. I'm not sure it had to be as long as it is but there can't be any doubt that Scorsese knows how to make movies. Highly recommended but you may want to lock the whiskey cabinet or weed drawer before you start: It's amazing how awful we human beings can be to each other.

The acting was unsurprisingly great throughout but even so, I thought De Niro stole the show. He just eats up the screen, even now. But our boy Jason more than held his own. An impressive debut. Anybody know how he got hooked up w/ this role? Is Scorsese an Isbell and/or Truckers fan?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard