Jason's Gainesville show

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Jason's Gainesville show

Post by Swamp »

Last Tuesday we had planned on seeing Jason at Mojo's Bar B Q in Jax Beach but somethin
I had for lunch f-up my stomach. So we went to Gainesville the next night. They played
a place called :08 (8 seconds) and yes they had a mechanical bull. Where's Bovine when
you need him? The whole time the opening act was on, Whiskey Co., all I could think
about was "The Opening Act"
Jason show was really great. One of my favorites. He did all the Trucker stuff he usually
does. He did a few new ones. At one point when the crowd was shouting out what they
wanted to hear, someone shouted "play what Jason wants" to which Jason replied
that he'd be playing nothing but Outfield. Then he played a little Outfield that turned
into some Zeppelin and then into "Never Gonna Change" some where near the end he
went into Jimi Hendrix's "Stone Free" and then back to "Never Gonna Change"
His version of "The Assassin" was killer as usual. He closed the show with "Dock of the Bay"
It was their last show before they boarded Zac Brown's "Sailing Southern Ground" cruise.
My son and I cracked up when Jason said "I never thought I'd be on a boat"
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!