Jason Isbell/James McMurtry Tour

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rlipps

Jason Isbell/James McMurtry Tour

Post by rlipps »

Don't recall seeing this mentioned, saw it a few weeks ago and then kinda forgot about it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/new ... ur-w510789

Clams

Re: Jason Isbell/James McMurtry Tour

Post by Clams »

I'll be at the Isbell/McMurtry show in Brooklyn next Saturday night. 8-)
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Clams wrote:I'll be at the Isbell/McMurtry show in Brooklyn next Saturday night. 8-)
Enjoy the show Clams! I've seen a few shows there and it's an absolutely stunning venue. They also have free parking out back in a large parking lot.
Leave plenty of time to get there though...lots of local streets to navigate between the highway & the venue.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Clams

Post by Clams »

Bill in CT wrote:
Clams wrote:I'll be at the Isbell/McMurtry show in Brooklyn next Saturday night. 8-)
Enjoy the show Clams! I've seen a few shows there and it's an absolutely stunning venue. They also have free parking out back in a large parking lot.
Leave plenty of time to get there though...lots of local streets to navigate between the highway & the venue.
That's good intel, thanks WWB.

And yeah I've seen pics of the theater, looks incredible.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

I can't get over the contrast between the Isbell show I last saw maybe 3 years ago and what I saw the other night. Holy Moley, that young feller has done well for himself.

Like I've said before, not really my thing anymore, but a good show and I couldn't be happier for them.

My only regret of the night is I've seen McMurtry about 6 times now but all in some kind of theater or "performance space". I have yet to see those guys tear up a bar room. I probably need to get myself to the Continental Club and check that off the list.
Beebs is not a ragey man

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Beebs wrote:I can't get over the contrast between the Isbell show I last saw maybe 3 years ago and what I saw the other night. Holy Moley, that young feller has done well for himself.

Like I've said before, not really my thing anymore, but a good show and I couldn't be happier for them.

My only regret of the night is I've seen McMurtry about 6 times now but all in some kind of theater or "performance space". I have yet to see those guys tear up a bar room. I probably need to get myself to the Continental Club and check that off the list.
Come on down to Austin, and I'll treat you to a bar room McMurtry show, and a solo McMurtry performance in, basically a living room.
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

pearlbeer wrote:
Beebs wrote:I can't get over the contrast between the Isbell show I last saw maybe 3 years ago and what I saw the other night. Holy Moley, that young feller has done well for himself.

Come on down to Austin, and I'll treat you to a bar room McMurtry show, and a solo McMurtry performance in, basically a living room.
Hell yeah
Beebs is not a ragey man