Mempho Music Festival next weekend

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

Mempho Music Festival next weekend

Post by Beaverdam »

Is anyone else going to this. I'm not sure if I'll make Friday but should be there Saturday for sure!

http://memphofest.com

Beaverdam

Re: Mempho Music Festival next weekend

Post by Beaverdam »

I had a great time yesterday, and I actually preferred the setup for Mempho to Beale Street Music Festival.

Jason was great as always. At our wedding my wife and I danced to Clapton's "Wondereful Tonight," but I told her "Cover Me Up" would have been a strong contender had it existed when we were married. Jason and put on an amazing show.

Ironically enough I was getting messages from all of my buddies in VIrginia; they were watching DBT at the Festy at about the same time as I was watching Isbell in Memphis!

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

So Mempho is happening agian this October 6-7!

I’m not nearly as excited about the lineup this year, but I’m really looking forward to Stone’s Throw!

I’ve heard rumors the promoters may not have sold many tickets. I must say that the staff was very accommodating. My brother-in-law and I bought tickets as soon as they were released. Months later a “buy one get one free” sale was advertised for tickets. I emailed the admins and explained I would have waited to buy a ticket, and the representative with whom I spoke actually refunded my ticket price.

I hope to see some of you hethans in a few weeks!

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

One of the moderators may want to move this to the “Other Bands/Music News” section. Jason was awesome at last year’s festival, but he’s not playing this year.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

The Isbell Mempho show was just released on Bandcamp, plus the Hood/Cooley/Isbell show from the Shoals Theatre!