Superfans

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Will

Re: Superfans

Post by Will »

Over/under on the number of times tonight's Kimmel appearance will be shared on the page within 24 hours?

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

Will wrote:Over/under on the number of times tonight's Kimmel appearance will be shared on the page within 24 hours?
Oh my gosh....at least 20 times.
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

DiamondDave wrote:
Will wrote:Over/under on the number of times tonight's Kimmel appearance will be shared on the page within 24 hours?
Oh my gosh....at least 20 times.
That's different than if DBT were on TV how? Tom Patchak would post it 20 times himself, then every month for a decade
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

If Isbell winks at Amanda be prepared for it to be analyzed to the same extent as the Zapruder footage.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:If Isbell winks at Amanda be prepared for it to be analyzed to the same extent as the Zapruder footage.
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:If Isbell winks at Amanda be prepared for it to be analyzed to the same extent as the Zapruder footage.
:lol:
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

Frog Man

Post by Frog Man »

Anyone who thinks DBT "super fans" aren't equivalent to JI "super fans", just take a look at the concert reviews in the Heathens Homecoming 2018 thread. Talk about fanatical. Several people wrote a god damn short story about it and posted it on the internet. I ain't judgin' either way. Just sayin', to make fun of the JI fanbase HERE is laughable.

pearlbeer

Post by pearlbeer »

Frog Man wrote:Anyone who thinks DBT "super fans" aren't equivalent to JI "super fans", just take a look at the concert reviews in the Heathens Homecoming 2018 thread. Talk about fanatical. Several people wrote a god damn short story about it and posted it on the internet. I ain't judgin' either way. Just sayin', to make fun of the JI fanbase HERE is laughable.
Can't you be a "super fan" of both? (I am) . :)
Love each other, Motherfuckers!

potatoeater

Post by potatoeater »

Since this thread has been bumped back I just want to say I find it hilarious the OP from the FB post gets a lump in his throat from a line he himself admits he doesn't understand.

So while any superfan can make a real joke of him or her self the Kanye superfans are in a league of their own...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOl3Rp9zK28
I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry, I'd like to say I'm sorry...BUT I AIN'T SORRY!

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

It's different when we do it :lol: :lol:

To be fair mere fanaticism was never what this thread was about, which was their complete cluelessness* and the folk-nazi-ish concert etiquette pushed by many in his fanbase.

*ok, I guess we're sometimes guilty of that too :lol:
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Frog Man wrote:Anyone who thinks DBT "super fans" aren't equivalent to JI "super fans", just take a look at the concert reviews in the Heathens Homecoming 2018 thread. Talk about fanatical. Several people wrote a god damn short story about it and posted it on the internet. I ain't judgin' either way. Just sayin', to make fun of the JI fanbase HERE is laughable.
Have "fun" sitting through 18 or 19-song Jason sets with the NPR listeners. The rest of us will be standing and rocking at DBT shows.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Frog Man

Post by Frog Man »

Bill in CT wrote:
Have "fun" sitting through 18 or 19-song Jason sets with the NPR listeners. The rest of us will be standing and rocking at DBT shows.
Bill from Connecticut is an elitist I see. I was at the 40 Watt last weekend and many many other times. It was great, I just didn’t feel compelled to write an essay about it.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Frog Man wrote:[
Bill from Connecticut is an elitist I see. I was at the 40 Watt last weekend and many many other times. It was great, I just didn’t feel compelled to write an essay about it.
Were you a mod on the superfan FB group or something?
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Frog Man

Post by Frog Man »

I’m not even entirely sure what that means. That original screenshot that started this thread though is definitely hilarious.

Eyes Above It

Post by Eyes Above It »

I (finally) left "Stopping By" formerly "Superfans", they are currently auctioning off a date with one of the moderators. You can't make this stuff up. I thought the lady crying over Vampires because her dog died was bad enough.... :roll:

Will

Post by Will »

I left it a while back but I'm still in the Jason Isbell & Friends group, which is pretty laid back. Comparatively, at least.