Jason's Discarded Songs

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Duke Silver

Jason's Discarded Songs

Post by Duke Silver »

To the best of my knowledge, this is the number of songs from each album that Jason still plays regularly:

SOTD: 3 out of 11 (Dress Blues, In a Razor Town, The Magician)

S/T: 4 out of 11 (Seven Mile Island, The Blue, Cigarettes and Wine, Streetlights)

HWR: 4 out of 11 (Alabama Pines, Go it Alone, Codeine, Tour of Duty)

Throw in John Henry, Daylight, Easy on Yourself, Crystal Clear, Brand New Stone, SUPERMAN... Someone could make a nice career out of the songs he doesn't play anymore.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Duke Silver

Re: Jason's Discarded Songs

Post by Duke Silver »

51 views, no replies. I'm dropping gold coins here and you people are letting them roll into the gutter.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I don't really have anything to add. I pretty much agree completely.

I'd be far more motivated to see Jason on his next set of shows if I knew I was getting this instead half of SE/SMTF and the same songs from his previous efforts he always plays.

worrierking

Post by worrierking »

I was surprised when I saw him in December by how the last two albums dominated the show. He did three DBT songs, seven from Southeastern, Six from SMTF and two from HWR. Plus a cover. None from his first two albums.

It speaks to the quality of the last two albums, but also is a nod to his newfound success. I would kill to hear "Brand New Kind of Actress," or some other early forgotten nuggets.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Iowan wrote:I don't really have anything to add. I pretty much agree completely.

I'd be far more motivated to see Jason on his next set of shows if I knew I was getting this instead half of SE/SMTF and the same songs from his previous efforts he always plays.
The Sirens songs are the most surprising. I understand why certain songs from the s/t and HWR never really took hold, but some of those forgotten songs from SOTD were the backbone of his set for 5+ years. Then again, maybe that's why he's taking a break from them.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Duke Silver wrote:51 views, no replies. I'm dropping gold coins here and you people are letting them roll into the gutter.
by not speaking the people have spoken ;)
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Duke Silver wrote:To the best of my knowledge, this is the number of songs from each album that Jason still plays regularly:

S/T: 4 out of 11 (Seven Mile Island, The Blue, Cigarettes and Wine, Streetlights.
He still plays these regularly?

TruckerClown

Post by TruckerClown »

Would love to hear Whisper.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

brstigerfan wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:To the best of my knowledge, this is the number of songs from each album that Jason still plays regularly:

S/T: 4 out of 11 (Seven Mile Island, The Blue, Cigarettes and Wine, Streetlights.
He still plays these regularly?
I was being generous I guess. He played 7 mile island and dress blues last time I saw him. Not really sure about the rest.