Jason Isbell - White Oak Amp. - 10-15-16

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Daddy_played_poker

Jason Isbell - White Oak Amp. - 10-15-16

Post by Daddy_played_poker »

I caught the Jason Isbell show in Greensboro last night and really enjoyed myself. The crowd and show matched much of what was recently shared from the Hershey show. It is great to see that Jason is continuing to grow his audience and have success (2/3 to 3/4 full of a 7,000 capacity venue). The show was about an hour and a half with 3 DBT era songs (DD, Outfit and Never Gonna Change) along with most of my favorites from SE and SMTF. The guy behind me kept yelling for John Henry which would have been great, but didn't happen. The show is pretty polished which obviously differs from DBT yet is still enough of a rock show to keep me charged. If I could watch Jason play the slide solo on Decoration Day every day of the week I would do it. While Jason is considered a favorite player for many of us here, Sadler Vaden deserves some extra love. He makes greasy slide or silky touch contributions to the songs look so easy when those of us who play know that it certainly is not. One of my favorite parts of last night's show was Jason and Sadler doing a mini lead guitar battle during Never Gonna Change that was cool as shit. Overall, I left happy and thankful for the chance to see Jason Isbell AND the 400 Unit. :D
"to love is to feel pain there ain't no way around it."