Jason Isbell Red Rocks 9/14/16

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

maxjkugel

Jason Isbell Red Rocks 9/14/16

Post by maxjkugel »

Not surprisingly pretty heavy on the newer stuff. Outfit->Decoration Day was certainly a highlight, as was Dress Blues and closing with Children of Children. Seems like a lot of folks were there just because it was a show at Red Rocks, as the crowd started to thin out about half way through the set. Kind of a bummer that the self-titled album has been completely ignored every time I have seen him, but what can you do.

Flying Over Water
Go It Alone
Something More Than Free
How to Forget
24 Frames
Dress Blues
Alabama Pines
Traveling Alone
Codeine
The Life You Chose
Outfit
Decoration Day
Speed Trap Town
If It Takes a Lifetime
Cover Me Up
Never Gonna Change

Encore:
Elephant
Stockholm
Children of Children

jh13

Re: Jason Isbell Red Rocks 9/14/16

Post by jh13 »

Thanks for the setlist. Seems a little short. Did that even crack 90 minutes?

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

jh13 wrote:Thanks for the setlist. Seems a little short. Did that even crack 90 minutes?
I'd estimate that he went on around 8:40 and finished around 10:35, but not 100% sure about those times. Nice extended versions of "Dress Blues" and "Never Gonna Change," among others I'm not remembering right this second.

McButton

Post by McButton »

Damn, looks like a nice set, thanks for the list. Any sign of anyone taping the show (does Jason still not allow it? I'm pretty out of the show taping loop)? I'd definitely be interested in checking out if so. But either way, thanks for the show update.

ndavis86

Post by ndavis86 »

maxjkugel wrote:Kind of a bummer that the self-titled album has been completely ignored every time I have seen him, but what can you do.
I don't keep close tabs on his setlists outside of the shows I go to, but I'd really love to hear "The Blue" at some point. Ditto "Streetlights" and "Seven-Mile Island."

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

ndavis86 wrote:
maxjkugel wrote:Kind of a bummer that the self-titled album has been completely ignored every time I have seen him, but what can you do.
I don't keep close tabs on his setlists outside of the shows I go to, but I'd really love to hear "The Blue" at some point. Ditto "Streetlights" and "Seven-Mile Island."
With the exception of a small handful of songs, Jason has made a pretty clean break with his pre-sobriety solo catalogue
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever