jax

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

jax

Post by Swamp »

saw him a couple of weeks ago. got the feeling he doesn't like the dbt crowd.
I wasn't that impressed but it was a very well choreographed show.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

bovine knievel

Re: jax

Post by bovine knievel »

Who is jax? And fuck em if they don't like us. 8-)
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Clams

Post by Clams »

bovine knievel wrote:Who is jax? And fuck em if they don't like us. 8-)
He meant to say he saw Isbell in Jacksonville but he was on his fourth Dickel so he just wrote jax. After all these years, don't you speak Swamp, bovine? :lol:
Last edited by Clams on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you don't run you rust

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Jax pushed away the plastic tarpaulin and raised himself in the stinking robes and blankets and looked toward the east for any light but there was none. In the dream from which he'd wakened he had wandered in a cave where the child led him by the hand. Their light playing over the wet flowstone walls. Like pilgrims in a fable swallowed up and lost among the inward parts of some granitic beast.
Beebs is not a ragey man

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Beebs wrote:Jax pushed away the plastic tarpaulin and raised himself in the stinking robes and blankets and looked toward the east for any light but there was none. In the dream from which he'd wakened he had wandered in a cave where the child led him by the hand. Their light playing over the wet flowstone walls. Like pilgrims in a fable swallowed up and lost among the inward parts of some granitic beast.
I want some of what beebs is smoking!

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Clams wrote:
He meant to say he saw Isbell in Jacksonville but he was on his fourth Dickel so he just wrote jax. After all these years, don't you speak Swamp, bovine? :lol:
Swampanese?! 8-)

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Late that night lying in his bunk in the dark he heard the kitchen door close and heard the screendoor close after it. He lay there.

Then he sat and swung his feet to the floor and got his boots and his jeans and pulled them on and put on his hat and walked out. The moon was almost full and it was cold and late and no smoke rose from the kitchen chimney.

Mr Jax was sitting on the back stoop in his duckingcoat smoking a cigarette. He looked up at John Grady and nodded. John Grady sat on the stoop beside him. What are you doin out here without your hat? he said.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Clams

Post by Clams »

:lol:
If you don't run you rust

lotusamerica

Post by lotusamerica »

Swamp wrote:saw him a couple of weeks ago. got the feeling he doesn't like the dbt crowd.
Interesting word, choreographed. Like it or not, that's a good word for it. Not choreographed in a Madonna sense, but definitely a planned, setlisted, well-orchestrated theater show, vs. the kind of half-organized, chaotic, looser bar shows that DBT plays. (Please note, that's "looser" not "loser").

I happened to like Jason's show when I saw it in NYC last month. There's power in what he does, and still heart, but I grieve a little every time I see him now for the more chaotic, half-fun/half-depressed/touch-of-pissed-off shows he used to do. Happy for him in life, wouldn't want anything different for him, and understand he'd be faking it now to try to do that style again, but still miss it some when I see him even though what he's doing now clearly speaks to a lot more people.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

You nailed it, lotus!

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

lotusamerica wrote:
Swamp wrote:saw him a couple of weeks ago. got the feeling he doesn't like the dbt crowd.
Interesting word, choreographed. Like it or not, that's a good word for it. Not choreographed in a Madonna sense, but definitely a planned, setlisted, well-orchestrated theater show, vs. the kind of half-organized, chaotic, looser bar shows that DBT plays. (Please note, that's "looser" not "loser").

I happened to like Jason's show when I saw it in NYC last month. There's power in what he does, and still heart, but I grieve a little every time I see him now for the more chaotic, half-fun/half-depressed/touch-of-pissed-off shows he used to do. Happy for him in life, wouldn't want anything different for him, and understand he'd be faking it now to try to do that style again, but still miss it some when I see him even though what he's doing now clearly speaks to a lot more people.
This is exactly how I feel.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Jax saw very clearly how all his life led only to this moment and all after led to nowhere at all.

He felt something cold and soulless enter him like another being and he imagined that it smiled malignly and he had no reason to believe that it would ever leave.
Beebs is not a ragey man

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

Beebs wrote:Jax saw very clearly how all his life led only to this moment and all after led to nowhere at all.

He felt something cold and soulless enter him like another being and he imagined that it smiled malignly and he had no reason to believe that it would ever leave.
bad oysters?

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Clams wrote:
Haven't been on since that since your un edited post. Even though it was a good translation, if l need a mouth piece, it has to be btb cause he's wicked smat
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!