Isbell/Prine October 3 Memphis

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beaverdam

Isbell/Prine October 3 Memphis

Post by Beaverdam »

My birthday show. My wife got me tickets, but I didn't think I'd be able to go due to a funeral in VA. However, due to the hurricane in the east, I cancelled my plane tickets for my Granny's funeral, and I guess I'll be attending the show in her honor/memory. I've caught a couple of DBT shows in Memphis, but I just moved to the area, and I hope to see some familiar faces this weekend. I'm missing my old DBT crew from VA!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Isbell/Prine October 3 Memphis

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Lurleen and I will be there.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I live about 4 miles from the Orpheum. I'll be there if work allows.

zoid

Post by zoid »

Make sure you get there on time. Isbell started promptly at 7:30 in Huntsville and played an hour set. Many people missed isbell either because they thought it was the doors opened at 7:30 or they thought Prine was the opener.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

It was an incredible show. Jason was impressive and in even finer voice than he had been the two other times we've seen him this year. Children of Children and Dress Blues were the highlights for me. John Prine is an absolute master. We were mesmerized during his set start to finish.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

When the weather cleared, I rebooked my flight to VA, so I missed the Isbell/Prine show. My wife and father-in-law went in my absence and said the show was very good; however, my wife has seen Isbell much rowdier settings and said a seated show was very different. I think I probably missed my shot to see Prine!

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Beaverdam wrote:When the weather cleared, I rebooked my flight to VA, so I missed the Isbell/Prine show. My wife and father-in-law went in my absence and said the show was very good; however, my wife has seen Isbell much rowdier settings and said a seated show was very different. I think I probably missed my shot to see Prine!
if you get another shot to see Prine, don't miss it. I hadn't seen him in twenty plus years and he was masterful start to finish.