new Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit tour dates - 2016

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Bill in CT

new Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit tour dates - 2016

Post by Bill in CT »

Shovels & Rope will open all of these shows.

February
11 & 12 – Austin, TX @ ACL Live at the Moody Theater
16 – Dallas, TX @ South Side Ballroom
17 – St. Louis, MO @ Peabody Opera House
19 – Indianapolis, IN @ The Murat Theatre
20 – Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theatre
25 – New York, NY @ Beacon Theatre
27 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues
29 – Toronto, ON @ The Danforth Music Hall

March
1 – Royal Oak, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theatre
2 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Benedum Center for the Performing Arts
5 – St. Augustine, FL @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

LBRod

Re: new Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit tour dates - 2016

Post by LBRod »

Makes sense to have S & R on the road with them since Cary Ann just had a brand new baby girl as well.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

LBRod wrote:Makes sense to have S & R on the road with them since Cary Ann just had a brand new baby girl as well.
Mom rock?
Dave

adiantumpedatum

Post by adiantumpedatum »

Mom rock. Awesome. Whoever's job it is to babysit Baby ShoRo and Baby ShiBell while the mommas and daddies are on stage... I want to be her.

But I also say: YO, where the Philly show? I hope they add one. If not, it'll have to be the Beacon.
Steel guitar and settle down.

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Really tough to see a JI & 400 Unit show in a theater setting.
Dave

claym

Post by claym »

Agree
Was shocked on New Years in Louisville how many people were sitting. Mostly all of them.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Vincent wrote:Really tough to see a JI & 400 Unit show in a theater setting.
Agreed. I'm not even disappointed that I'll have to miss the Beacon show (Black Sabbath is at MSG that night). I may go to Boston for the House of Blues show or Philly if they add a Union Transfer show.

adiantumpedatum

Post by adiantumpedatum »

Bill in CT wrote:
Vincent wrote:Really tough to see a JI & 400 Unit show in a theater setting.
Agreed. I'm not even disappointed that I'll have to miss the Beacon show (Black Sabbath is at MSG that night). I may go to Boston for the House of Blues show or Philly if they add a Union Transfer show.
Let's hope they do just that. Philly is fast becoming our go-to locale for rock shows.

I've about made up my mind that I'm going to avoid theater shows until I'm old enough that I need the seats. There are a few acts that I'd settle for seeing in a theater (John Prine, Willie, Richard Thompson, Gillian Welch) but not the bulk of the ones I hope to catch this year (JI, Lucinda, Truckers, Alabama Shakes, Sturgill). I've seen Jason four times: first at the Smith Opera House in Geneva, second at MassMOCA (standing), third at the Keswick in Glenside PA, and most recently at the Water Street in Rochester (standing). At both standing shows I got there early enough to stand on the rail, mere inches from the stage, and I gotta say, THAT is where it's fucking AT.

Those theater shows just don't got it. I'll gladly stand and sway gently through Different Days and Traveling Alone and Cover me Up etc etc just for the six minutes I can thrash around to NGC, Go it Alone, and Super 8, or whatever three token rockers he uses to end the night.
Steel guitar and settle down.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Bill in CT wrote:Shovels & Rope will open all of these shows.

March

:D We're in the pit! 8-)
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

adiantumpedatum wrote:I've about made up my mind that I'm going to avoid theater shows until I'm old enough that I need the seats. There are a few acts that I'd settle for seeing in a theater (John Prine, Willie, Richard Thompson, Gillian Welch) but not the bulk of the ones I hope to catch this year (JI, Lucinda, Truckers, Alabama Shakes, Sturgill). I've seen Jason four times: first at the Smith Opera House in Geneva, second at MassMOCA (standing), third at the Keswick in Glenside PA, and most recently at the Water Street in Rochester (standing). At both standing shows I got there early enough to stand on the rail, mere inches from the stage, and I gotta say, THAT is where it's fucking AT.
Go see Widespread Panic in a nice theater. The crowd is up and dancing from start to finish. It's a great experience.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

seeing them in charleston in a few weeks and then 2 nights in austin in feb.

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

Sure would like to see him back in OKC.
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

Vincent

Post by Vincent »

His website added more dates. Lots of festivals.

Hope he mixes it up a bit.
Dave

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

claym wrote:Agree
Was shocked on New Years in Louisville how many people were sitting. Mostly all of them.
I stopped going to 400 Unit shows when he started playing theatres. Not my crowd and not my kind of gig.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Dean

Post by Dean »

Bill in CT wrote:
adiantumpedatum wrote:I've about made up my mind that I'm going to avoid theater shows until I'm old enough that I need the seats. There are a few acts that I'd settle for seeing in a theater (John Prine, Willie, Richard Thompson, Gillian Welch) but not the bulk of the ones I hope to catch this year (JI, Lucinda, Truckers, Alabama Shakes, Sturgill). I've seen Jason four times: first at the Smith Opera House in Geneva, second at MassMOCA (standing), third at the Keswick in Glenside PA, and most recently at the Water Street in Rochester (standing). At both standing shows I got there early enough to stand on the rail, mere inches from the stage, and I gotta say, THAT is where it's fucking AT.
Go see Widespread Panic in a nice theater. The crowd is up and dancing from start to finish. It's a great experience.

“Dancing” is a strong term….

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

Swamp wrote:
Bill in CT wrote:Shovels & Rope will open all of these shows.

March

:D We're in the pit! 8-)
See ya there Swampy!

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Looking forward to the JI and the 400 Unit show with Shovels and Rope on 2/20. I am 2nd row in the Main Floor.

It's still so hard to believe that he has sold out the Chicago Theatre. 7 stories high and a 3,600 capacity. It was nearly sold out on the day when it went onsale to the general public. I have a lot of friends that were waiting a bit and got shut out.

Good for him. From the early days of seeing with DBT I knew that he was an immense talent. But from his under sold show on his first tour at Beat Kitchen with likely only 30-50 people, undersold shows at Subterranean, a smaller crowd at Double Door, and lots of empty space on Here We Rest at the earlier Lincoln Hall shows, its hard to fathom that we would get to a place in popularity that could likely justify two nights at the Chicago Theatre. Again, we have so many friends on the outside looking in for tickets.

Bands that would typically play the Chicago Theatre include Widespread Panic (multiple nights), My Morning Jacket, Allman Brothers Band, Ryan Adams, Aretha Franklin, John Mellencamp, Ray Lamontagne, and Jackson Browne to name a few.

That is some pretty big company. It's nuts to see his progression.