Jason on The Moment

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

brstigerfan

Jason on The Moment

Post by brstigerfan »

Jason isbell is on the newest episode of The Moment podcast with Brian Koppelman (screenwriter of the Rounders and some other films) on the Grantland network. I found this interview much more interesting than the Wtf pod and other interviews with Isbell that tend to rehash the same old shit. Check it out.

gepman

Re: Jason on The Moment

Post by gepman »

You're right, great interview, thanks for the "head's up"...

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

brstigerfan wrote:Jason isbell is on the newest episode of The Moment podcast with Brian Koppelman (screenwriter of the Rounders and some other films) on the Grantland network. I found this interview much more interesting than the Wtf pod and other interviews with Isbell that tend to rehash the same old shit. Check it out.

I'm looking forward to listening to it. Interesting that you thought the Maron interview was a rehash. I thought that one really brought to light a bunch of stuff that wasn't very well known, up to then anyway. A lot has been repeated since though.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
brstigerfan wrote:Jason isbell is on the newest episode of The Moment podcast with Brian Koppelman (screenwriter of the Rounders and some other films) on the Grantland network. I found this interview much more interesting than the Wtf pod and other interviews with Isbell that tend to rehash the same old shit. Check it out.

I'm looking forward to listening to it. Interesting that you thought the Maron interview was a rehash. I thought that one really brought to light a bunch of stuff that wasn't very well known, up to then anyway. A lot has been repeated since though.

You're right, I maybe shouldn't lump the Wtf in there. There were some interesting revelations about his DBT days in there. For the most part thought I think a lot of these interviews post southeastern have had the same theme, and probably just ran together for a while there. Jason even makes reference to it with Koppelman.

bnzz

Post by bnzz »

It is a different feeling interview than the Maron one, but I think it is a year later and so much has happened with Isbell and Southeastern that it dictated a different line of questioning. Maron was such a big Trucker fan especially during the Jason years that I don't think there was any way for him not to bring up the Trucker years. Maron's was like "holy shit this record is great how did we get here?" and the Moment is like "holy shit this record is great, how did you write it and where are you going?" Two great interviews and enjoyed them very much thanks for posting.