Jason NYE in Louisville

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rlipps

Jason NYE in Louisville

Post by rlipps »

Jason and the 400 Unit will be playing the Louisville Palace on NYE with Shovels & Rope as support.

rlipps

Re: Jason NYE in Louisville

Post by rlipps »

Just got tickets for this using the Live Nation mobile app presale. You can't go through the website, have to use the app and the presale code is bringfriends. Able to get 2 in Orch 1 Row AA, seats 1 & 2. Already have a room booked that night at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Louisville, which is less than a half mile from the venue. Should be a nice anniversary trip for the wife and I.

zoid

Post by zoid »

I missed the presale by a few minutes. I just looked on stubhub and there are already 119 tickets available. That's screwed up...

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

zoid wrote:I missed the presale by a few minutes. I just looked on stubhub and there are already 119 tickets available. That's screwed up...

I know, I never thought I'd see the day people were scalping Isbell tickets when me and about 12 of my closest friends (including band members & bartenders) watched him back in 07 around Lexington & Louisville. There are more tickets available starting at 10:00 am EST, a buddy of mine bought two but not sure if he can go or not, if he can't use them, I"ll check with you first before he sells them. All we'd want is face value back for them.

mhc

Post by mhc »

I am in for New Years Eve.
Orchestra 1, Row H. See you there rlipps
I saw Shovels and Rope last Wednesday in Louisville and they let the cat out of the bag a day early about NYE.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

A buddy of mine has 2 tickets for this show that he isn't going to be able to use. I'm trying to help him sell them, they are in Orch 3 Row AA. All he wants for them is face value, $116 for both. He said he'd pay the shipping as well. If you are interested, shoot me a PM.
Last edited by rlipps on Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bootlegend

Post by bootlegend »

I've got tickets for my wife and I as well as my 16 year old son and 7 year old son. Can't find a babysitter on NYE and they both love JI anyway, so it's a win-win.

I'm considering ear plugs or muffs for my 7 year old since this will be his first concert. Any suggestions?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

bootlegend wrote:I've got tickets for my wife and I as well as my 16 year old son and 7 year old son. Can't find a babysitter on NYE and they both love JI anyway, so it's a win-win.

I'm considering ear plugs or muffs for my 7 year old since this will be his first concert. Any suggestions?

I don't know brands but don't consider it, just do it. It's a must have. If they have the reusable ones in kid's size, I'd recommend spending the extra $15 or so. The difference between them and the one time foam thingy is significant.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

claym

Post by claym »

First post.

Can't wait coming from Buffalo.

Got second row. Really looking forward to if

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Got 2 for sale, face value is $116 for both, my buddy will take $100. Orch 3 Row AA. Can email the tickets instantly to the buyer. PM if interested.

crowes74

Post by crowes74 »

How was it folks? And happy new year to all of you as well.

bootlegend

Post by bootlegend »

Good show. Shovels & Rope played for 75 minutes, which surprised me. I had my 7 year old with me and I had to take him out because someone was smoking dope. In the Palace. It was strong enough that my son started wrinkling up his nose so took him to the lobby. I expect that in clubs, but the Palace is a historic venue, seated ticketing, all ages, etc. Have some respect for the venue and other people.

Jason did say that he and Amanda recorded "Mutineer" and it will be coming out on Valentine's Day as a special release.

Happy New Year to you all!

mhc123

Post by mhc123 »

It's actually mhc.
Changed internet providers and my old email was inactive.

Anyway.
Great show. Jason and the band came a long way from the first time I saw them at Ear x Tasy in May 2007.
Shovels and rope played a tight 75 minute set and were just incredible.
The Palace is my favorite venue in the world.
Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, Prine just to name a few I have seen Grace the stage for the last 20 years.
Pictures to follow. Had really good seats. You may had seen them today if we are FB buddies.
Anyway....
Jason NYE
Louisville Palace

10:15

Decoration Day
Stockholm
Go it Alone
Flying over water
GDLL
Your of Duty
Alabama pines
Lone Oak
Different Days
Yevette
Codeine
New South Wales
Cover me up
Relatively Easy
Traveling Alone
Mutineer
11:45 Break

12:00
Super 8
Outfit
Heart on a string
Never Gonna Change
12:25
Happy New year
So I started this damn country band
Cause punk rock was too hard to sing

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

Yvette nice!! ready to see the pics. looking forward to seein Jason again Feb 9th!!!

claym

Post by claym »

Show was great. Crowd was kind of lame.
Had a blast. Was in row b.
What a theatre.
Band was on.
Shovels and Rope really delivered the goods

Jason confirmed new album work to start in march