Smoking Crack on eBay and Jason Isbell

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Sh*t Shot

Smoking Crack on eBay and Jason Isbell

Post by Sh*t Shot »

heartbreaker1976

Re: Smoking Crack on eBay and Jason Isbell

Post by heartbreaker1976 »

what the hell is so special about that to make it worth $1000?

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

heartbreaker1976 wrote:what the hell is so special about that to make it worth $1000?

The person who would pay a thousand for that record, and the person who would try to sell it for that. Both of them are very, very special.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Lightning Rod appears to have it for $26, for those of you on a budget.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Sh*t Shot

Post by Sh*t Shot »

This kind of stuff drives other listings up in price and artificially inflates the perceived value of items like this particular record. Lot's of folks take eBay as the gospel when it comes to pricing.

According to Discogs the median value of this record is $20.

Someone is listing the Twist and Shout CD at $99 Buy It Now on eBay right now, too. Another seller listed theirs for $20 opening bid recently and got close to $35 if I'm not mistaken. Discogs shows it went for $4.00 a bit over a year ago.

Just watch some idiot out there with a load of money and a lack of brains buy the record for $1,000 and make the lister look like a genius.

http://www.discogs.com/Jason-Isbell-And ... se/1982185

Sh*t Shot

Post by Sh*t Shot »

And here they come......

This one is $750

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jason-Isbell-An ... 1176641446?
pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item43cb7af3a6

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

This is total bullshit! Someone has some mighty big balls to list it for that! If this douche flips a 20 dollar record for 1000, I'm gettin' into the record selling business!

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Wow, I have one with an autograph! Must be worth three grand.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Sh*t Shot

Post by Sh*t Shot »

Another listed in the mid 600's.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

That's the listing but how much do they actually go for? I think a wrapped cd for $35 might be about right. Maybe $75 for vinyl if those releases are out of print. Are they? I never heard they were.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

RevMatt wrote:That's the listing but how much do they actually go for? I think a wrapped cd for $35 might be about right. Maybe $75 for vinyl if those releases are out of print. Are they? I never heard they were.

There's a sucker born every minute. If someone were to see the average going price for one of those records were that high and had the disposable income, especially with Jason being the "it-boy" right now, I wouldn't doubt some folks getting lucky and swindling folks for hundreds of bucks.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Smitty wrote:
RevMatt wrote:That's the listing but how much do they actually go for? I think a wrapped cd for $35 might be about right. Maybe $75 for vinyl if those releases are out of print. Are they? I never heard they were.

There's a sucker born every minute. If someone were to see the average going price for one of those records were that high and had the disposable income, especially with Jason being the "it-boy" right now, I wouldn't doubt some folks getting lucky and swindling folks for hundreds of bucks.

I've got an autographed self-titled cd. I don't want to sell it. Too many great memories from the day I got it. Still, I don't see an autographed out of print Isbell cd to be worth more than $50. I have an autographed Webb Pierce LP and somebody told me I could fetch about $35 to $40 for it in Nashville and maybe $20 to $25 anywhere else.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

RevMatt wrote:I've got an autographed self-titled cd. I don't want to sell it. Too many great memories from the day I got it. Still, I don't see an autographed out of print Isbell cd to be worth more than $50.

Neither do I, although that may be lowballing it just a bit. Some people out there who don't know any better would, though.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Smitty wrote:
RevMatt wrote:I've got an autographed self-titled cd. I don't want to sell it. Too many great memories from the day I got it. Still, I don't see an autographed out of print Isbell cd to be worth more than $50.

Neither do I, although that may be lowballing it just a bit. Some people out there who don't know any better would, though.

Maybe, but people who can afford to throw $1,000 away on a Jason Isbell cd don't get that way by paying $1,000 for something that isn't worth more than $30. Unless they got their money through a divorce settlement.

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

I have a side business, more of a hobby really, dealing in guitars, amps & effects pedals and I see a lot of the same people asking absurd prices. A lot of people who are uneducated in values or don't take the time to do the research feel that just because something is old it must be valuable.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

psychobillycadillac wrote:I have a side business, more of a hobby really, dealing in guitars, amps & effects pedals and I see a lot of the same people asking absurd prices. A lot of people who are uneducated in values or don't take the time to do the research feel that just because something is old it must be valuable.

That is true. And many people believe a guitar shop should pay them the full retail value of their guitar not realizing that the owner needs to make a profit from it.

I am interested in seeing what the cd's and lp's ultimately sell for.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

You know, the bottom line is that the worth of an item is determined by how much someone will pay for it. If someone is willing to pay $1,000 for a record they could probably get for $50 or less more power to them and a high five to the seller.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

DiamondDave

Post by DiamondDave »

RevMatt wrote:Wow, I have one with an autograph! Must be worth three grand.

Hell, mine is signed by Jason and Browan, who did the artwork....mine must be at least $3001!!!
:lol:
"If I'm not smiling, I'm just thinking...."

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

I saw this also on ebay, a few days ago. Came on here to see if others had and if it was legit. Laughed when I saw there was already a post about it. I have the LP signed by the complete band, picked it up when they did an in store in Greenville SC. Id say that jumps mine up to $5000 grand, but Ill let it go for $3500 to the first idiot, umm, I mean kind goodhearted genius willing to pay $3500.