Jason on Twitter is a thing of beauty

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

sg207

Re: Jason on Twitter is a thing of beauty

Post by sg207 »

passquach wrote:All those tweets were deleted & jimbo offered up an apology.

Yeah, that was noted above. Like I said, I don't really know what happened.

Beyond that band, I just hope the dude's ok.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

guns n luck

Post by guns n luck »

Twitter needs a breathalyzer lock.

that shit was funny though.

the "fuck her good" had me cracking up. I love Isabell but he is a bit of a douche.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I'm not on Twitter but I saw this tweet from Jason on FB earlier today:

"My cousin just said he didn't like Led Zeppelin so I put a Monster Energy Drink bumper sticker on the screen of his iPad."

Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with the tweet from Titus Andronicus (also from today) that said ""Maybe I understated it earlier - IMHO, Led Zepplin is the shittiest band of all time - certainly did more to ruin rock and roll than anyone." That has caused a real shitstorm over at the official Led Zeppelin board, especially from those that have no idea who Titus Andronicus is. Which, unfortunately is the vast majority of posters over there.

Hood4Pres

Post by Hood4Pres »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I'm not on Twitter but I saw this tweet from Jason on FB earlier today:

"My cousin just said he didn't like Led Zeppelin so I put a Monster Energy Drink bumper sticker on the screen of his iPad."

Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with the tweet from Titus Andronicus (also from today) that said ""Maybe I understated it earlier - IMHO, Led Zepplin is the shittiest band of all time - certainly did more to ruin rock and roll than anyone." That has caused a real shitstorm over at the official Led Zeppelin board, especially from those that have no idea who Titus Andronicus is. Which, unfortunately is the vast majority of posters over there.

It was a retweet from comedian Rob Delaney

Kudzu Guillotine

Hood4Pres wrote:
Kudzu Guillotine wrote:I'm not on Twitter but I saw this tweet from Jason on FB earlier today:

It was a retweet from comedian Rob Delaney

Thanks. Goes to show I really don't follow or even completely understand Twitter.

zoid

Post by zoid »

westncdude

Post by westncdude »

I know this is old but I just joined the forum so forgive me. I read think Jason's comment (about mumford and the Avetts) was a little out of hand but, of course, he has a right to his opinion. Isbell has always struck me this way. He comes across as a douche until you know. I have met him several times and he has never struck me as a nice guy. Could be my fault, I could just be hard to get along with.
I feel like now that he is "free", so to speak, he does and says whatever he wants.
This is more speculation on my part but I think jason felt like he was held back in DBT and was told what to do by his "bosses". If you notice, in shows on the dirty south tour, he always sand 4-5 songs a night and he same 4-5 songs in a different order. Just the same as when Shonna would send one of her go go boots songs every single night. You would think she just decide she wanted to sing Purgatory line or something one night. I realize this is not perfect science but I have attended or listened to lot's of shows over the years.

Of course his solo shows are all almost identical as well. Previously it was every show opened with "go it alone" and played the same songs off the new album. Now every single show starts with "the magician".
He hardly ever plays anything old off his own solo albums.

Anyway, i apologize again if I ruffled any feathers, just trying to join in the conversation.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I've met Jason numerous times, and he's always came off as nice as can be to me.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

westncdude

Post by westncdude »

well, like I said, maybe it's just me. I have had no issues with any other members of the truckers family. It's not like Jason was an asshole, he just seemed like it was a chore to talk to me. I simply told him that I appreciated his music and thanked him for it and for playing the show. His response was "ok thanks".

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Smitty wrote:I've met Jason numerous times, and he's always came off as nice as can be to me.

Agreed. He's the guy most likely to go beyond conversation and have a beer with the fans. At least that's been my experience around him.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

I've met him a few times and he's always been nice. Took a shot with me one night in Austin at a Slobberbone show. Just last week I asked him on twitter what to do in the Shoals area since I was there for work. He helped me get a tour of FAME. Above and beyond for just a random fan.

westncdude

Post by westncdude »

I will talk to him again at the show in Greenville Feb. Like I said, maybe it's just me, sometimes I rub people the wrong way.

guns n luck

Post by guns n luck »

I always think to myself if I had any sort of celebrity status at all people would hate me quickly. I understand it and I love it and I think its funny. Who gives a damn? I like the guys music.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Just saw where Nickelback tweeted out that Alabama Pines was as perfect a song as they'd heard in a long time. And no, before anyone asks, I don't follow Nickelback, I saw it when Browan retweeted it.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Just saw where Nickelback tweeted out that Alabama Pines was as perfect a song as they'd heard in a long time. And no, before anyone asks, I don't follow Nickelback, I saw it when Browan retweeted it.

Kudzu Guillotine

Maybe that Mayan prophecy is true after all.

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

@JasonIsbell
Jason Isbell

I made up a new app called "Words With Friends With Benefits." You DO NOT want to lose.

12 hours ago via Echofon

:lol:

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

LOL--Duck, that was funny...

Shonna has been tweeting a lot to Jason and Amanda---which I find to be refreshing....and I also feel like a voyeur but oh well...i'd rather be all up in Shonna and Jason's music and inside joke tweets than watching the Kardashians or whatnot..
In my blood, there's gasoline..

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

That's some funny shit, Duck.

But don't worry about being a voyeur, Penny. They're a bunch of exhibitionists.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

mhc

Post by mhc »

Zip City wrote:Artists with songs? What the fuck does that mean? The Avett Brothers have about 5x more songs than Jason has.

Jason is like most other musicians: he thinks he's better than everyone else until he tours with them, and then he's BFF's with them. My guess is that if the Avetts asked him to go on tour with them, Jason would start tweeting about what nice guys they are.

Has anyone here bashed a fellow member's music?
It's an opinion.
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Jason retweeted some of this last night:

Shonna Tucker @ShonnaTucker
It's been several weeks since I've had a rage explosion. I feel like sayin a bunch of stuff!!! #Aggghh #cowards #assholes

Shonna Tucker @ShonnaTucker 12h
Oh no , Someone's upset- its my "bad bass playing" , my " mediocre songs" AND I "shouldn't sing anymore". These Huevos rancheros are badass!

Shonna Tucker @ShonnaTucker 11h
I would be, in no way,upset if these were "internet assholes" saying these things. These things were said to me, in a meeting.#stillnotbuyin

Hmm.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Duke Silver wrote:Jason retweeted some of this last night:

Shonna Tucker @ShonnaTucker
It's been several weeks since I've had a rage explosion. I feel like sayin a bunch of stuff!!! #Aggghh #cowards #assholes

Shonna Tucker @ShonnaTucker 12h
Oh no , Someone's upset- its my "bad bass playing" , my " mediocre songs" AND I "shouldn't sing anymore". These Huevos rancheros are badass!

Shonna Tucker @ShonnaTucker 11h
I would be, in no way,upset if these were "internet assholes" saying these things. These things were said to me, in a meeting.#stillnotbuyin

Hmm.

Wow! Sounds like some bad blood.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Yeah, not really sure what to make of it. Depends who the meeting was with, I guess.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Duke Silver wrote:Yeah, not really sure what to make of it. Depends who the meeting was with, I guess.

Well, she had another tweet that read:

@shemcb oh HOLY SHIT , YES! Their "friends" of mine. #"bandmates" #friends #they're

While nobody outside can say for sure, that certainly seems to be a very specific implication.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

sg207 wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:Yeah, not really sure what to make of it. Depends who the meeting was with, I guess.

Well, she had another tweet that read:

@shemcb oh HOLY SHIT , YES! Their "friends" of mine. #"bandmates" #friends #they're

It doesn't take a whole lot of thinking to see who that is directed at.

Ah, didn't see that one. Yikes. I guess that clears it up. Sounds like the parting wasn't as amicable as their official statements would have had us believe.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

I don't know what to think about that. So she's saying she was kicked out of DBT for her "bad bass playing and weak songs"?

I find that hard to believe. Why in the world would they have let it span across years and albums if they felt that way?
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Twitter: Thinking twice is not enough.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

beantownbubba wrote:Twitter: Thinking twice is not enough.

:lol:

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Well, if these tweets are saying what some of us seem to think they are, how will that affect Neff's relationship with the band going forward? If she's implying she was basically forced out, that couldn't have went over too well with Neff.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

How does Neff come into this...? :?: