Jason on Twitter is a thing of beauty

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Jason on Twitter is a thing of beauty

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

A nice Mother's Day message from Jason:

Jason Isbell wrote:Happy Mothers' day! I have a great one and I love her. She bought me guitars and rock and roll records even when we were broke.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

I love the fact that our day sheet for tomorrow includes the 1:20 pm Cubs game. Hell yes.

Ruh roh.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Sounds like he had a rough night last night.

Don't mean to bitch, but really. It's getting damn close to somebody's rhythm guitarist for me. At least I could make $ and have a family.

And I love kids. They love me. I'm getting tired of singing my own stupid songs to nobody.

500 "we love you Jason" (and one "you never should have left the truckers") later...

Thanks for the goodness, folks. I was being a bitch, and I'm over it now. Love y'all.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Damn. I missed those on the feed. Sounds like a couple bad nights for sure. I think he fell and knocked the back of his head the previous night.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Yeah, I think their van bit the dust, too. Bad week all around.

shizzer

Post by shizzer »

yeah i cant say I'd blame him. Its a shame but I was at the Chicago show and there were literally maybe 150 people there. Thats pathetic for how talented he is. Damn shame.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

shizzer wrote:yeah i cant say I'd blame him. Its a shame but I was at the Chicago show and there were literally maybe 150 people there. Thats pathetic for how talented he is. Damn shame.

I thought there were a lot more people than that there. It was nearly full to the back. Not sure what that place holds though. 300 maybe? If so I'd guess it was over 200. I was at his show a year or so ago in DeKalb and there were maybe 30 people there (Drifter could confirm that but I'm close). The bottom line is that the support for guys like Jason, Slobberbone, Dexateens, Two Cow Garage and others often isn't there. These guys write great songs and then travel around the country for little money and basically no love. It sucks, and I don't blame Jason for feeling that way but it does make me sad.

colodogdoc

Post by colodogdoc »

Anybody see this Tweet yesterday?

"This is true: When I was in the American rock and roll band Drive-By Truckers, not a single band member had any tattoos."

Hard to believe, for sure.
"Mamma always said electric guitars will give you herpes."

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

colodogdoc wrote:Anybody see this Tweet yesterday?

"This is true: When I was in the American rock and roll band Drive-By Truckers, not a single band member had any tattoos."

I saw that pop up on the feed. Pretty slick factoid. I figured EZB would have a tattoo at least.

GTO

Post by GTO »

colodogdoc wrote:Anybody see this Tweet yesterday?

Well, there's one Trucker he'd know for sure. How would he know about the others? Exactly what do these rock stars get up to in their off hours? And are there photographs?
Baby was a blacksheep
Baby was a whore

McButton

Post by McButton »

JasonIsbell
"The Secret To A Happy Ending." #describeyourpeniswithamovie

An instant classic.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Hmm.

Jason Isbell wrote:Big news is a 'comin. I'll let folks know ASAP.

Jason Isbell wrote:Really exciting, though.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Jason Isbell
Sears' Kardashian Kollection should have a weed-whacker 'cause you know they're hairy as hell
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I'm about ready to block him on Facebook. He tweets more than a teenage girl, and most of it is completely stupid
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Zip City wrote:I'm about ready to block him on Facebook. He tweets more than a teenage girl, and most of it is completely stupid

Then go ahead and do it. It makes no sense to me why people follow people on twitter and complain about their tweets. It's easier than easy to unfollow.

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

He's just having tweeters-block. He was on a roll for a while.

Will

Post by Will »

He re-tweeted my "Rusty Trombone Shorty" joke yesterday. I'm so proud. And juvenile.

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

All I know is that he tweeted he's gonna be here in Columbus on Monday hanging out with Justin T. Earle. Show is sold out and I am hoping Jason is gonna sit in...

Emily

Post by Emily »

I saw JTE last night in Detroit and Jason played the whole set with him! I don't follow Jason's twitter, so when he showed up on stage it was an awesome surprise! Here's a shitty cell phone picture of Jason and the adorable fiddle player [Amanda, I think?]:

I'd never seen Jason play before so it was a real treat, although I do wish we could have heard a little bit more from him. It was a killer show regardless. The whole band was really happy and into it and their banter was hilarious.

[Except for that one dude, as Jason mentions on his twitter. There was this guy right behind me that was drunk off his ass before the show even started and he kept shouting and talking really loudly throughout all the quiet, heartfelt songs. Eventually Justin said to him, "I remember my first beer too" and security dragged him to the back of the venue. Later, Justin asked if everyone was having a good time - "Well, everybody but that one guy..." - and Jason said "He feels really good now, but he ain't gonna feel so good tomorrow!"]
she was all provocative and everything
until she saw what I was capable of

Monty610

Post by Monty610 »

Emily wrote:I saw JTE last night in Detroit and Jason played the whole set with him! I don't follow Jason's twitter, so when he showed up on stage it was an awesome surprise! Here's a shitty cell phone picture of Jason and the adorable fiddle player [Amanda, I think?]:

I'd never seen Jason play before so it was a real treat, although I do wish we could have heard a little bit more from him. It was a killer show regardless. The whole band was really happy and into it and their banter was hilarious.

[Except for that one dude, as Jason mentions on his twitter. There was this guy right behind me that was drunk off his ass before the show even started and he kept shouting and talking really loudly throughout all the quiet, heartfelt songs. Eventually Justin said to him, "I remember my first beer too" and security dragged him to the back of the venue. Later, Justin asked if everyone was having a good time - "Well, everybody but that one guy..." - and Jason said "He feels really good now, but he ain't gonna feel so good tomorrow!"]

Nice! Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to it. One of my good friends who saw my first JTE show with me (opening for the first Jason Isbell headlining set I ever saw) missed out on tickets for this show. He is kicking himself in the ass big time right now...

TruckerClown

Post by TruckerClown »

That "adorable fiddle player" Amanda Shires has two very strong solo albums of her own that people should check out: Carrying Lightning and West Cross Timbers...

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Movin' on up!

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

I like Jason on Twitter. Even if, like Zip said, he tweets more than a teenage girl. And I have my own crush on Amanda Shires. But does anyone else feel weird being a Twitvoyeur as their blossoming romance unfolds?

It's so NACHO.
Not forever, just for now.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

'Scratch wrote:But does anyone else feel weird being a Twitvoyeur as their blossoming romance unfolds?

I liked her Tweet to the effect of "I feel sorry for you if you fuck this up". :lol:

Moon & Mascara

Post by Moon & Mascara »

[color=#BF0000]I don't follow twitter, but after reading some of Jason's tweets -- should I regret my tats? I will miss you in Oxford tonight, Jason! I usually drive up, but I have an early flight out of town tomorrow. I agree not enough fans get out to see him. I hope he has a decent crowd in Oxford. I think he likes playing there either way.
. . . I've always been a holy terror.

kendix

Post by kendix »

So are Jason and Amanda dating or not?
I'll write you a letter tomorrow. Tonight I can't hold a pen.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

kendix wrote:So are Jason and Amanda dating or not?

If they're not then his Tweets are kind of embarrassing.

But yes, it would appear so.

dbtfan4life

Post by dbtfan4life »

so no more van huh? looks like a kickass tourbus hell yea jason!!!

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

That bus must be a temporary thing, or belong to JTE. In Sacramento monday they were in a van pulling a trailer.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.