Jason on Twitter is a thing of beauty

Discuss Jason Isbell, Shonna Tucker, John Neff

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: Jason on Twitter is a thing of beauty

Post by Zip City »

rlipps wrote:Jason tweeted this morning that "The Dirty South is by far the best Drive-By Truckers record."

Really? Jason's favorite DBT album is the one with the most Jason songs? Shocking!

I kid, I kid
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Zip City wrote:
rlipps wrote:Jason tweeted this morning that "The Dirty South is by far the best Drive-By Truckers record."

Really? Jason's favorite DBT album is the one with the most Jason songs? Shocking!

I kid, I kid

I thought the same thing: shocker

Would love to hear him review BTCD &TBTD (just for curiosities sake)
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

:D
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Clams

Post by Clams »

He might be right.
If you don't run you rust

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Clams wrote:

He might be right.

He might be, but he's in a helluva position to say that IMO...

Clams

Post by Clams »

Smitty wrote:
Clams wrote:

He might be right.

He might be, but he's in a helluva position to say that IMO...

isn't he entitled to an opinion?
If you don't run you rust

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Clams wrote:isn't he entitled to an opinion?

Of course he is - but I believe certain situations call for a little restraint... I dunno it just seems arrogant to me.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I guess there's nothing wrong with it, it's not even a jab at the rest of the guys or anything either really, just rubbed me the wrong way - but he's off by one, that's Decoration Day :D

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I wasn't offended in any way. In fact, I thought it was refreshing that he acknowledged DBT at all, since I always feel a weird, uncomfortable thing between him and the band.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Zip City wrote:I wasn't offended in any way. In fact, I thought it was refreshing that he acknowledged DBT at all, since I always feel a weird, uncomfortable thing between him and the band.

He also said his two favorite songs on the record were Tornadoes and Lookout Mountain. I think that's interesting and kind of cool.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Zip City wrote:I wasn't offended in any way. In fact, I thought it was refreshing that he acknowledged DBT at all, since I always feel a weird, uncomfortable thing between him and the band.

He also said his two favorite songs on the record were Tornadoes and Lookout Mountain. I think that's interesting and kind of cool.

That is very cool

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Smitty wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:

That is very cool

yeah that WAS!
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I love and respect Jason and will continue to support anything he's involved in, it just seems to me since the split he hasn't always taken the high-road, on or off the record (atleast not compared to the rest of the guys)
I believe he's as talented an artist as anyone out there and maybe he's just a little bitter about how the whole thing came about, and that could be justified I don't know or pretend to know really anything about what happened, I'm just making an ass outta myself I guess, and I don't want to get into it much more than that since it's 0% concern or my business - that's just why I got a lil testy about his tweet about TDS (I just wrongly assumed it was a jab at their work since then)
He seems like a stand-up guy and from the time I've spent with him I can't say anything bad about him, he just comes off as bitter sometimes to me.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Heh.

Jason Isbell wrote:NO, Twitter, I don't want to follow the Avett Bros.. I liked them better when they were Split Lip Rayfield and my boy was still alive.
5:16 AM Aug 21st via web
ain't no static on the gospel radio

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Smitty wrote:I love and respect Jason and will continue to support anything he's involved in, it just seems to me since the split he hasn't always taken the high-road, on or off the record (atleast not compared to the rest of the guys)

Other than the infamous middle finger picture, what are you talking about?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Duke Silver wrote:Heh.

Jason Isbell wrote:NO, Twitter, I don't want to follow the Avett Bros.. I liked them better when they were Split Lip Rayfield and my boy was still alive.
5:16 AM Aug 21st via web

Both bands are awesome, he just won't admit it

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

Zip City wrote:...I thought it was refreshing that he acknowledged DBT at all...

+1
Having a broken heart wears you out.

Jack Flash

Post by Jack Flash »

My favorite Jason Twitter moment is when he was touring in Australia and posted a picture of himself holding a koala.

kendix

Post by kendix »

Smitty wrote:I love and respect Jason and will continue to support anything he's involved in, it just seems to me since the split he hasn't always taken the high-road, on or off the record (atleast not compared to the rest of the guys)
I believe he's as talented an artist as anyone out there and maybe he's just a little bitter about how the whole thing came about, and that could be justified I don't know or pretend to know really anything about what happened, I'm just making an ass outta myself I guess, and I don't want to get into it much more than that since it's 0% concern or my business - that's just why I got a lil testy about his tweet about TDS (I just wrongly assumed it was a jab at their work since then)
He seems like a stand-up guy and from the time I've spent with him I can't say anything bad about him, he just comes off as bitter sometimes to me.

It's probably a lot easier to take the high road and not be bitter when you weren't the one kicked out of the band and your ex-wife wasn't chosen instead of you.
I'll write you a letter tomorrow. Tonight I can't hold a pen.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

kendix wrote:

It's probably a lot easier to take the high road and not be bitter when you weren't the one kicked out of the band and your ex-wife wasn't chosen instead of you.

Probably so - but he ought to be a lil more grateful to the guys for no only letting them in their band at the peak of their critical success, but also giving him an outlet for his songs when they already had two top-notch songwriters.

This is all pointless assumptions though, I think its ran its course

kendix

Post by kendix »

I think both parties benefited from Isbell's time in the band and are showing an appropriate amount of gratuity considering all that has transpired. But maybe he shouldn't tweet about his time in the band at all for free of being labeled uppity.
I'll write you a letter tomorrow. Tonight I can't hold a pen.

Sian-of-the-dead

Post by Sian-of-the-dead »

I've followed Jason on twitter for a while... sometimes his tweets are the only reason I look at it :oops: :?
Truck Log Auditor extraordinaire.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Jason Isbell wrote:"People love pizza. They don't love math." Pizza Hut, I think you've perfectly identified America's problems with one simple statement.

Brilliant.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Here's my personal favorite from Jason:

I wish Twitter would quit telling me to follow Nathan Followill. I wouldn't follow that dude to the International House of Blowjobs.

ford911

Post by ford911 »

coming in late but about the TDS discussion he has tweeted several times that he doesn't listen to his own songs because he hears them enough. maybe he was judging based on the record without his songs. it's my fave too.

he also tweeted from austin the other day that he walked into stubb's and the truckers were playing on the radio.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

"My ex-wife was on Fallon and my future ex-wife was on Letterman"

Sian-of-the-dead

Post by Sian-of-the-dead »

Zip City wrote:"My ex-wife was on Fallon and my future ex-wife was on Letterman"

I saw that...

He's a funny guy, i'll give him that :)
Truck Log Auditor extraordinaire.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

At least once a day he writes something that makes me laugh outside. Dude is hilarious.

About his thoughts on BTCD, when TFP came out we were at one of his shows and were standing out back with him and the band and some other fans like us and someone asked him about TFP and he was excited and thought it was a great album and a good idea, and wasnt sure why a few of his songs were just finally being put out and hadnt been on any albums earlier. Than someone asked about BTCD, and he did not have anything nice to say about it, including something about how he would have never fit in on that album. That was in 2009 I think, so I am sure he has mellowed some on the whole situation.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Jeremy wrote:At least once a day he writes something that makes me laugh outside. Dude is hilarious.

About his thoughts on BTCD, when TFP came out we were at one of his shows and were standing out back with him and the band and some other fans like us and someone asked him about TFP and he was excited and thought it was a great album and a good idea, and wasnt sure why a few of his songs were just finally being put out and hadnt been on any albums earlier. Than someone asked about BTCD, and he did not have anything nice to say about it, including something about how he would have never fit in on that album. That was in 2009 I think, so I am sure he has mellowed some on the whole situation.

Must've been some bitterness talking, because if there's any DBT album his solo stuff would fit on, it's BTCD. Dress Blues, The Magician, Seven Mile Island, Razor Town, Streetlights...they'd all sound great on that album.
ain't no static on the gospel radio

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

I use Twitter for work so most of my feed is filled with geeky computer security stuff, then there's Jason. He can be a funny dude when inspired.

BTW, who is the future ex that he was referring to on Letterman?
Not forever, just for now.